PDA

View Full Version : I am so sick of this Pats crap!

saviorbledsoe
07-27-2004, 02:15 PM
I keep hearing from everyone on this board that the Pats are going to take the division hands down....like its a given thing.

Are you people forgetting that we beat them 31 - 0 last year? Or the fact that there hasnt been a team in the past 4 or 5 years that went to the playoffs the following year after winning the Superbowl let alone win their division?

Its an open division Bills fans. Have a little faith. Show some balls!

GO BILLS!

ShadowHawk7
07-27-2004, 02:16 PM
yay

ryjam282
07-27-2004, 02:19 PM
:up:

Mr. Miyagi
07-27-2004, 02:20 PM
I always thought that the Pats are overrated.

Especially now they'll be calling pass interference more aggressively, the Pats D won't be able to pull the crap they did in the Indy playoff game last year.

They're going down. :down:

saviorbledsoe
07-27-2004, 02:21 PM
There ya go people! I should have named this thread "Bills Nation Unite!!!" lol

Michael82
07-27-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

Especially now they'll be calling pass interference more aggressively, the Pats D won't be able to pull the crap they did in the Indy playoff game last year.

I totally agree. If they crack down like they say they are going to...The Pats Defense will not be anything close to as dominant, as it was. All they do is hold or rough the hell out of the WRs. :shakeno:

saviorbledsoe
07-27-2004, 02:24 PM
:2guns:

juice
07-27-2004, 02:27 PM
I thought we lost 31-0 more recently and they picked up a 1000 yd back in the off-season, not to mention having one of the best drafts in the League.

I'd say they are not only the East favorite but also the favorite to win the SB AGAIN.

We need to make moves to stay on pace with NE, not base personell on holding down a helpless MIA team.

We should use the Phins desperation to improve and compete with the Pats.

The Spaz
07-27-2004, 02:28 PM
Read my sig.:up:

Michael82
07-27-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Read my sig.:up:

That's sweet! :up:

Get's me soo excited! I can't wait to see Spikes. :drool: :clap:

juice
07-27-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

How can a SB Champion be overrated.. judging by the draft they seem to be reloading.

saviorbledsoe
07-27-2004, 02:30 PM
"I look at the division as four teams, and I don't look at anybody else. I don't worry about that they're doing. I can definitely see how the perception of the division may be seen as the New England Patriots and everybody else, but that's not me. That's not the way I look at it. They put their pants on the same way I do. Every team has breaks during the year and New England capitalized on theirs to be a successful team in 2003. But the way I look at it is all men are created equal, some just work harder in the preseason".- Takeo Spikes

AND THATS WHY HE WILL BE A WINNER!

Dozerdog
07-27-2004, 02:30 PM
2 Super Bowls in 3 years- and a 15 game consecutive win streak. I have an Idea- let's beat them first- then we can crow.

Michael82
07-27-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by juice
How can a SB Champion be overated.. judging by the draft they seem to be reloadind.

then you obviously are under the same damn spell as the entire media. They are actually one of the most OVERRATED Super Bowl teams in a while and it really makes me sick. I HATE the Patriots! :puke:

juice
07-27-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82
then you obviously are under the same damn spell as the entire media. They are actually one of the most OVERRATED Super Bowl teams in a while and it really makes me sick. I HATE the Patriots! :puke:

Do you think we had a better Draft, or made more offseason moves to improve the team?

saviorbledsoe
07-27-2004, 02:35 PM
like the draft makes the team in year 1

lordofgun
07-27-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
2 Super Bowls in 3 years- and a 15 game consecutive win streak. I have an Idea- let's beat them first- then we can crow.

yep.

Michael82
07-27-2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by juice
Do you think we had a better Draft, or made more offseason moves to improve the team?

I think Corey Dillon is overrated and I hope he tears the team apart with his attitude. I liked Vince Wilfork and wish we grabbed him, also Ben Watson was a pick that made no sense to me, because they already had a bunch of other TEs. PK Sam is an interesting pickup and he should be a steal in the 5th round.

