PDA

View Full Version : Miami Has Contacted Bills!

saviorbledsoe
07-27-2004, 06:34 AM
'The Dolphins also contacted a half-dozen other teams, including the Oakland Raiders, Chicago Bears, Buffalo Bills and Minnesota Vikings, an NFL source said.'

Miami Herald Article.....need to be subscribed :(

https://registration.realcities.com/reg/login.do?url=http://www.miami.com%2Fmld%2Fmiami%2F9250952.htm

:eek: :rolleyes: :mad: :pow:

ryven
07-27-2004, 06:55 AM
Man this is funny there really scrambling. Well I hope we dont let Henry go until Mcgahee proves himself and even at that I would still love to have Travis here.

saviorbledsoe
07-27-2004, 07:01 AM
We better keep em both until after this year. And NEVER help out one of your worst enemies in their time of dispair!

Pride
07-27-2004, 07:04 AM
I agree... The Bills need to keep BOTH RB's this season. I dont care how much of a future Willis has... he isnt proven.

Alluro
07-27-2004, 07:07 AM
If we could get say a 1, a 2, and say Ogen for Henry...you gotta take that. Especially when you consider henry won't even be here after next season

Earthquake Enyart
07-27-2004, 07:09 AM
Talk here is that Miami IS NOT interested in Anthony Thomas.

In fact, whispers are that the coaching staff actually prefers him to Thomas Jones, but no one will come out and say it since they are all new at their jobs and don't want to piss off the GM.

saviorbledsoe
07-27-2004, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Alluro
If we could get say a 1, a 2, and say Ogen for Henry...you gotta take that. Especially when you consider henry won't even be here after next season

what if it will take Mcgahee a year to get going? then we suck. what happens if Mcgahee blows out his knee or has some other injury? then we are done. screw draft picks. screw the extra pass rush on the number 2 defense. I WANT MY RUNNING ATTACK!!!

Pride
07-27-2004, 07:23 AM
I agree with SB!

You do NOT trade a Pro Bowl Running back to your Division Rival! I dont care what they trade you. They have already proven that they can beat us handily with a running attack.

clumping platelets
07-27-2004, 07:33 AM
I would take O-Gun and their #1 for Henry

Thailog80
07-27-2004, 07:39 AM
No way....WE DO NOT DEAL WITH MIAMI.......NFW!!!!!!

clumping platelets
07-27-2004, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Thailog80

I cannot tell what you are trying to say :idunno:

:lol:

The Spaz
07-27-2004, 07:50 AM
Miami can dream on too!!!!!!:boring:

Mr. Miyagi
07-27-2004, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Thailog80
I'm with Thailog. I don't care if they give us O-gun, #1 and #2 next draft. No deal.

Well, maybe throw in a Jason Taylor on top of it and I'd think about it. :D

clumping platelets
07-27-2004, 07:52 AM
I got it!

O-Gun, Chambers, and their #1 in 2005

we would give them Henry and Denney

DEAL!

DraftBoy
07-27-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Pride
I agree with SB!

You do NOT trade a Pro Bowl Running back to your Division Rival! I dont care what they trade you. They have already proven that they can beat us handily with a running attack.

You damn sure do if you can ruin their future at the same time. Henry for #1 and Ogun?? You gotta be stupid not to take it. Not only do you leave their already thin DL depleted. You pick up a 1st you dont have for this draft and give them a RB who had one of the worst ypc avg of all 1000 yard rushers last year. Henry is a workhorse but he wont ever be an elite back. Id rather give the ball to Willis and take my chances.

The Spaz
07-27-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
You damn sure do if you can ruin their future at the same time. Henry for #1 and Ogun?? You gotta be stupid not to take it. Not only do you leave their already thin DL depleted. You pick up a 1st you dont have for this draft and give them a RB who had one of the worst ypc avg of all 1000 yard rushers last year. Henry is a workhorse but he wont ever be an elite back. Id rather give the ball to Willis and take my chances.

It would hurt both teams if McGahee god forbid he hurts his kneee then were back to the drawing board again in search for a #1 back. You don't trade either until the year is over.

ryjam282
07-27-2004, 08:17 AM
I would have to agree with DraftBoy on this one. There is no way you can pass up that type of deal. I mean sure McGahee isn't proven but no other RB that comes into the league is proven. Hell, T-Hen was a nobody till 2 years ago. I do know if TD has any faith at all in McGahee he will not second guess his draft pick and I think a #1 and O-Gun is a GREAT deal and one we could not pass up. I love Henry as much as all of you but I do think McGahee is the future and we should jump on this if offered.

