PDA

View Full Version : Sam Wyche's silent count

The_Philster
07-30-2004, 03:11 AM
Sam Wyche is a football player's dream: a coach who can't yell.

"That's all right," Wyche says, grinning. "I've got a very loud whistle."

Wyche is the new quarterbacks coach of the Bills, a team with its share of rehab cases. Running back Willis McGahee and wide receiver Lee Evans, Buffalo's top picks in the last two drafts, both will test rebuilt knees in training camp, and quarterback Drew Bledsoe is looking to bounce back from his worst season. But the Bills' most remarkable comeback story is Wyche, 59, who spends practice weaving between players to catch up to his quarterbacks after plays....more (http://msn.foxsports.com/story/2607470)

Jan Reimers
07-30-2004, 05:03 AM
I think Wyche might turn out to be one of our best offseason additions. He should be a veteran sounding board for Mularkey and Clements, and just might get Drew back on track.

Pride
07-30-2004, 07:53 AM
Great article. Shows the character of Wyche. Glad to have him as a Bill!

Ebenezer
07-30-2004, 07:54 AM
Bledsoe...Wyche...McGahee...Evans...

Bad News Bills...er...Bears? (meant in a good way).

casdhf
07-30-2004, 11:26 AM
He could use a microphone and speaker during practice, but he won't do it because the battery pack makes him look fat.

Worst quote ever.

Mr. Cynical
07-30-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
He could use a microphone and speaker during practice, but he won't do it because the battery pack makes him look fat.

Worst quote ever.

Agreed. I was getting excited reading the article but when I read this part I was extremely disappointed. Signifies a totally screwed sense of priorities IMO.

The Spaz
07-30-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
Agreed. I was extremely disappointed when I read this. Signifies a totally screwed sense of priorities IMO.

Are both of you serious I'm pretty sure Wyche was joking, he does have a pretty good sense of humor.

Mr. Cynical
07-30-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Are both of you serious I'm pretty sure Wyche was joking, he does have a pretty good sense of humor.

I didn't think of that....good point. I really hope that's the case. And if it is, then it's pretty funny actually.

G. Host
07-30-2004, 08:22 PM
I think having Wyche as a QB coach will help Bledsoe on the road for he will be used to looking on sideline for clues from Wyche rather than listening for them.

bernielivsey_1
07-30-2004, 09:16 PM
:cool: I look fat when I walk out in public. :D

ScottLawrence
07-31-2004, 10:48 AM
If Wyche can't help Bledsoe, No one can.