Now, the main reason that I think the team is overrated is because the media and everyone else seems to fall all over themselves when they discuss the Patriots. Tom Brady is very overrated and I can't stand him. Are they good? Yes. But they will NOT even reach the Super Bowl this year. That's my guarantee. I'd also be willing to put ZBs on the fact that they won't make it to the AFC Championship. 5000 to be exact. Whoever takes the bet first, gets it.

ShadowHawk7
07-27-2004, 02:41 PM
The patriots are a prime example that great coaches make great teams. You can have great talent in your players, but you will greatly underachieve w/o a good coach. (ala GW and KG)
On paper, we have almost, if not more, talent than the Pats. With good coaching by MM and co. we should be able to beat them.

juice
07-27-2004, 02:42 PM
We had better hope rookies can make a difference in year 1.. Evans being a playmaker in the "O" will be a major factor in competing in the East or just crossing our fingers for a Wildcard.

Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
like the draft makes the team in year 1

The return of their entire staff will steady their team for another run at winning the AFC.

saviorbledsoe
07-27-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

i never said that we should crow but we, as fans, shouldnt bend over and say the division is hands down theirs! Its a new season and Anything can happen.

Michael82
07-27-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
The patriots are a prime example that great coaches make great teams. You can have great talent in your players, but you will greatly underachieve w/o a good coach. (ala GW and KG)
On paper, we have almost, if not more, talent than the Pats. With good coaching by MM and co. we should be able to beat them.

I agree! Good post! If this staff is as good as we all think and pray...we should be looking at good things for the Bills this year. :up:

Michael82
07-27-2004, 02:45 PM
i never said that we should crow but we, as fans, shouldnt bend over and say the division is hands down theirs! Its a new season and Anything can happen.

EXACTLY! Even the Jets could take the division or maybe the Dolphins....well, maybe not. But you never know.

saviorbledsoe
07-27-2004, 02:46 PM

exactamundo! our best offseason move was trading in GW and KG for MM and TC and SW!

Throne Logic
07-27-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82
I think Corey Dillon is overrated and I hope he tears the team apart with his attitude. I liked Vince Wilfork and wish we grabbed him, also Ben Watson was a pick that made no sense to me, because they already had a bunch of other TEs. PK Sam is an interesting pickup and he should be a steal in the 5th round.

Now, the main reason that I think the team is overrated is because the media and everyone else seems to fall all over themselves when they discuss the Patriots. Tom Brady is very overrated and I can't stand him. Are they good? Yes. But they will NOT even reach the Super Bowl this year. That's my guarantee. I'd also be willing to put ZBs on the fact that they won't make it to the AFC Championship. 5000 to be exact. Whoever takes the bet first, gets it.

I'm not trying to burst your bubble to loudly here Mikey, but I have a question.

Just how many SUPERBOWL WINS does BB and Co. need to have before you recognize them as an OK team?

I was in agreement that the first team overachieved. They had an awful lot of breaks that year. But last year's team just kind of set a course in week two and steadily plowed their way into and through the Superbowl.

No frills winning doesn't make them any less good. If anything, it makes them better. There's no one player that opposing DC's can focus on shutting down. Plus, if people keep underestimating them in every game they play, it'll be that much easier for BB to come up with a scheme to win.

Their only loss this year was Big Fat Ted. Only time will tell how his replacement does and how well BB and Co. coach around that loss. In the gain department, well, this post is already way too long.

ShadowHawk7
07-27-2004, 03:22 PM
Is Tom Brady overrated? Yes
Is Tom Brady a Pro Bowl Qb? No
Is Tom Brady a player who makes others around him better, b/c of his consistent play? Yes
Is TB a SB MVP w/o BB? (wow, that's a lotta abreveations)
Not a chance.

dolfan25
07-27-2004, 06:24 PM
Love how the Bills will turn their season around because of the new HC, new OL coach and new QB coach/O. coordinator. The Pats keep together the best staff in the NFL, not even losing Crenell or Wise yet they're supposed to fall to the Bills.

