PDA

View Full Version : evans and losman

Billsouth
07-30-2004, 09:27 AM
does anyone have any info on the status of contract negotiations for evans and losman

Pride
07-30-2004, 09:33 AM
i'm afraid that they know how much money we have... and are holding out for extra money.

I am a firm believer in the fact that each draft spot should be assigned a dollar amount. You are drafted #1.. you get $X Million. Drafted 49th, you get $X Thousand... etc... etc...

This would allow teams who dont have cap room to know exactly how much they will have to spend on a player before draft day. And would cut down on the negotiations required to sign a player.

ryven
07-30-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Pride
i'm afraid that they know how much money we have... and are holding out for extra money.

I am a firm believer in the fact that each draft spot should be assigned a dollar amount. You are drafted #1.. you get $X Million. Drafted 49th, you get $X Thousand... etc... etc...

This would allow teams who dont have cap room to know exactly how much they will have to spend on a player before draft day. And would cut down on the negotiations required to sign a player.

It's a great idea I just don't think it will ever happen, But it would great just to draft them and start training them.

Jan Reimers
07-30-2004, 10:08 AM
The 12th and 14th overall picks have been signed. It should be a no brainer to fit Evans right into his slot, unless one side or the other is too far away from the number.

Tatonka
07-30-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Pride

it pretty much is that way now though, no? they use the year befores contract as grounds to pay the same spot the next year.. i though.