PDA

View Full Version : New Confidence

The_Philster
07-30-2004, 03:13 AM
As the Buffalo Bills get ready to open training camp, quarterback Drew Bledsoe finds his career at a crossroad.
Coming off his worst season ever, Bledsoe tries to get back the form that established him as one of the NFL's best passers.

Bledsoe heads into camp with renewed confidence thanks to new coach Mike Mularkey and his offensive scheme of running the football, and offseason personnel moves....more (http://www.rnews.com/Sports/Story_2004.cfm?ID=19954&rnews_story_type=39)
http://www.rnews.com/images_sports/drew72904.jpg

Pride
07-30-2004, 08:43 AM
Drew... a true professional.

I have a ton of faith that 90% of the problems last year were coaching related.

With a consistent running game. A speedy WR on the field. And a game plan based on getting talented players to play to their strengths rather than their weaknesses. I feel we are in for a solid year offensively, and defensively.

11-5 is my prediction. My only concern in the AFC is the patsies. I think we are the 2nd best team in the AFC.

The Spaz
07-30-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Pride

With a consistent running game. A speedy WR on the field. And a game plan based on getting talented players to play to their strengths rather than their weaknesses. I feel we are in for a solid year offensively, and defensively.

11-5 is my prediction. My only concern in the AFC is the patsies. I think we are the 2nd best team in the AFC.

:bf1::beers:

Jan Reimers
07-30-2004, 09:00 AM

I totally agree. MM, Clements, Wyche and McNally will do wonders for Drew.

ryjam282
07-30-2004, 09:01 AM
I couldn't agree with you more Pride. Great post, and thanks for the heads up Philster. :up:

Pride
07-30-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
:bf1::beers:

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
I totally agree. MM, Clements, Wyche and McNally will do wonders for Drew.

Originally posted by ryjam282
I couldn't agree with you more Pride. Great post, and thanks for the heads up Philster. :up:

Wow... and here I thought I was going to be castrated for my post haha.

Glad I have people who agree with me!

Philagape
07-30-2004, 09:24 AM
Comeback Player of the Year 2004

Pride
07-30-2004, 09:27 AM
I wanna sit with you guys at the games. Everyone else is anti-bledsoe.

The Spaz
07-30-2004, 09:36 AM

If I lived closer I sure would be there.

Mr. Miyagi
07-30-2004, 09:42 AM
Yeah like lining up Gash on the outside as a receiver?

I'm with you 100% Pride. :miyagi:

Jan Reimers
07-30-2004, 09:48 AM

It would be a small but intelligent group.

Pride
07-30-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Yeah like lining up Gash on the outside as a receiver?

I'm with you 100% Pride. :miyagi:

That still blows my mind.

What the hell was Gilbride thinking? Lets take a Fullback, who is a probowl run blocker, and put him at Split End. That's gotta be the most moronic thing to do as an OC. Why not just put Mike Williams out there!?!

Gilbrides legacy I suppose. GW's is still 4th and 2 on the 32 and we punt!

Jan Reimers
07-30-2004, 10:12 AM
That still blows my mind.

What the hell was Gilbride thinking? Lets take a Fullback, who is a probowl run blocker, and put him at Split End. That's gotta be the most moronic thing to do as an OC.

Other than passing 99% of the time on 3rd and a yard or two.

justasportsfan
07-30-2004, 10:24 AM
In my dream world, we blow teams away in the first half that we can give McGahee more carries in the 2nd half and give Losman a few offensive series here and there.

Mr. Miyagi
07-30-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
In my dream world, we blow teams away in the first half that we can give McGahee more carries in the 2nd half and give Losman a few offensive series here and there.
It's a wet one isn't it? :snicker:

justasportsfan
07-30-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
It's a wet one isn't it? :snicker: Not until the Dallas Cheerleaders should up in my dream and we partied al night. You weren't at the party though. Your wife didn't allow you. :D

Mr. Cynical
07-30-2004, 10:59 AM
Drew quote: "At this point, looking at the guys around me, I feel really, really optimistic about our chances."

Wow, he's *never* said this before so I'm with you guys. He's definitely going to tear it up this year. :rolleyes:

;)

Jan Reimers
07-30-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
Drew quote: "At this point, looking at the guys around me, I feel really, really optimistic about our chances."

Wow, he's *never* said this before so I'm with you guys. He's definitely going to tear it up this year. :rolleyes:

;)

What was he supposed to do under the previous regime, say "This team and its coaching staff is a steaming pile of dog s***"?

Mr. Cynical
07-30-2004, 11:19 AM
What was he supposed to do under the previous regime, say "This team and its coaching staff is a steaming pile of dog s***"?

You just proved my point. His words mean nothing.

The_Philster
07-30-2004, 03:24 PM
It would be a small but intelligent group.

:hi5: Damn straight
Originally posted by justasportsfan
I like that dream world :up:

buffmaniac
07-30-2004, 05:07 PM

;)

You truly live up to your title. You really are cynical.

Mr. Cynical
07-30-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by buffmaniac
You truly live up to your title. You really are cynical.

Thanks.....I think. :D

saviorbledsoe
07-30-2004, 08:24 PM
Hey Cynical. While we are all pulling for the team to do well and push for the illusive superbowl ring. You can root against your teams starting qb and hope he loses thus making your supposed favorite team lose. Here's to hoping you are right! :beers:
You will sure show us if you are.

Mr. Cynical
07-30-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
Hey Cynical. While we are all pulling for the team to do well and push for the illusive superbowl ring. You can root against your teams starting qb and hope he loses thus making your supposed favorite team lose. Here's to hoping you are right! :beers:
You will sure show us if you are.

This post is completely asinine.

And just in case you aren't familiar with the term:

as·i·nine (adj.)
1. Utterly stupid or silly
2. Of, relating to, or resembling an ass.

:up:

saviorbledsoe
07-30-2004, 08:32 PM
Since I can't attack the poster, I will say that this post is completely asinine.

And just in case you aren't familiar with the term:

as·i·nine (adj.)
1. Utterly stupid or silly
2. Of, relating to, or resembling an ass.

:up:

Truth hurts. Read some of your posts and tell me I am wrong.
You know you WANT Drew to suck again. Its obvious. Closet Pats fan!

Mr. Cynical
07-30-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
Truth hurts. Read some of your posts and tell me I am wrong.
You know you WANT Drew to suck again. Its obvious. Closet Pats fan!

You are wrong. I do NOT want the Bills to lose. That is why I said your post was asinine. That makes NO sense at all.

Now, do I wish we had cut Drew, saved the millions, grabbed a vet and start JP at some point this year? Yes.

Do I think Drew is overrated, overpaid and not good for the future of this team? Yes.

Do I want JP to replace him ASAFP this season? Yes.

Do I want the Bills to get to and win the SuperBowl? Yes.

Where am I being anti-Bills? Nowhere. You are assuming that the ONLY way the Bills can win is if Drew plays. I disagree. I think he is more of a liability than an asset and hurts us more than helps us in the end.

saviorbledsoe
07-30-2004, 09:04 PM
Ok but obvioulsy we are past all of the above and you will have to accept that Drew is your teams starting qb and lets face it, this years only chance of winning.