PDA

View Full Version : Fins after Najeh....

ryjam282
07-27-2004, 12:28 PM
The Dolphins inquired with Green Bay about the availability of backup RB Najeh Davenport.
The former University of Miami star has looked stellar as a reserve in Green Bay. A source told the Miami Herald that Green Bay is willing to deal, but wants, "A conditional first- or second-round pick that would increase to multiple first-rounders or a first- and second-rounder if Davenport were to attain performance plateaus." The Dolphins will try to avoid trading DE Adewale Ogunleye for now. Jul. 27 - 10:44 am et
Source: Miami Herald

If they can get that for Davenport, we should be able to get 4 1st rounders for Henry.

But seriously, if Davenport can stop taking poops in other peoples laundry baskets then I think he is a pretty good back. Definitely in the same mold as a Ricky, a big powerful back, a little less speed though.

Michael82
07-27-2004, 12:40 PM
:rofl:

Everyone is going to :loblo: the Dolphins now. That's what happens when you get desperate and everyone knows. :snicker:

Ebenezer
07-27-2004, 12:42 PM
a 1st rounder for Davenport????????? that happens and the remaining Fin fans will jump off a cliff...

Michael82
07-27-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
a 1st rounder for Davenport????????? that happens and the remaining Fin fans will jump off a cliff...

I totally agree! Poor Dolfelons are getting kicked in the nuts and they have to agree to something, because they are DESPERATE! :snicker:

ryjam282
07-27-2004, 12:52 PM
They must really hate Travis Minor....He now knows what Nomar Garciappara felt like during the whole offseason. :D

Dozerdog
07-27-2004, 12:54 PM
This is the guy who was caught taking a dump in some girl's laundry basket- AFTER he was drafted!

No wonder Miami wants him so bad- they can spot talent a mile a way

Ebenezer
07-27-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
This is the guy who was caught taking a dump in some girl's laundry basket- AFTER he was drafted!

hey, can he be all bad if he can crap on demand like that???

The Spaz

OMFG are you serious!!!!!!!:puke:

Michael82
hey, can he be all bad if he can crap on demand like that???

Dozerdog
07-27-2004, 12:58 PM
Green Bay Packers fullback Najeh Davenport arrested for defecating in woman’s closet
Davenport was arrested for on a warrant issued in April and was charged with second-degree burglary and criminal mischief.
Mary McCarthy was awoken on April 1st, by a strange sound and saw Davenport squatting in her dorm room closet. Mr. Davenport then allegedly defecated into her laundry basket. She later identified him from a University of Miami yearbook photo.
Mr. Davenport and his legal council are confident that the charges will be dropped. His attorney stated, "This whole thing is a misunderstanding. Najeh had nothing to do with the situation."

http://www.shortnews.com/shownews.cfm?id=23346

The Spaz
07-27-2004, 01:00 PM
Green Bay Packers fullback Najeh Davenport arrested for defecating in woman’s closet
Davenport was arrested for on a warrant issued in April and was charged with second-degree burglary and criminal mischief.
Mary McCarthy was awoken on April 1st, by a strange sound and saw Davenport squatting in her dorm room closet. Mr. Davenport then allegedly defecated into her laundry basket. She later identified him from a University of Miami yearbook photo.
Mr. Davenport and his legal council are confident that the charges will be dropped. His attorney stated, "This whole thing is a misunderstanding. Najeh had nothing to do with the situation."

http://www.shortnews.com/shownews.cfm?id=23346

Jesus Christ!!:eek::whatthe:

I'M A BELIEVER
07-27-2004, 01:01 PM
Packers fullback Davenport charged with burglary and defecation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Green Bay Packers fullback Najeh Davenport was arrested, accused of breaking into a university dormitory and defecating in a woman's closet.

Davenport, 23, surrendered to police on Monday and was charged with a second-degree felony count of burglary and a misdemeanor count of criminal mischief, said Richard Master, a Miami Shores police spokesman.

The former University of Miami player was wanted on a warrant issued in April. He was released from a Miami-Dade County jail after posting a $6,500 bond. If convicted, he could be sentenced to up to 15 years in prison.

