PDA

View Full Version : Would you give up Travis Henry for...

Stewie
07-26-2004, 10:13 AM
1. O-gun.
2. 1st/3rd conditional.
3. The rights to RW contract. You never know, hitting the bong might get boring after a couple years. ;)

Hope Ricky has fun this year :drool:

I'd trade Travis, sign a busted-ass leftover RB, and pray to the lord every night for McGahee's knees.

Where's Ken Simonton when you need him? :D

Earthquake Enyart
07-26-2004, 10:16 AM
1. yes
2. yes
3. hell no

saviorbledsoe
07-26-2004, 10:19 AM
NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What if Mcgahee, who is very injury prone blows out the knee again then we are worse off than the dolphin are right now!!!

DAMN why cant you people see this?

whats wrong with depth?

Bill Brasky
07-26-2004, 10:22 AM
Jesus christ, it was just a matter of time before one of these "Let's trade Travis/Would you trade Travis for..." threads started up.

Stewie
07-26-2004, 10:31 AM
Hey, if you can turn a 2nd round pick into three first round picks, you do it.

LtBillsFan66
07-26-2004, 10:32 AM
I would 1 and 2 if it wasn't a division rival.

BillsFever
07-26-2004, 10:50 AM
I wouldn't trade him just for O-Gun. If they offered a signed O-Gun and a 1st round pick in 2005 I'd send him packing on the next plane out of town though. That would be to good to pass up.

But I don't think even the Dolphins are crazy or stupid enough to make a deal like that but you never know.

Face it the shelf life of an NFL RB is the shortest in the league. Even the best of RB's break down around 30 years old and most even sooner. Especially someone like Henry who gets beat up to death every carry.

About half of TH's prime is already over with and he's only a little above average as it is. I know some don't like to admit it cause he is a Bill but it's the truth.

He's a great power runner but as far as the blocking, receiving, speed, vision and holding onto the ball goes he is nothing special.

He is nowhere close to the elite RB's like...

Tomlinson
Green
Holmes(The system makes Holmes great though)
Portis
Lewis
McAllister

Others I'd rate ahead of him are...

Alexander
Taylor(Now that he seemed to shake off the injuries)
James
S. Davis

He's a Top 11-15 RB. Them other guys can do more things to open up the offense that Henry isn't capable of.

Defenses fear the Top 6 elite backs on the list. Henry isn't anywhere close to that level and never will be.

With that said I'm happy with him as our RB but we could do better. McGahee has the skills that defenses could fear(If his knee stays healthy of course)

No defenses are worried about Henry busting one to the house or swinging out of the backfield and burning your LB's for a deep pass play. Them kind of RB's can open up your entire offense. Henry is one dimensional and that's why he's not an elite back.

There will be RB's like him that come out every year. He's not the type of RB I'd dish out a huge mega contract to after 2005 when he's already 27 years old and his shelf life is almost over.

Look at all the great backs over the years and focus on their production between 28-31. There will be exceptions but most of them hits the wall around 28 and become average for their next few seasons if they were the featured back carrying the ball 300+ times a season.

How many productive 30+ year old RB's do you see that carried the ball 300+ times a year over 6+ seasons?

Think hard because you won't find many. Happens to the best of them.

OpIv37
07-26-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone
I would 1 and 2 if it wasn't a division rival.

I wouldn't willingly give up either one, but bf1 has a point- there's no way we should let a star player go to a division rival. Also, as much as I'd like O-Gun or some quality draft picks, it's not worth bailing Miami out.

Stewie
07-26-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by BillsFever

But I don't think even the Dolphins are crazy or stupid enough to make a deal like that but you never know.

Normally I'd agree with you. But look at this situation. Miami is built to win now. The defensive talent is aging. The coach is going into his last year. The front office is all new and untested. Basically, if they don't win this year they blow up this team and build a new system from scratch.

Miami is in a position to get screwed right now. They need to salvage this season. Emotions are going to stay high until camp opens and things settle down. If there's ever a time for Miami to do something stupid, now is it.

Bill Brasky
07-26-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by paulB
Hey, if you can turn a 2nd round pick into three first round picks, you do it.

This sounds like NBA draft logic... let's get rid of one of the few guys on the team that hasn't sucked over the last few years so we can go after potential.

Better yet let's trade him to our biggest rival.

We shouldn't be talking about trading this guy until he starts to suck. We shouldn't be talking about trading him to the Dolphins, period.

Tatonka
07-26-2004, 10:58 AM
i would not want to face travis twice a year.. no matter what they gave us.

no way.

OpIv37
07-26-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by jfreeman
This sounds like NBA draft logic... let's get rid of one of the few guys on the team that hasn't sucked over the last few years so we can go after potential.

Better yet let's trade him to our biggest rival.

We shouldn't be talking about trading this guy until he starts to suck. We shouldn't be talking about trading him to the Dolphins, period.

This is the most logical thing I've read on this board today. I don't know why people are talking about trading Henry just cuz we have McGahee- having two running backs when our rival has NONE is not a bad thing, and the Bills should NEVER deal a starter to the Dolphins if there's another way to get what they want.
(not to mention that McGahee is unproven and has injury issues)

Gunzlingr
07-26-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i would not want to face travis twice a year.. no matter what they gave us.

no way.

I agree if the other team was in the NFC, then I would seriously think about it, but not to a division opponent.