The Spaz
07-27-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by ryjam282
I would have to agree with DraftBoy on this one. There is no way you can pass up that type of deal. I mean sure McGahee isn't proven but no other RB that comes into the league is proven. Hell, T-Hen was a nobody till 2 years ago. I do know if TD has any faith at all in McGahee he will not second guess his draft pick and I think a #1 and O-Gun is a GREAT deal and one we could not pass up. I love Henry as much as all of you but I do think McGahee is the future and we should jump on this if offered.

We no absolutely 0 about McGahee right now nothing, zilch, zero, nada we know what HEnry has been doing.

ryjam282
07-27-2004, 08:19 AM
And I don't understand where all this what if McGahee hurts his knee crap is coming from, what if Travis hurts his? A surgically repaired ACL is medically stronger then one that is not repaired. I mean it could happen to anyone at any time. Look at Jamal Lewis he had 2 ACL surgeries and last I checked he did OK and Edge is back. Sure Terrell Davis didn't make it back but there is an exception to everything and he is it. McGahee will be fine and he has as much as chance of hurting his knee as any other person in the NFL that runs with a football and gets tackled. It is the nature of the business.

DraftBoy
07-27-2004, 08:20 AM
I agree you dont do it, but the scenario is tempting. Send Miami a running back who is currently over rated imo, and over priced and in turn get a stud DE, and a 1st. Honestly these days almost any RB is a threat for 1000yd season, Denver just kept turning them out year after year so much to the fact that its lost its luster to be honest. Id be very tempted to trade Henry and sign some of the roster cuts teams make as insurance for Willis. If he gets hurt, oh well you tried something and you lost, who can you blame for that? There is no guarantee Henry wont get hurt or have a down performance this year. NFL is all a business and this business has a motto: "What have you done for my lately?" Willis has done nothing, Henry has done much good and bad. I look at like this: Take 2 good rb's into the season and flirt with a possible RB controversy (bc we all know Henry is already all pissy about McGahee) and possibly lose Henry for nothing in the offseason, or trade Henry to Miami for Ogun and 1st and have them mortgage some immediate future to us, but in turn we take a big hit at RB and run the threat of not having one if McGahee is injured. Thats the way it is.

ryjam282
07-27-2004, 08:20 AM
We knew nothing about Henry when he became the starter too, he just blossomed. McGahee has more ability then Henry and better hands, speed, and blocking skills too. Sometimes you have to just know what you did is right and go with it. That is what all the scouts get paid all the money for.

clumping platelets
07-27-2004, 08:29 AM
I'm not serious about my proposals. Why help the Fins?

ryjam282
07-27-2004, 08:31 AM
Cause it would really help us out, and do you think with Miami's offensive line and Henry's lack of breakaway speed we would really be helping them out that much???

Bulldog
07-27-2004, 08:58 AM
I agree you dont do it, but the scenario is tempting. Send Miami a running back who is currently over rated imo, and over priced and in turn get a stud DE, and a 1st. Honestly these days almost any RB is a threat for 1000yd season, Denver just kept turning them out year after year so much to the fact that its lost its luster to be honest. Id be very tempted to trade Henry and sign some of the roster cuts teams make as insurance for Willis. If he gets hurt, oh well you tried something and you lost, who can you blame for that? There is no guarantee Henry wont get hurt or have a down performance this year. NFL is all a business and this business has a motto: "What have you done for my lately?" Willis has done nothing, Henry has done much good and bad. I look at like this: Take 2 good rb's into the season and flirt with a possible RB controversy (bc we all know Henry is already all pissy about McGahee) and possibly lose Henry for nothing in the offseason, or trade Henry to Miami for Ogun and 1st and have them mortgage some immediate future to us, but in turn we take a big hit at RB and run the threat of not having one if McGahee is injured. Thats the way it is.

