PDA

View Full Version : The Edge to Miami?

ryjam282
07-28-2004, 01:39 PM
-- Dolphins to Make Offer for James? --
Wed Jul 28, 2004 --from FFMastermind.com

ESPN reports the Miami Dolphins are looking into the possibility of trading for Indianapolis RB Edgerrin James even though Colts GM Bill Polian said Indy is keeping James.

No way this happens....Indy is close, they don't need to disrupt that nucleus yet. He will gone at years end though so you never know, they could try and get something for him.

Mr. Miyagi
07-28-2004, 01:47 PM
Bill Polian and Dungy said NO WAY this happens. End of rumor.

ryjam282
07-28-2004, 01:52 PM
i sure hope not.

Mr. Miyagi
07-28-2004, 02:01 PM
"But it doesn't make any sense. We're trying to win. The last I checked we're not trying to make everybody in south Florida happy (by) sending them their favorite son." - Tony Dungy

http://www.indystar.com/articles/4/165859-5844-036.html

:rofl:

Philagape
07-28-2004, 02:47 PM
Not a chance.

saviorbledsoe
07-28-2004, 02:58 PM
ESPN NEWS Headline was "Edgerrin Staying Put"

Billsouth
07-28-2004, 03:04 PM
who r the dolphins going to trade? ogunliye? he is going to be a free agent. why would the colts trade a primary cog in their offensive wheel for someone who is in the last year of his contract and really is not a superstar to begin with?

it makes no sense

Mr. Miyagi
07-28-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Billsouth
who r the dolphins going to trade? ogunliye? he is going to be a free agent. why would the colts trade a primary cog in their offensive wheel for someone who is in the last year of his contract and really is not a superstar to begin with?

it makes no sense
They wouldn't. That's the point.

Samphin1
07-28-2004, 04:52 PM
I don't see Miami trading for Edge. Everyone pretty much agrees he will be cut next year to take room for Manning's huge inflated contract. I expect a bad season this seaosn and a huge push to sign him outright next year if/when cut by Indy. James wants to be in Miami and if he is cut, I imagine he is on the first plane to Miami to talk contract.

I would rather just wait and not give up anything.

THATHURMANATOR
07-28-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Billsouth

it makes no sense

Well according to many here OGUN is a superstar!