Hello bledsoesavior come back to reality. Right now the Pats are the best run team in the entire league and they have the best coaching staff. They're coming off a SB and have made significant upgrades to their offense and adding a young stud like Wilfork to replace TW is a lateral move or a slight regression but nothing major.

You better hope Mularkey is the next Bill Walsh/Joe Gibbs/Vince Lombardi if the Bills are going to knock the Pats off their division perch.

saviorbledsoe
07-27-2004, 06:40 PM
Hello Fandoll25! I know you are still crying because Bob Marley retired but this "Pats are unbeatable" crap sounds a lot like .....oh No one can beat Tampa Bay crap from last year doesnt it?

Dozerdog
07-27-2004, 06:49 PM
Is Tom Brady a player who makes others around him better, b/c of his consistent play? Yes
Not a chance.

Now you're just tallking crazy- Brady has done it all. You can take any number of parts out of an engine and the engine won't run. But until Brady leaves the Pats- it's stupid to argue "What ifs" or "He's not as talented as Vick" - except who's had the best 3 years? Brady's got the Bling Bling

saviorbledsoe
07-27-2004, 06:56 PM
Listen....I am not taking any thing from anyone. But to say we have no chance of winning the East is rediculous! A bounce of a ball here, a missed kick there and any one can win.....even those sorry ass Dolphins :)

bledslow
07-27-2004, 07:43 PM
tom been to a probowl before and should have also gone in 02. especially considering what he had to work with in terms of offensive talent compared to what drew got to work with,it was night and day.in most qb categories toms numbers were better or nearly equal except for passing yards(and i wont even mention how many garbage time yards drew racked up that year),and again drew had awesome talent to work with in 02 compared to tom,and brad was still better. if drew was the qb for the pats in 02, im guessing 17 td-14 pics- 58% pass completition percentage,5-6 wins

tom was 3rd in mvp voting this year.

how can you be overrated if you make everyone around you better because of your consistent play???? OMG thats the most bizarre thing i ever read.

dillon overrated?? this guys has had a wonderful career running consistently against 8 men in a box,CONSISTENTLY. and is not a fumbling monster like henry.

curious,is spikes still glad he came to to buf? seems weird that after he left, the bengals get good.hhhmmm

then you got buf fans who think the offense is gonna be great because they got a receiver who has never caught a nfl pass in his life on there team now. even though he is nothing more then potential. ohh WAIT i forgot,he's nfl ready.LMAO,ya i never heard that before to describe a rookie,and then he turns into joe schmoe and is out of the league or watching from thew sidelines before you know it. kids

then ppl say the new coaching is gonna bring them over the top past the pats. wasnt this mularky(sp) guy the offensive coordinator for pitt, i remember bb and the pats shutting that offense of his down quite easily,TWICE.

ohh and bb does not create or call the offensive plays,its weis. u see bb overall head coaching record before tom brady took over the qb position? SCARY. but sticking with tom was the best decision he ever made.

could be wrong but didnt the ravens and rams go to the playoffs the next year after they won it all?? i believe the rams lost to new orleans,and bal lost to pitt. do a lil research

the only reason the pats did not make it was because of an incredible amount of injuries in 02,yet they still finished a tie fort first. and would have EASILY taken the division if they were not the most injured team in the afce that year.

there are a lot of teams that have huge turn arounds from one year to the next
but i cant see buf competing because IMO drew bledsoe(while being a super guy off the field) has a pea-brain when it comes to his football iq.

i hope i set some homers straight and make them see the obvious light and not be disappointed after this years 8 wins -who knows,maybe 9-10 wins if brady goes down. but i see some way over the top predictions like 11,12,13 wins. especially on the offical bills site message boards.

:abe:

saviorbledsoe
07-27-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by bledslow
tom been to a probowl before and should have also gone in 02. especially considering what he had to work with in terms of offensive talent compared to what drew got to work with,it was night and day.in most qb categories toms numbers were better or nearly equal except for passing yards(and i wont even mention how many garbage time yards drew racked up that year),and again drew had awesome talent to work with in 02 compared to tom,and brad was still better. if drew was the qb for the pats in 02, im guessing 17 td-14 pics- 58% pass completition percentage,5-6 wins

tom was 3rd in mvp voting this year.

how can you be overrated if you make everyone around you better because of your consistent play???? OMG thats the most bizarre thing i ever read.

dillon overrated?? this guys has had a wonderful career running consistently against 8 men in a box,CONSISTENTLY. and is not a fumbling monster like henry.

curious,is spikes still glad he came to to buf? seems weird that after he left, the bengals get good.hhhmmm

then you got buf fans who think the offense is gonna be great because they got a receiver who has never caught a nfl pass in his life on there team now. even though he is nothing more then potential. ohh WAIT i forgot,he's nfl ready.LMAO,ya i never heard that before to describe a rookie,and then he turns into joe schmoe and is out of the league or watching from thew sidelines before you know it. kids

then ppl say the new coaching is gonna bring them over the top past the pats. wasnt this mularky(sp) guy the offensive coordinator for pitt, i remember bb and the pats shutting that offense of his down quite easily,TWICE.

ohh and bb does not create or call the offensive plays,its weis. u see bb overall head coaching record before tom brady took over the qb position? SCARY. but sticking with tom was the best decision he ever made.

could be wrong but didnt the ravens and rams go to the playoffs the next year after they won it all?? i believe the rams lost to new orleans,and bal lost to pitt. do a lil research

the only reason the pats did not make it was because of an incredible amount of injuries in 02,yet they still finished a tie fort first. and would have EASILY taken the division if they were not the most injured team in the afce that year.

there are a lot of teams that have huge turn arounds from one year to the next
but i cant see buf competing because IMO drew bledsoe(while being a super guy off the field) has a pea-brain when it comes to his football iq.

i hope i set some homers straight and make them see the obvious light and not be disappointed after this years 8 wins -who knows,maybe 9-10 wins if brady goes down. but i see some way over the top predictions like 11,12,13 wins. especially on the offical bills site message boards.

:abe:

Weiler?

colin
07-27-2004, 11:04 PM
ne is a great team for an nfl season, but they don't have the overpowering play of tb last year, st louis who they beat in the sb, and frankly they have been on the right side of just way too many calls. they are a dangerous team and obviously a very very good one, but they don't have the super explosive O or the bone crushing d of many other superbowl teams, they do have a ton of ways to beat you though, but all it takes is a good pass here or there, and some turnovers on d and you have the pats, easier said than done of course.

they remind me of a better version of the mid 90s kc teams, great d, GREAT special teams, some ability but not greatness on O.

so, they are the best till someone knocks em off, but i don't think they have to fall as far as TB did last year to not be the best anymore

HenryRules
07-28-2004, 07:26 AM
There was a comment about the draft not helping a team in year 1. How someone can say that and talk about the Pats Super Bowl team last year in the same thread is beyond me.

Ty Warren.
Eugene Wilson.
Dan Koppen.

2 starters and one sometime starter. Nope, no help at all.

Ebenezer
07-28-2004, 07:34 AM
Not a chance.

If he throws for 30,000 career yards is Tom Brady going to the HOF? Yes.

Bulldog
07-28-2004, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by bledslow

Just curious, but can't the same be said for Dillon? Dillon gets replaced by Rudi freaken Johnson, and as you would say, the Bengals get good. HHHMMM

And as I recall from last season, the Bills and Pats split the head to head meetings. The Pats are a good team, but not nearly as good as those in NE like to think!

Ebenezer
07-28-2004, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog
Just curious, but can't the same be said for Dillon? Dillon gets replaced by Rudi freaken Johnson, and as you would say, the Bengals get good. HHHMMM

And as I recall from last season, the Bills and Pats split the head to head meetings. The Pats are a good team, but not nearly as good as those in NE like to think!

the Bengals are all about the coach...and that schedule...they're not there yet.

mybills
07-28-2004, 07:52 AM
Listen....I am not taking any thing from anyone. But to say we have no chance of winning the East is rediculous! A bounce of a ball here, a missed kick there and any one can win.

Wow sav, I actually agree with you. :eek: :faint: