PDA

View Full Version : Van Pelt Adjusting to New Challenge

The_Philster
07-26-2004, 04:03 PM
A new Van will enter the broadcast booth when the bills take the field in 2004. Alex Van Pelt will take over the color duties along with play-by-play man John Murphy to form the new Bills radio team for the upcoming season. Murphy replaces long-time legend Van Miller who called nearly 40 years of Bills football with Murphy as his color man for 16 of those seasons.

Van Pelt played quarterback for the Bills for 10 seasons and started 11 games in that span. His biggest year came in 2001 when he appeared in 12 games, starting eight of those. With his playing days now behind him, Van Pelt looks to embrace his new career....more (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=2606)
http://www.buffalobills.com/images/news/radioteam726_subsq.jpg

saviorbledsoe
07-26-2004, 04:12 PM
i know right! he almost look like Murphey with a goatee!

HenryRules
07-26-2004, 05:39 PM
I was hoping he'd get in to coaching ... he would be a pretty good QB coach I think.

Mr. Cynical
07-26-2004, 06:30 PM
Why do you think his nickname was Pils (Pillsbury Doughboy)? He was *always* fat!

But I hope he does well in the booth and like HenryRules said, I agree he'd be a good QB coach. One thing AVP always had was a great leadership attitude and a solid grasp of the game.

It was just all those jelly donuts holding him back. :homer:

Dozerdog
07-26-2004, 07:40 PM
I wonder if he will read the commercials from a clip board

musicalpatterns
07-26-2004, 11:46 PM
Van Pelt is making an appearance July 30 at Xtreme Wheelz Skatepark 356 Hertel Ave Buffalo (between Military and Tonawanda Street). He's accepting donations for the WNY Food Bank. Part of the Got Milk? skate/band tour. Not sure what time it starts.

TypicalBill
07-27-2004, 01:36 AM
Isn't that CP next to Van Pelt??

:couch:

Earthquake Enyart
07-27-2004, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by TypicalBill
Isn't that CP next to Van Pelt??

:couch:

:rofl:

Bulldog
07-27-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by musicalpatterns
Van Pelt is making an appearance July 30 at Xtreme Wheelz Skatepark 356 Hertel Ave Buffalo (between Military and Tonawanda Street). He's accepting donations for the WNY Food Bank. Part of the Got Milk? skate/band tour. Not sure what time it starts.

From the looks of AVP, I just hope that some of the food actually makes it to the WNY Food Bank:D

Mr. Cynical
07-27-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog
From the looks of AVP, I just hope that some of the food actually makes it to the WNY Food Bank:D

:rofl: