PDA

View Full Version : HOT! Ricky had failed 3rd drug test....

Canadian'eh!
07-29-2004, 10:31 AM
yup.. automatic suspension.

weed makes you forget things ricky... like drinking your. masking agents.

Report: Williams faced suspension for third failed test for pot (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7535147)

LOL

Earthquake Enyart
07-29-2004, 10:34 AM
:rofl: @ the source.

While you guys were busy interviewing the helmet guy, Brian scooped you guys again. :rofl:

clumping platelets
07-29-2004, 10:37 AM
:snicker:

I was gonna carry da ball, but then I got high!

tomdonahoe
07-29-2004, 10:39 AM
My Ricky theory thread proved to be true! Next prediction: The Sun will rise from the east tomorrow.

Tatonka
07-29-2004, 10:40 AM
Retired Dolphins' running back Ricky Williams reportedly failed a third drug test just prior to his retirement and would have had to serve a four-game suspension had he not left the NFL. The Miami Herald reports that Williams learned of the third failed test just days before he made the decision to quit football, and also admitted that his desire to keep smoking pot whenever he wanted was one of the reasons he quit. "I didn't quit football because I failed a drug test," he told the Herald. "I failed a drug test because I was ready to quit football." The article went on to say Williams smoked marijuana throughout his tenure with the Dolphins, passing random drug tests by drinking a masking agent called Extra Clean and a lot of water. Williams suffers from social-anxiety disorder and had been on the anti-depressant Paxil, but he switched to smoking weed when Paxil didn't agree with his diet. "Marijuana is 10 times better for me than Paxil," Williams said.

tomdonahoe
07-29-2004, 10:42 AM
"Marijuana is 10 times better for me than fruits and vegetables." - Cheech

Patrick76777
07-29-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

While you guys were busy interviewing the helmet guy, Brian scooped you guys again. :rofl:

LMAO!

Dozerdog
07-29-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
:snicker:

I was gonna carry da ball, but then I got high!

Hey Clump-

They even stole your avatar I made ya!
http://www.billsaddiction.com/index.php?showtopic=1288&view=findpost&p=12159

Dozerdog
07-29-2004, 10:49 AM
:lolpoint: :clump:

LtBillsFan66
07-29-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Hey Clump-

They even stole your avatar I made ya!

http://www.billsaddiction.com/index.php?showtopic=1288

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canadian'eh!
07-29-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

WHOA!

This site is in NO WAY affiliated with BrianH....... he doesn't even visit and is not a registered memeber. same goes for good ole daquixlet.

Owned and run by 2 dumbass canucks....... I'll save my personal opions but I had to make that ABUNDANTLY CLEAR.

I am have no inside information whatsoever unless you count espn insider.....
and god dammit I'm wrong ALL THE TIME.

Canadian'eh!
07-29-2004, 11:21 AM
Dozer,

I don't want to step on any toes, so i delete that mods avatar... I'll tell him not to use it anymore. I had no idea it was someone's work and not just a random picture he found.

I apologize for that.

Ebenezer
07-29-2004, 11:26 AM
It's in this morning's Miami Herald if that counts...

wonder why he decided to "retire"

clumping platelets
07-29-2004, 11:32 AM
Well, it's gone now :phew:

Voltron
07-29-2004, 11:33 AM
How dumb is he? I have seen Masking agents that cost about $150 but they work in less than 3 days (as long as you don't smoke in those 3 days) How long do the players get before they have to report for the test?

Ebenezer
07-29-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Voltron
How dumb is he? I have seen Masking agents that cost about $150 but they work in less than 3 days (as long as you don't smoke in those 3 days) How long do the players get before they have to report for the test?

Are the leagues smart enough to test for the masking agent? Are there tests for the masking agent? Was any of this announced ahead of time?? And maybe, just maybe he is addicted and can't put it down.

Canadian'eh!
07-29-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
Well, it's gone now :phew:

again, sorry. it won't happen again... i replaced it wiht his punishment.

clumping platelets
07-29-2004, 11:38 AM
:up:

Canadian'eh!
07-29-2004, 11:40 AM
We're all missing the point here....

1- How much does this masking agent cost and
2- where can i buy it?

Mr. Miyagi
07-29-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Canadian'eh!

2- where can i buy it?
It costs about $7.00 in any CVS/Walgreen's/Walmart:

http://a1468.g.akamai.net/f/1468/580/1d/pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/15081/300.jpg

justasportsfan
07-29-2004, 11:59 AM

2- where can i buy it? $30-$40 at GNC stores. Works too. Had to drink 2 gallons of it the night before the exam . It's a tea . I'm talking about my friend :couch:

justasportsfan
07-29-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
It costs about $7.00 in any CVS/Walgreen's/Walmart:

http://a1468.g.akamai.net/f/1468/580/1d/pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/15081/300.jpg :lol:

Ebenezer
07-29-2004, 12:02 PM
((((yells from the forest))))

DID ANYBODY GET THE POINT ABOUT RICKY BEING SUSPENDED!!!

justasportsfan
07-29-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
((((yells from the forest))))

DID ANYBODY GET THE POINT ABOUT RICKY BEING SUSPENDED!!! Didn't he retire? :idunno:

Ebenezer
07-29-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Didn't he retire? :idunno:

Unless he signed his papers, then no, he has not retired. He can always come back. Thus, if he blew a 3rd drug test he can't just jet back to the 'Fins and play in their next game.

justasportsfan
07-29-2004, 12:16 PM
Unless he signed his papers, then no, he has not retired. . He was gonna, until he got high.

saviorbledsoe
07-29-2004, 12:18 PM
he cant even quit right..........lol

Mr. Cynical
07-29-2004, 01:11 PM
You guys really think he quit because he was going to get suspended for 4 games? I dunno....it may have been the straw that broke the camel's back, but I think he was already ready to leave.

Just not sure if he would have been able to find the door, 'cause he got high. ;)

Goobylal
07-29-2004, 02:07 PM
Ricky admitted to using a masking agent to cover up his pot usage. That means that instead of failing just 3 tests, he's actually failed hundreds, since he was tested 8-10 times a month since getting caught in early 2002. Since it takes 4 failed drug tests for a lifetime ban, he has NO chance of playing in the NFL again, after that admission of cheating the drug test. The fine and 4-game suspension is nothing compared to what he WOULD face if he played again, but probably hastened his departure from the Dolphins. I only wonder if his plan was to go through training camp, pre-season, and part of the season and then feign an injury, be placed on IR, and then retire later? Hmmmm.

Ebenezer
07-29-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Goobylal
Ricky admitted to using a masking agent to cover up his pot usage. That means that instead of failing just 3 tests, he's actually failed hundreds, since he was tested 8-10 times a month since getting caught in early 2002. Since it takes 4 failed drug tests for a lifetime ban, he has NO chance of playing in the NFL again, after that admission of cheating the drug test. The fine and 4-game suspension is nothing compared to what he WOULD face if he played again, but probably hastened his departure from the Dolphins. I only wonder if his plan was to go through training camp, pre-season, and part of the season and then feign an injury, be placed on IR, and then retire later? Hmmmm.

post of the day :up:

Goobylal
07-29-2004, 02:16 PM
Thanks.

Dozerdog
07-29-2004, 06:01 PM
Dozer,

I don't want to step on any toes, so i delete that mods avatar... I'll tell him not to use it anymore. I had no idea it was someone's work and not just a random picture he found.

I apologize for that.

Oh COME ON! STOP WALKING ON EGGSHELLS!

I thought it was hysterical- thus the :lolpoint::clump:

However- he could be mistaken for our own clumpy- Clump does get around like a bad case of the crabs- so I can see the need to protect your guy's reputation...:snicker:

It's all good. :up:

Voltron
07-29-2004, 07:50 PM
Are the leagues smart enough to test for the masking agent? Are there tests for the masking agent? Was any of this announced ahead of time?? And maybe, just maybe he is addicted and can't put it down.

Marijuana is the most widely used illicit drug in the United States (cocaine is second), although usage is not as high as it was in the late 1970s. The National Institute on Drug Abuse reports that nearly 62 million Americans over the age of 12-- about one in three-- have tried marijuana at least once. Pot is a crude preparation of various parts of the Indian hemp plant. THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) is the main active ingredient in marijuana.

Regular users of marijuana can develop a marked tolerance to the drug, but physical dependence characterized by significant withdrawal symptoms has not been well established in either human or animal studies. Marijuana remains a complex and poorly understood drug-- further research is needed to determine its precise physiological and psychological effects.

Ebenezer
07-29-2004, 08:45 PM
Marijuana is the most widely used illicit drug in the United States (cocaine is second), although usage is not as high as it was in the late 1970s. The National Institute on Drug Abuse reports that nearly 62 million Americans over the age of 12-- about one in three-- have tried marijuana at least once. Pot is a crude preparation of various parts of the Indian hemp plant. THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) is the main active ingredient in marijuana.

Regular users of marijuana can develop a marked tolerance to the drug, but physical dependence characterized by significant withdrawal symptoms has not been well established in either human or animal studies. Marijuana remains a complex and poorly understood drug-- further research is needed to determine its precise physiological and psychological effects.

thanks...now what about the other parts about testing for the masking agent??

Canadian'eh!
07-29-2004, 11:08 PM

Do they need volunteers for this so called testing? because I just happen to be available.

The Spaz
07-29-2004, 11:09 PM
Espn just had a quote from Ricky Williams saying marijuana was 10x better for him than Paxil!:rofl::lol:

BuffaloRanger
07-30-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Goobylal

Where do you get the 8-10 times a month testing for guys that got caught? That's every 3 days! Seems like overkill. It takes time to securely send samples out to a lab, test them, than process results. If this was the case, at any one time a player would have 4 samples being processed.

BuffaloRanger
07-30-2004, 12:12 AM
Here's a link:

Masking Agent Info (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1847599)

To answer an earlier question...

"NFL players with no drug violations are tested once a year, between April 20 and Aug. 9, Aiello said. The team trainer is notified the night before each test that a position group of players -- no names are provided at that point -- must undergo screens the next morning. "

"The active ingredient in marijuana, THC, is stored in a body's fat cells for anywhere from 30 to 90 days, depending on the size of the person and the frequency of use."

So again, why the need to test 8-10 times a month?

Ebenezer
07-30-2004, 06:46 AM
For all those tokers...According to a local radio station the new test uses hair and hair follicles because everybody knows about the masking agents...NY state has just adopted the new test as standard...

Voltron
07-30-2004, 07:26 AM
For all those tokers...According to a local radio station the new test uses hair and hair follicles because everybody knows about the masking agents...NY state has just adopted the new test as standard...

That one is a ***** to beat. The shampoos don't work at all!

Ebenezer
07-30-2004, 07:29 AM
That one is a ***** to beat. The shampoos don't work at all!

Until legalized...I guess you could...just...follow the law?

Samphin1
07-30-2004, 12:58 PM
Doesn't surprise me anymore. Somethign tells me you may see him with some cuffs on him in the not to distant future. With each passing day and with more info coming out, it is almost a relief he is off the team. He still screwed us, but we would have lost him for part of the season anyway. This way we can at least move on. Hopefulyl this costs Wanny his job too. Never cared for him.

Kolbiss
07-30-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Samphin1
Doesn't surprise me anymore. Somethign tells me you may see him with some cuffs on him in the not to distant future. With each passing day and with more info coming out, it is almost a relief he is off the team. He still screwed us, but we would have lost him for part of the season anyway. This way we can at least move on. Hopefulyl this costs Wanny his job too. Never cared for him.

I agree Samphin, but I was watching some old games, and he was DAMN good. He will be sorely misssed on the field.