DraftBoy, please tell me how you can possibly think Travis Henry is overrated and overpaid. Take a look at anyones rankings of the RB's in the NFL and chances are that Henry is not in the top ten despite putting up back to back 1300+ yard seasons. Also, keep in mind that Henry has scored 25 TDs during that span. Now, take a look at the salaries of the RB's that have put up numbers similar to those of Henry. Only one word is appropriate to descibe the contact of TH: bargain.

ryjam282
07-27-2004, 09:03 AM
You have to remember that he was a 2nd round pick who is still pretty much playing under his rookie contract. He did get a small extension but that was only because he was completely broke and needed money. He will get his money after next year is over and he will be a very wealthy person. Sure he is a bargain but he is getting paid what he was supposed to get paid according to where he was drafted. I agree, he is playing well over what he is getting paid though but he has it coming to him.

Bulldog
07-27-2004, 09:10 AM
You have to remember that he was a 2nd round pick who is still pretty much playing under his rookie contract. He did get a small extension but that was only because he was completely broke and needed money. He will get his money after next year is over and he will be a very wealthy person. Sure he is a bargain but he is getting paid what he was supposed to get paid according to where he was drafted. I agree, he is playing well over what he is getting paid though but he has it coming to him.

No doubt he will get paid, but as of right now, DraftBoy can't possibly be serious saying he is overpaid,

ryjam282
07-27-2004, 09:22 AM
I agree, no way is he overpaid.

Gunzlingr
07-27-2004, 09:23 AM
Isn't McGahee getting more that Henry?

ryjam282
07-27-2004, 09:24 AM
Yes, he is with incentives McGahee will get paid like a top 3 pick that he could have been.

THATHURMANATOR
07-27-2004, 10:11 AM

Why do you have to take that? I sure as hell don't want to play Henry 2 times a year. Why would you help your arch rivals? Ogun had one good year.

I'M A BELIEVER
07-27-2004, 10:34 AM
I will be the first to say I love Henry. I would love to see him be a Bill forever. I love his style, his toughness, his ability.

I know very little about McGahee.

I do know that the Bills front office knows more about McGahee than I do. I do know that there is just as good of a chance that Henry will blow out a knee as McGahee blowing out a knee.

I also know that quality DE's are difficult to find in this league (we have 6 DE's on the current roster, and only Schobel is an impact player at this point) and draft picks are very valuable in future trades even if you don't use them in the draft.

There are always solid RB's to be had. Travis is a very solid RB, and one of the better backs in this league, but I don't consider him a franchise type player.

IF we did not have McGahee, I would be thinking differently.

We will never get more value from Henry than right now.
BEFORE 1) He gets hurt
2) McGahee overshadows him talentwise
3) His production slips a bit due to new scheme.

This is a business....
The Bills can beat the Dolphins with Henry, just as they could with Williams at HB.

Did Milloy really hurt the Pats last year?

Make a decision based on value vs. value and the term of value,
not based on who the player is playing for.

Bulldog
07-27-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
Why do you have to take that? I sure as hell don't want to play Henry 2 times a year. Why would you help your arch rivals? Ogun had one good year.

And playing opposite Jason Taylor doesn't suck either. Ogun is a talent, no doubt about it, but I think he's a tad overrated. The Fins would benefit more from this trade then the Bills would. Espically with the signing of Gildon.

THATHURMANATOR
07-27-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog
And playing opposite Jason Taylor doesn't suck either. Ogun is a talent, no doubt about it, but I think he's a tad overrated. The Fins would benefit more from this trade then the Bills would. Espically with the signing of Gildon.

Thank you!

juice
07-27-2004, 10:51 AM

I'd rather play Henry twice a year than to loose to NE twice a year for the next 4 years and hang our hopes on being a Wildcard.

We're trying to become a better team that can compete with the Leagues best and that happens to be the Pats in our own division.

If we dont find a way to bring consistent pressure from the DE position we will be a second best in the AFC-East for years to come.

The Rival aspect of moving players within the East is a distant second to making the playoffs.. A team cant be successful going into a season hoping for a Wildcard at best.. We have to compete for a division that at this point is owned by NE.

I'M A BELIEVER
07-27-2004, 10:55 AM
[
The Rival aspect of moving players within the East is a distant second to making the playoffs.. A team cant be successful going into a season hoping for a Wildcard at best.. We have to compete for a division that at this point is owned by NE. [/B][/QUOTE]

A-FING-MEN!!!!

THATHURMANATOR
07-27-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by juice
I'd rather play Henry twice a year than to loose to NE twice a year for the next 4 years and hang our hopes on being a Wildcard.

