PDA

View Full Version : I insist...

Mr. Miyagi
07-28-2004, 08:39 AM
...that Jason Gildon will be the last veteran, aka old guy, that we sign in the next couple of years. No more veteran free agents brought in just on their big names and ability from 3 years ago. We have enough veteran leadership. It's time to give the young guys a chance.

We're trying to go younger, not older. Look at the Pats. Gotta moel after a successful franchise however much we freaking hate them.

Ebenezer
07-28-2004, 08:42 AM
all depends...if you are that close and can sign the one guy that puts you over the top (whether on the field or in the locker room), why not? would you not sign Darryl Talley (or a DT type) if he had one more year in him and could lift the locker room?

Earthquake Enyart
07-28-2004, 08:44 AM
We'll need to go get Schobel / Jennings replacements and we don't have a #1 next year.

Billsouth
07-28-2004, 08:46 AM
good point. i just hope he is better than eddie robinson was.

mr i got juked out of my pants by chad pennington on national tv

clumping platelets
07-28-2004, 08:47 AM
If he doesn't work out, it costs us only $100,000 dead cap.

justasportsfan
07-28-2004, 08:50 AM
we only signed him for 1 yr.

Mr. Miyagi
07-28-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
We'll need to go get Schobel / Jennings replacements and we don't have a #1 next year.
We'll have a #1 after we trade Henry away.

And Schobel will sign back with us.

Jennings can be replaced. We got plenty of depth there and that's also why we signed Andersen.

HenryRules
07-28-2004, 06:25 PM
Pats brought in Dillon this year and Washington last year.

Dozerdog
07-28-2004, 06:30 PM
Never say never.

Take each individual player on merit- look at their price- your cap space- and make decisions.

To throw out a "no old guy" policy "just because" would be stupid.

kardshark19
07-28-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
We'll have a #1 after we trade Henry away.

And Schobel will sign back with us.

Jennings can be replaced. We got plenty of depth there and that's also why we signed Andersen.

Which Andersen? The DT? Or are you including Fat Pat in the mix of FAs after this year?

Mr. Miyagi
07-28-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by kardshark19
Which Andersen? The DT? Or are you including Fat Pat in the mix of FAs after this year?
Oops. I was thinking about Tim Andersen, but he's a DT you're right. :ontome: