• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever
    Mr. Predictament
    • Feb 2003

Ricky Williams is one of the most overrated RB's in the last 10 years

Face it, what did this weirdo do in his short career to be considered great for the last 5 years?

The dude only rushed for over 1,500 yards once in his career, only had 10+ TD's in two of his years, and only averaged 4.0 ypc over his 5 years.

He had 1 great season and was average his other 4. It was wasted talent if you ask me.

I think Ricky was ready to pull an Eddie George as it was and hit his wall at a young age. The guy was abused for years with carries.

Texas started running him into the ground in college with a ton of carries. Then he was injured most of his first 2 years in the NFL. Then he went to the Dolphins and they ran him into the ground for 2 years.

The Titans ran George into the ground and he basically finished by 28 years old from the abuse. He's been terrible the last 3 years and that's how I saw Ricky's career heading.

You can't run your RB 375+ times a season and expect him to have a long productive career. Combine his college carries in with his NFL carries and he had the amount of carries a normal used 30 year old RB would have.

A lot of good RB's were never the same after a couple years of abuse. Guys like Eddie George, Jamal Anderson and Terrel Davis come to mind. I saw a stat on ESPN last year about this and all of the RB's production went down or they ended up seriously injured after a couple years of abuse. About the only one that kept on ticking away was Dickerson.

A normal amount of carries for a RB is around 325 a year. You start running them 375-400 times a year and they will break down. Ricky was about to head down that road.
Working...
X