PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins signed Ricky Williams

Mr. Miyagi
07-30-2004, 12:09 PM
...The OTHER one. :rofl:

What do you do when your top running back wigs out and unexpectedly retires?

If you're the Miami Dolphins, you go out and get a guy with the same name, and hope that nobody notices.

The Dolphins signed the "other" Ricky Williams from the Colts, and promptly named him their starter for the 2004 season.

http://www.sperts.net/article.php?page=254

Mr. Miyagi
07-30-2004, 12:10 PM
"I can make cutbacks, grow dreadlocks, develop a personality disorder; whatever they need," Williams said.

:rofl:

The Spaz
07-30-2004, 12:11 PM
:rofl::lol: I love it. This is the guy who ended up having a 0.00 GPA at Texas Tech.

Mr. Miyagi
07-30-2004, 12:11 PM
They should even give him #34 and no one will even notice. :laughter:

justasportsfan
07-30-2004, 12:20 PM

Samphin1
07-30-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
...The OTHER one. :rofl:

What do you do when your top running back wigs out and unexpectedly retires?

If you're the Miami Dolphins, you go out and get a guy with the same name, and hope that nobody notices.

The Dolphins signed the "other" Ricky Williams from the Colts, and promptly named him their starter for the 2004 season.

http://www.sperts.net/article.php?page=254

Pretty funny. :D

Kolbiss
07-30-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Samphin1
Pretty funny. :D

Samphin, your a good guy......I actually feel bad for you. OK no i dont.

Samphin1
07-30-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by danny4804
Samphin, your a good guy......I actually feel bad for you. OK no i dont.

You should feel bad for me. I just bought a house in California where the price of housing is too frikkin high, the gas prices are insane, and auto insurance is through the roof.

Don't feel sorry for me about this Williams thing. Nothing I can do about it but curse his name and celebrate my new found dart board, which used to be a poster of a certain quitter. :D

saviorbledsoe
07-30-2004, 01:05 PM
this is f*ing hilarious. but how the hell am i going to explain all this crap to my gf and my mom and other non football nuts come Oct 17th.

Mr. Miyagi
07-30-2004, 01:08 PM
I don't even know if this was just a hoax or it's true. But it's funny nonetheless. :D

saviorbledsoe
07-30-2004, 01:11 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh so this might nit be real? good thing my dad didnt answer the phone when i called him to tell him lol

Kolbiss
07-30-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Samphin1
You should feel bad for me. I just bought a house in California where the price of housing is too frikkin high, the gas prices are insane, and auto insurance is through the roof.

Don't feel sorry for me about this Williams thing. Nothing I can do about it but curse his name and celebrate my new found dart board, which used to be a poster of a certain quitter. :D

It's been a rough year buddy!!

saviorbledsoe
07-30-2004, 01:32 PM
its not real....i dont see anything anywhere else.

Mr. Miyagi
07-30-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
its not real....i dont see anything anywhere else.

Yeah I know I think this line kinda gave it away:

"Most people in Miami are over 60, so they'll forget if we trot out another guy named Ricky Williams," Wannstedt told sPERTS.

"They'll assume it's the same guy. They already think A.J. Feeley is Jay Fiedler anyway."

saviorbledsoe
07-30-2004, 02:33 PM
Yeah I know I think this line kinda gave it away:

"Most people in Miami are over 60, so they'll forget if we trot out another guy named Ricky Williams," Wannstedt told sPERTS.

"They'll assume it's the same guy. They already think A.J. Feeley is Jay Fiedler anyway."

i dont know....had me fooled. You really doubt that Wanny would say that?

Mr. Miyagi
07-30-2004, 02:35 PM
:lol:

elltrain22
07-30-2004, 02:36 PM
No matter what they do, they are still gonna suck big time in 2004

ryven
07-30-2004, 03:22 PM
Miami must really like 3rd string player first feely and now williams.

BillsRockSOMUCH
07-30-2004, 04:57 PM
"I can make cutbacks, grow dreadlocks, develop a personality disorder; whatever they need," Williams said.

:lol:

BAM
07-30-2004, 05:12 PM
Not a bad pickup. He didn't look bad at all when he was in last year

Mr. Miyagi
07-30-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by BAM
Not a bad pickup. He didn't look bad at all when he was in last year
BAM I think it's just a hoax. But it's still funny. :D

Gunzlingr
07-30-2004, 05:36 PM
This gave it away for me:

The real reason for Ricky Williams’ retirement has finally surfaced -- surfaced and come up for air, that is.
Sources close to the Williams compound say that he is now exclusively spending his time working on his career as a children’s author.

Ricky’s breakout new character bears a striking resemblance.
“It wasn’t about the money, the price of fame, his agoraphobia, his place in history, or even the way the Dolphins organization has treated him,” said a family friend. “It was all about the book. It was always about the book. It was in him, and now it’s out of him. But there’s more books in him, that’s for sure. And he needs more time than football will allow.”

Ricky’s first book, Dippy the Dolphin, forthcoming from Whammo Press, follows a course that is eerily similar to his own career. A successful courier dolphin for a large orange and white company run by cows, Dippy is soon recognized for his delivery acumen. He is offered a much better position working as a courier for other dolphins, with more money and more prestige. His boss is a bear in a cowboy hat named “Wanny” who has a squeaky voice.

But as the story goes on, it becomes clear that Dippy is losing heart. He is so good at his job that the other dolphins soon depend on him exclusively. They become lazy and ineffective at their own jobs while Wanny runs Dippy ragged. So Dippy quits to become a children’s author and writes about a dolphin who writes his autobiography.

http://www.sperts.net/article.php?page=253