We're trying to become a better team that can compete with the Leagues best and that happens to be the Pats in our own division.

If we dont find a way to bring consistent pressure from the DE position we will be a second best in the AFC-East for years to come.

The Rival aspect of moving players within the East is a distant second to making the playoffs.. A team cant be successful going into a season hoping for a Wildcard at best.. We have to compete for a division that at this point is owned by NE.

You think trading Henry for Ogun would rectify this?

Marvelous
07-27-2004, 11:04 AM
We have beeen over this again and again. A 1st round pick iis not = to a proven RB.. Esp not to Miami, WTF.
I say NO WAY... Unless it's a can't pass trade Like 2- 1st

THATHURMANATOR
07-27-2004, 11:09 AM
Here is what we would be doing.

Giving our Rival who has NO rb whatsoever a solid top 10 back

We would be taking off their hands a defensive end who only gets one on one matchups because he plays opposite one of the best DEs in the league, who wants a huge contract.

I say that hurts us more than helps us.

THATHURMANATOR
07-27-2004, 11:10 AM
Plus we just signed Gildon and drafted Kelsey in the second round last year. I say we give those guys a shot!

Marvelous
07-27-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by I'M A BELIEVER

There are always solid RB's to be had. Travis is a very solid RB, and one of the better backs in this league, but I don't consider him a franchise type player.

Make a decision based on value vs. value and the term of value,
not based on who the player is playing for.
I was nodding my head along with ya till you ya busted out with something like " Theres always RB;s to be had".
HAHA! Do you not remember the year before Henry with Bryson and Morris. We sucked bad., IMO RB's are just as Rare if not rarer then QB's. We have the #2 D....

Not only is Willis heath a question mark, but he has yet to play one play so far and he's 2.5 years outta football...
**I'd be very scared if we lost Henry...

I'M A BELIEVER
07-27-2004, 11:15 AM
We had no cap room to sign anyone in the Bryson/Morris era....we have enough this year to sign a solid backup to McGahee......that's my thought process......I am NOT saying that we could find someone as good as Henry.....just a solid back up.

THATHURMANATOR
07-27-2004, 11:25 AM
We could find a decent backup most likely.

It all comes down to me not wanting to help an arch rival team.

ScottLawrence
07-27-2004, 11:31 AM
IF they offered a first and Ogunleye for Henry then you GOT to do the trade.

We would be ripping them off big time.... its like them giving us $40 and us giving them $20.

THATHURMANATOR
07-27-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by ScottLawrence
IF they offered a first and Ogunleye for Henry then you GOT to do the trade.

We would be ripping them off big time.... its like them giving us $40 and us giving them $20.

What are you talking about?

Henry is a Proven Stud Running back.

Ogun has had 1 good year and a couple average years.

I really don't understand how we would be ripping them off!

Ebenezer
07-27-2004, 11:46 AM
tell Miami to pound salt...I'd rather see them 4-12 then get the compensation for Henry...

ScottLawrence
07-27-2004, 11:50 AM
What are you talking about?

Henry is a Proven Stud Running back.

Ogun has had 1 good year and a couple average years.

I really don't understand how we would be ripping them off!

Ogunleye has had 1 GREAT year and 1 pretty good year.... he is proven in my mind...... that and a first round pick next year, possibly a top 10 pick even with Henry.

And if McGahee turns out to be a stud, it would be one of the best trades Donahoe could make.

BAM
07-27-2004, 11:57 AM
Give them McGahee that's probably who they contacted us about anyways. :up:

Ebenezer
07-27-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by BAM
Give them McGahee that's probably who they contacted us about anyways. :up:

that would not surprise me...that's a trade I might consider.

BAM
07-27-2004, 12:01 PM
Absolutely... Chambers or Ogunleye for McGahee would be fine with me :)

Although the Fins would be pretty stupid to do that, we've seen them make worse moves before.

TypicalBill
07-27-2004, 12:02 PM
IMO if Henry gets traded, he'd have a chip on his shoulder everytime he plays us. He's a bruiser, wont break away the long run but he's as consistent as they get, as tough as they get and a team player. I wouldn't trade him to Miami and help them out unless its an incredible offer that cant be refused like 2 first rounders and Ogun, which is unlikely so i wouldn't trade him. Id rather see Henry on our side than wearing aqua :puke:
Remember, McGahee didn't even get into real contact yet, we dont know how he'll respond. Trading Henry would just add a question mark to our team, why do that when we can afford to wait till next year and trade him?

