PDA

View Full Version : What will Dolphins do now?

ShadowHawk7
07-26-2004, 01:07 PM
ESPN.com

The timing of Ricky Williams' retirement couldn't have been worse for the Miami Dolphins.

Had Williams informed the Dolphins earlier this week of his desire to quit, they could have bid for former Titans halfback Eddie George and topped the $2.2 million the Cowboys will pay him this season. Like Williams, George is a physical running back who fits Miami's style of running.

Once the Titans lost George, they immediately signed Antowain Smith, the best back available and another possibility for the Dolphins, had they known sooner.

More (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=1846119)

Bah da bah ba bah, I'm Lovin' It!

BillsRockSOMUCH
07-26-2004, 01:12 PM
:lolpoint: Dolphins

ShadowHawk7
07-26-2004, 01:16 PM
Laugh now, until Sammy Morris starts and bites our ass. :cynic: :(

ShadowHawk7
07-26-2004, 01:16 PM
lol, :jk:

Mr. Miyagi
07-26-2004, 01:34 PM
Sammy is a nice 3rd down back. But that's it.

Dolphins fans complained during the Marino era that there's no running game. Then they had one with Ricky but Marino already retired and they had no passing game.

And now they have NOTHING. :laughter:

The Spaz
07-26-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
Laugh now, until Sammy Morris starts and bites our ass. :cynic: :(

I'll worry more about him on special teams more than him being in the backfield.

ShadowHawk7
07-26-2004, 02:07 PM
Note the post saying i was :jk:ing.

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Sammy is a nice 3rd down back. But that's it.

Dolphins fans complained during the Marino era that there's no running game. Then they had one with Ricky but Marino already retired and they had no passing game.

And now they have NOTHING. :laughter:

:rofl:

ScottLawrence
07-26-2004, 02:16 PM
What will Dolphins do now?

Punt.:)

saviorbledsoe
07-26-2004, 02:18 PM
Miami loves picking up our old RBs

Thurman
Charlie Rogers
Sammy

tomdonahoe
07-26-2004, 02:30 PM
Dismantle or move to Mexico City. The NFL has always wanted an international franchise.

saviorbledsoe
07-26-2004, 02:32 PM
You dont think the Rams would give them Faulk because they have that rookie RB now ??????????????????????????????

:(

The Spaz
07-26-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
You dont think the Rams would give them Faulk because they have that rookie RB now ??????????????????????????????

:(

I don't see Faulk being a workhorse anymore.

DraftBoy
07-26-2004, 02:42 PM
He could have 1 or 2 more good seasons (Faulk that is) but he's a finess back and couldnt take the pounding Ricky could.

saviorbledsoe
07-26-2004, 02:46 PM
im getting really worried...............a lot of finhell posters are thinking they'll get T.Henry......ill never forgive TD if he does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Miyagi
07-26-2004, 02:57 PM
im getting really worried...............a lot of finhell posters are thinking they'll get T.Henry......ill never forgive TD if he does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't worry. TD wouldn't do it.

Now ask them to pass the :smoke:

Samphin1
07-26-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by ScottLawrence
What will Dolphins do now?

Punt.:)

Sadly, that was funny. :(

As a Dolphins fan, this is a devastating blow to this season. I am not one for predictions, but this almost guarentees us a losing season for the first time in forever. Only then, will I know what it feels like to root for a losing franchise. I will know what it is like to be a Bills fan. :D

I suppose the only positves that could possibly come from this is now we have enough money to sign O-Gun and Chambers easily and have enough left over to possibly go after a running back next off season. Edge would be ok by me next season, seeing how Indy will lose him due to Manning's contract.

Travis Henry is a good back, but i wouldn't want to trade with Buffalo, unless it was cheap, which it won't be. I would rather he stay in Buffalo and hopefully have a running back controversywith Willis. This timing is just terrible.

Mr. Miyagi
07-26-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Samphin1
a losing season for the first time in forever. Only then, will I know what it feels like to root for a losing franchise. I will know what it is like to be a Bills fan. :D
1988 - 6-10.

16 years is forever to only a teenage. Are you one? :D

Samphin1
07-26-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
1988 - 6-10.

16 years is forever to only a teenage. Are you one? :D

In the age of parity and in football especially, 16 years is forever. I am in my 20's there sir, which is probably around where your IQ maxes out. :D :2guns:

Kramer
07-26-2004, 04:34 PM
In the age of parity and in football especially, 16 years is forever. I am in my 20's there sir, which is probably around where your IQ maxes out. :D :2guns:

Your team is going to suck this year!! Bwahahahahaha!!!

5-11 baby. Get used to it. The Bills are going to SWEEP you this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samphin1
07-26-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Kramer
Your team is going to suck this year!! Bwahahahahaha!!!

5-11 baby. Get used to it. The Bills are going to SWEEP you this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something tells me, that if Buffalo went 2-14 for the rest of their existance and those two wins came against Miami, Buffalosers would be happy. Perhaps the players feel the same way and that type of narrowminded thinking is the reason they have never won a Super Bowl?

saviorbledsoe
07-26-2004, 04:56 PM
Something tells me, that if Buffalo went 2-14 for the rest of their existance and those two wins came against Miami, Buffalosers would be happy. Perhaps the players feel the same way and that type of narrowminded thinking is the reason they have never won a Super Bowl?

when your team was last even IN a Superbowl u werent even an itch in your daddys pants yet.

Samphin1
07-27-2004, 04:21 PM
when your team was last even IN a Superbowl u werent even an itch in your daddys pants yet.

True, but no one can accuse me of being a bandwagon fan either. I have stuck through them through good times, bad times and flat out weird times ( I think this applies ). I root for a championship everyday and will one day get to cheer with my fellow Fin fans. Some who remember the last one we won, some whose next one will be their first one. I have seen my Lakers dominate and Dodgers pull together when everyone counted them out to win championships. One day, Miami will be on top of the NFL again and I will rejoice. The franchise as a whole, is still way more wildly succseful than the Bills.

Charlieguide
07-27-2004, 04:59 PM
To answer the original question, I think the fish will end up trading for someone.
Most likely candidates: Moe Williams or Michael Bennett from MN, or Anthony Thomas CHI.

Less likely candidates: Amos Zeroue or Troy Hambrick OAK, DeShaun Foster CAR, Jerome Bettis PIT.

What's interesting about this is that they might only be concerned about the coming season; they may rather hold their draft picks and trade to pick up the top back next season.