"This whole thing is a misunderstanding. Najeh had nothing to do with the situation," said Richard Sharpstein, Davenport's attorney.

According to police, Davenport crept into a dorm room at Barry University around 6 a.m. on April 1. A woman sleeping in the room, Mary McCarthy, told police she was startled by a strange sound and saw Davenport squatting in her closet. Davenport then allegedly defecated in a laundry basket, McCarthy told detectives.

McCarthy told police she didn't know Davenport. Campus security identified the football player from a picture in the University of Miami yearbook.

Sharpstein said he was confident authorities would drop the charges against his client.

The 1.88-meter(6-foot-2), 112.5-kilogram (248-pound) Davenport was selected by the Packers in the fourth round of the NFL draft.

Miami - The Associated Press

I'M A BELIEVER
07-27-2004, 01:02 PM
sorry didn't realize dozer already posted...

Ebenezer
07-27-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Jesus Christ!!:eek::whatthe:

didn't anybody remember this?? it was all over the place...

Dozerdog
No problemo!

Earthquake Enyart
It was just an April Fool's day prank. Geez.

The Spaz
07-27-2004, 01:05 PM

Must have missed it...probably was taking a dump.:snicker:

Dozerdog
07-27-2004, 01:05 PM
http://www.deeplake.com/southpark/mrhanky.gif

His lawyers and Mr Davenport blamed a "Mr Hanky" for all the problems- but the other kids and the parents did not beleive his story-

except Chef

The Spaz
07-27-2004, 01:07 PM
http://www.deeplake.com/southpark/mrhanky.gif

His lawyers and Mr Davenport blamed a "Mr Hanky" for all the problems- but the other kids and the parents did not beleive his story-

except Chef

Michael82
07-27-2004, 01:08 PM
This guy sounds PERFECT for the Dolphins, especially if they give up at least 1 first rounder. :snicker: :rofl:

Ebenezer
07-27-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82
This guy sounds PERFECT for the Dolphins, especially if they give up at least 1 first rounder. :snicker: :rofl:

let them give up a 1st rounder for him...I hope they get him...can you imagine the inflated value of Henry after they do that...

AndreReed83
07-27-2004, 01:15 PM
I like how his lawyers said, "I was just a misunderstanding. He had nothing to do with the situation."

Wow, so he had nothing to do with his pooping in a girl's laundry basket???

ryjam282
07-27-2004, 01:17 PM

I posted it in my original post. Read it again....It was one of the best things I had heard in my life when it came out.

ScottLawrence
07-27-2004, 01:47 PM
Yes!

If he signs, I get 1,000 zone chips.:)

Mr. Miyagi
07-27-2004, 01:51 PM
This is old news. Being in Wisconsin I'm forced fed all Packers news. :cynic:

Mr. Miyagi
07-27-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by ScottLawrence
Yes!

If he signs, I get 1,000 zone chips.:)
Congrats! But what are zone chips? :scratch:

ScottLawrence
07-27-2004, 01:54 PM
Something chips... or wait, maybe its bucks.

ShadowHawk7
07-27-2004, 02:03 PM

In that case, I sure hope they do give up a 1st rounder.

Michael82
07-27-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
In that case, I sure hope they do give up a 1st rounder.

Me too! :D

Mr. Miyagi
07-27-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by ScottLawrence
Something chips... or wait, maybe its bucks.
:snicker:

Kramer
07-27-2004, 02:48 PM
That would be just like the dolfelons. Signing the Mad Crapper.

Throne Logic
07-27-2004, 02:58 PM

In this case, I believe you meant "smell talent a thousand miles away".

This is pretty sad.

You know, it would fairly easy for The Edge to get to Miami. He's just got to smoke some weed while crapping in some girl's laundry after sexually assaulting her. First Class ticket to Miami.

BuffaloRanger
07-27-2004, 11:13 PM
It's two years old. Does anyone know how the case ended? Were charges dropped? Did he get community service?

Maybe he was drunk and thought he was in a crapper.