JMHO

Ebenezer
07-27-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by TypicalBill
IMO if Henry gets traded, he'd have a chip on his shoulder everytime he plays us. He's a bruiser, wont break away the long run but he's as consistent as they get, as tough as they get and a team player. I wouldn't trade him to Miami and help them out unless its an incredible offer that cant be refused like 2 first rounders and Ogun, which is unlikely so i wouldn't trade him. Id rather see Henry on our side than wearing aqua :puke:
Remember, McGahee didn't even get into real contact yet, we dont know how he'll respond. Trading Henry would just add a question mark to our team, why do that when we can afford to wait till next year and trade him?

JMHO

good opinion :up:

juice
07-27-2004, 12:15 PM
You think trading Henry for Ogun would rectify this?

Yes, With Ogun we would not have to sign Schobel at years end.. Franchise him and use the pick and mony to sign JJ or Pat.. Meanwhile we have the DE to put pressure on Brady, Beating the Pats over the next few years will guage the success of this team over the next few seasons.

Miami is a Rival but so
is NE and right now the Pats stand betwen us and the Playoffs.

I'd rather go deep into the Playoffs than to have a 10-6 team that sweeps the Phins yet misses the Playoffs once again.

ryjam282
07-27-2004, 12:33 PM
I agree 100%, hell I wouldn't mind it if Henry ran for 250 yards against us (I have him on my fantasy team) :D and we lost, as long as we made the playoffs, that is all that matters...

Michael82
07-27-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
tell Miami to pound salt...I'd rather see them 4-12 then get the compensation for Henry...

I agree! Donahoe should take a lesson from Dick Cheney and tell Miami to...

"Go F$@% Yourself!"

:snicker:

bernielivsey_1
07-27-2004, 12:50 PM
:pow: NEVER trade with Miami. Unless they want Bledsoe or Denney or Simonton or Burns or T. Brown or Sape or A. Brown or Rob Johnson, although i read somewhere he has all the tools to be a top notch NFL QB. :eek:

ryjam282
07-27-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by bernielivsey_1
:pow: Rob Johnson, although i read somewhere he has all the tools to be a top notch NFL QB. :eek:

:lolcry:

The_Philster
07-27-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
that would not surprise me...that's a trade I might consider.

same here..I'd rather give up a wild card than a proven stud.

shotgun
07-27-2004, 06:02 PM
NO WAY IN HELL I WOULD TRADE HENRY TO MIAMI

Dozerdog
07-27-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
same here..I'd rather give up a wild card than a proven stud.

That's just it- We know what Henry is- a solid- but unspectacular back.

If Mcgahee is the next Jamaal Lewis (minus the drugs) - a 2000 yard back- we would look like idiots

Dozerdog
07-27-2004, 06:14 PM
Miami will still need a top-flight back in 2005- if they get James then the Colts would be in the hunt. Plus Tennesee will be looking. Maybe Denver as well

Mr. Cynical
07-27-2004, 07:16 PM

:bf1:

Exactly my thoughts. The key here being TH is gone after next season so may as well capitalize on a golden opportunity.

helmetguy
07-27-2004, 07:33 PM
Ogun's contract negotiations make any kind of deal with Miami even more iffy. He wants huge bucks. Do we make the deal in the HOPE that he accepts our offer? If he did accept the offer, we'd sign him at the expense of...who? We're better off keeping the staus quo. Miami's in turmoil. Let's have a few laughs at their expense!

ryjam282
07-27-2004, 08:54 PM
at the very least a sign and trade. Kinda like we did with Pee Pee.

helmetguy
07-27-2004, 09:10 PM
at the very least a sign and trade. Kinda like we did with Pee Pee.

There's a huge difference between the Price situation and one that could arise with Ogun. For one, Price was ours and due to become an Unrestricted FA. Ogun is a Restricted FA. We tagged Price and gave him a one year deal that wasn't too onerous for Atlanta to absorb. Should Miami trade Ogun to us, we absorb the same headache they've been having with him this off-season-signing him or making him play out the last year of his contract. For the amounts he is asking, there's no way we could sign him, then shop him. Best case scenario with Ogun is to obtain him in a trade, then trade him to a team with a ton of cap room for a bunch of draft picks or a stud that could step in and fill an immediate need. At this point in the off-season, it's hard to imagine those planets lining up.

