X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Billsouth
    • Jul 2002

evans and losman

does anyone have any info on the status of contract negotiations for evans and losman
    "once a raider always a raider"
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

i'm afraid that they know how much money we have... and are holding out for extra money.

I am a firm believer in the fact that each draft spot should be assigned a dollar amount. You are drafted #1.. you get $X Million. Drafted 49th, you get $X Thousand... etc... etc...

This would allow teams who dont have cap room to know exactly how much they will have to spend on a player before draft day. And would cut down on the negotiations required to sign a player.

Comment

• ryven
      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Pride
      i'm afraid that they know how much money we have... and are holding out for extra money.

I am a firm believer in the fact that each draft spot should be assigned a dollar amount. You are drafted #1.. you get $X Million. Drafted 49th, you get $X Thousand... etc... etc...

This would allow teams who dont have cap room to know exactly how much they will have to spend on a player before draft day. And would cut down on the negotiations required to sign a player.

It's a great idea I just don't think it will ever happen, But it would great just to draft them and start training them.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

The 12th and 14th overall picks have been signed. It should be a no brainer to fit Evans right into his slot, unless one side or the other is too far away from the number.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride

it pretty much is that way now though, no? they use the year befores contract as grounds to pay the same spot the next year.. i though.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
          X