HenryRules
07-27-2004, 09:33 PM
Henry is a solid back and I like him ... but if he goes to Miami, he will be good this year and never again average 4 ypc.

Miami abuses their RB's in their scheme. An RB cannot repeatedly run 350+ times a season and still be productive. It just doesn't happen.

Henry was used about as much as he could possibly withstand the last two seasons. If he goes to Miami, they get one year out of him and that's it.

A 1st and O-Gun ... gotta do it.

saviorbledsoe
07-27-2004, 09:40 PM
this thread makes me ill........honestly!

DraftBoy
07-27-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
That's just it- We know what Henry is- a solid- but unspectacular back.

If Mcgahee is the next Jamaal Lewis (minus the drugs) - a 2000 yard back- we would look like idiots

One of the best posts as of yet! Some of you are so content to settle for Henry and so scared to lose him even though he's gone at seasons end or at the next I cant remeber when his contract is up. We have one of the most highly touted college back as his backup and he has had 2 knee surgeries I think on oppositte knees, which if Im correct actually makes the knee's stronger not weaker, and yet some of you are unwilling to take a risk and get the next big thing but better yet settle for medicrity...:eek:

Mr. Cynical
07-28-2004, 01:27 AM
That's just it draftboy...there are those who want to take risks and those who don't.

You, me, dozer and some others recognize TH is a good back who is not going to get any better than he is right now. As such we would take the risk of trading him if we got a great trade. The risk obviously is if WM doesn't play to his old level and we're forced to rotate several workhorse backs until we grab one the next year.

But the reward is that if he does play well, we would then have an elite back along with some very good picks/other players from the TH trade, thus further building the team to make a serious run in the future.

saviorbledsoe
07-28-2004, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
That's just it draftboy...there are those who want to take risks and those who don't.

You, me, dozer and some others recognize TH is a good back who is not going to get any better than he is right now. As such we would take the risk of trading him if we got a great trade. The risk obviously is if WM doesn't play to his old level and we're forced to rotate several workhorse backs until we grab one the next year.

But the reward is that if he does play well, we would then have an elite back along with some very good picks/other players from the TH trade, thus further building the team to make a serious run in the future.

How much better do you need Henry to be for Christ sake?????????? He rushed for 1400 and 1300 the last two years and last year he showed the kind of guts and courage that can lead a team to the promiseland. The fumble problem is No more.

As for Mcgahee, sure he could be the next Emmit Smith, but then again he could be the next Ki-Jana Carter. And why in the HELL would you want to help Miami? We leave them be and they are 6-10, we hel them and they are 10-6. Is O-gun and a 1rts round worth that much? I dont think so.

The Spaz
07-28-2004, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
How much better do you need Henry to be for Christ sake?????????? He rushed for 1400 and 1300 the last two years and last year he showed the kind of guts and courage that can lead a team to the promiseland. The fumble problem is No more.

As for Mcgahee, sure he could be the next Emmit Smith, but then again he could be the next Ki-Jana Carter. And why in the HELL would you want to help Miami? We leave them be and they are 6-10, we hel them and they are 10-6. Is O-gun and a 1rts round worth that much? I dont think so.

You know that story about how you don't know how good you have it until it's gone this is the same thing.

saviorbledsoe
07-28-2004, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
You know that story about how you don't know how good you have it until it's gone this is the same thing.

Some of these guys would sell out their own Mothers for 4 more sacks and a 1rst round pick next year.

:(

justasportsfan
07-28-2004, 07:24 AM
Donahoe will not trade for Ogun based on his asking price alone. Henry is ours for the next 2 yrs. for a small amount and Ogun will cost us especially since we have Shoebel , Pat and Jennings to deal w/ next year.

I think TD will weigh his trade options re: our rb's after this year when we certainly know what we've got in McGahee.

Trading for Ogun does not give either Kelsay or Deny the vote of confidence and would be like admitting TD made a mistake drafting them.

Give them Simonton and Burns for Carey :D

tomdonahoe
07-28-2004, 11:00 AM
If I was Donahoe, which I am, my first policy laid down would be to never acknowledge, consider, contemplate, ponder or even slightly entertain the notion of doing a trade with the stinkin Miami Doll-phins. I would have their number on call block so they couldn’t even get through to my office. I wouldn’t even accept any Fedex or UPS packages or even postal mail from them, not even an e-mail would get through my Doll-phin Spam blocker.

You guys got to be kiddy me even discussing such a disgusting, revolting, repulsive, nauseating, hideous proposal.

Bottom line is that you don’t do deals with the dark side…errr….the neon orange and aqua side.

Their RB and Ogun are gignatic probelms with that team and you guys want to solve them for them? Huh?

tomdonahoe
07-28-2004, 11:16 AM
:puke:

Michael82
07-28-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by tomdonahoe
If I was Donahoe, which I am, my first policy laid down would be to never acknowledge, consider, contemplate, ponder or even slightly entertain the notion of doing a trade with the stinkin Miami Doll-phins. I would have their number on call block so they couldn’t even get through to my office. I wouldn’t even accept any Fedex or UPS packages or even postal mail from them, not even an e-mail would get through my Doll-phin Spam blocker.

You guys got to be kiddy me even discussing such a disgusting, revolting, repulsive, nauseating, hideous proposal.

Bottom line is that you don’t do deals with the dark side…errr….the neon orange and aqua side.

Their RB and Ogun are gignatic probelms with that team and you guys want to solve them for them? Huh?

EXACTLY!

Miami:loblo:Tom Donahoe

DraftBoy
07-28-2004, 12:55 PM
To say that you wont trade with a team like Miami just because its Miami is ridiculous because you never know when the opportunity may come to rip them off big time. Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

Mr. Cynical-I agree 100%.

Savior-I've said it atleast 10 times now but ill say it again. I want an elite back not one who is a fringe probowler (which Henry is), I dont care as much about stats as I do for ones ability to break the big play at any given moment and knowing that opposing D's have always gotta keep that in mind. That is what TH is lacking and that is what I want.

Justa-Is it possible that Ogun "may" lower his asking price for a shot at abusing the phins two times a season, much like Milloy did? Just a thought and I have nothing to base it on but just a thought.

socalfan
07-28-2004, 01:04 PM
To say that you wont trade with a team like Miami just because its Miami is ridiculous because you never know when the opportunity may come to rip them off big time. Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

Mr. Cynical-I agree 100%.

Savior-I've said it atleast 10 times now but ill say it again. I want an elite back not one who is a fringe probowler (which Henry is), I dont care as much about stats as I do for ones ability to break the big play at any given moment and knowing that opposing D's have always gotta keep that in mind. That is what TH is lacking and that is what I want.

Justa-Is it possible that Ogun "may" lower his asking price for a shot at abusing the phins two times a season, much like Milloy did? Just a thought and I have nothing to base it on but just a thought.

Millory didn't lower his price. Ogun won't either.

Without an O line, Henry was border line pro bowler twice. With an O line coach and an O line Henry will be a pro bowler.

The Bills should never ever help Miami.

justasportsfan
07-28-2004, 01:07 PM
Justa-Is it possible that Ogun "may" lower his asking price for a shot at abusing the phins two times a season, much like Milloy did? Just a thought and I have nothing to base it on but just a thought. Ogun wants Kearse $$. The only way he signs for less if it's close to it which is still too much escpecially since Shoebel, Jennings and Pat next year and Kelsay who has yet to get his chance. If we get Ogun, Kelsay will be another Coy Wire.

DraftBoy
07-28-2004, 01:11 PM
Milloy took a pay cut when he was cut and signed with Buffalo although I may be wrong as Im a draftologist not a capologist and too lazy to look it up :)

Not true Justa we get Ogun and sign him Kelsay still has a spot next year as Schoebel is gone.

The Spaz
07-28-2004, 02:14 PM
Actually Miami hasn't contacted TD as per TD on WLVL 1340 says if they will it will be a short answer.

justasportsfan
07-28-2004, 02:22 PM
The fins will hurt with the loss of RW. Now they don't have any clearcutt weapons on O. If Ogun sits out, they will hurt even more.

The way to the playoffs is by winning your division first . You do not want to help your rival division by trading your best player and going w/ a rookie (basically) who's had a major injury and has yet to even get hit at camp.

Like I said, consider Ogun's asking price as well.