PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football - Teams available in BillsZone BIG MONEY League!

lordofgun
07-30-2004, 02:04 PM
BillsZone's BIG MONEY LEAGUE returns for the second year!

Anyone who wishes to join can PayPal $55 to me at sales@empirestatemusic.com . You may also PM me if you need a mailing address for a money order or check.

Prizes are as follows based on 12-team league*:
$300 Grand Prize
$100 Runner-up
$55 Third place
$5 weekly high score prize in regular season

We will be using EASPORTS.COM's fantasy commissioner service, which is quite similar to ESPN or CBS Sportsline and features:

LIVE SCORING

LIVE ONLINE DRAFT - We'll aim for Tuesday, September 7 at 8pm eastern.

WEEKLY LEAGUE RECAP - I'll be writing weekly recaps and previews as always!

The following starters are allowed per position:
Quarterback 1
Running Back 1
Wide Receiver 2
RB/WR Flex 1
Tight End 1
Place Kicker 1
Team Defense 1

Total number of starters: 8
Total number of backups: 7

Scoring includes:
6pts for all TDs
1pt per 10 yards rushing and receiving
1pt per 25 yards passing
pretty standard scoring

4 playoff teams - 3 division winners and 1 wild card
14 regular season weeks
2 playoff weeks with super bowl in week 16.

As soon as money is received, I will send you an invite to the league.

(* Prizes are estimated based on 12-team full occupancy - less paypal fees - should be pretty close w/12 teams. EA sports has not published a price yet. So prizes may vary based on their final price.)

EASPORTS Commissioner looks awesome! LIVE SCORING, Draft room, In-depth stats, waiver system, our own home page etc. It reminds me a lot of sportsline.com's paid commissioner leagues. YOU HAVE FULL CONTROL OF YOUR TEAM!

Any other questions, let me know!

lordofgun
07-30-2004, 02:35 PM
BTW, owners who played last year and returning are:

EE
LOG
philagape
Halbert
Clump
Tatonka

I have not received confirmation from the rest of last year's owners, so as of now, we have 6 spots open!

If you owned a team in this league last year and want to play again, or would just like to join this year, please PM me or send PayPal payment to the email address above..

BAM
07-30-2004, 02:37 PM
I'm in LOG I'll paypal you later :up:

:D

lordofgun
07-30-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by BAM
I'm in LOG I'll paypal you later :up:

:D

:up: It's first PAY, first served, so don't wait too long!

BAM
07-30-2004, 02:52 PM
I won't. I forget my ****ing username and password, I have it written down @ home though :up:

Tatonka
07-30-2004, 03:17 PM
i own this league.. just so you know bam.. i was in first from week one straight to the championship last year.. so thanks for your donation.

:snicker:

i want some of the bledsoe lovers that think i dont know anything about football to join. :tongue:

BAM
07-30-2004, 03:41 PM
no problem, T. I'm always available for donation to a worthy cause. :rolleyes:

Novacane
07-30-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i own this league.. just so you know bam.. i was in first from week one straight to the championship last year.. so thanks for your donation.

i want some of the bledsoe lovers that think i dont know anything about football to join. :tongue:

You won't be pulling any Gus Ferrottes out your ass this year buddy ;)

lordofgun
07-30-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
You won't be pulling any Gus Ferrottes out your ass this year buddy ;)

You playing?

lordofgun
07-30-2004, 04:02 PM

I bet saviorbledsoe doesn't put his money where his mouth is. He's all talk.

If he did join, he'd be in your division, T! :snicker:

Halbert
07-30-2004, 04:09 PM
Any chance we could cut down the bench a little?

Novacane
07-30-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
You playing?

If there is still spots open middle of next week when I get my paypal account back online. Some wench filed a complaint against me saying she never recieved her golf clubs eventhough I have the tracking # saying she did.

Philagape
07-30-2004, 09:29 PM
This is the league where I scored the second-most points, won the weekly prize four times but still finished 7-7 :mad:

lordofgun
07-30-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Halbert
Any chance we could cut down the bench a little?

Yeah, it's possible. In fact, I'll put up a poll on the site to see what everyone prefers.

lordofgun
07-30-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
If there is still spots open middle of next week when I get my paypal account back online. Some wench filed a complaint against me saying she never recieved her golf clubs eventhough I have the tracking # saying she did.

I hate those wenches!!! :D

Tatonka
07-31-2004, 06:34 PM
Yeah, it's possible. In fact, I'll put up a poll on the site to see what everyone prefers.

hell no.. keep the benches right where they are!! how does shorter benches help the game at all.. all it means is your in a crappier spot when injuries hit.

I bet saviorbledsoe doesn't put his money where his mouth is. He's all talk.

If he did join, he'd be in your division, T! :snicker:

i would own him. :D

let him know i said so and see if he signs up.

Tatonka
07-31-2004, 06:37 PM
hey.. wtf is up with the draft order.. this is a redraft league with new members.. so you should random it again like last year.. or is that just a default listing?

Michael82
07-31-2004, 07:49 PM
I'm interested. If this is still open when I get paid, I will be in. :up:

lordofgun
07-31-2004, 09:38 PM
it looked like you already had 12 teams listed though, no? so the league is full.

No, there are still a few spots open.

hey.. wtf is up with the draft order.. this is a redraft league with new members.. so you should random it again like last year.. or is that just a default listing?

It will be random order. I'll hold the drawing as soon as all the teams fill up.

Originally posted by Mikey82
I'm interested. If this is still open when I get paid, I will be in. :up:

Hurry and get paid! :D

lordofgun
Still a few spots open if anyone else is interested!

lordofgun
BAM was gonna dign up...but then he got high.

Mr. Cynical
08-01-2004, 01:24 AM
I'm in. :D

Is eaports as good as Yahoo? I've been using Yahoo for years and it rocks.

I assume this is a head to head league?

As for the bench I totally agree with Halbert. Problem with an 8 man bench is that people hog rbs/wrs. So, when your starter gets hurt, you end up picking crap off the player list. If you can only hold say 4 backups then the talent pool is a lot deeper which makes for more competition IMO.

Nothing worse than watching some schmuck stockpile guys like Ahman Green and Portis when their starter is Holmes. :grind:

BAM
08-01-2004, 01:47 AM
BAM was gonna dign up...but then he got high.

I was gonna go to work, but then I got high...
I just got a new promotion, but I got high...
Now I'm selling dope... and I know why..

Because I got high
Cause I got high
Because I got high :smoke:

I just sent the loot over to ya, dude :)

lordofgun
08-01-2004, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical

As for the bench I totally agree with Halbert. Problem with an 8 man bench is that people hog rbs/wrs. So, when your starter gets hurt, you end up picking crap off the player list. If you can only hold say 4 backups then the talent pool is a lot deeper which makes for more competition IMO.

Nothing worse than watching some schmuck stockpile guys like Ahman Green and Portis when their starter is Holmes. :grind:

EA Sports is better than Yahoo, IMO. This is a head-to-head league!

As soon as I receive your payment, I'll send you an invitation to the league!

We still have a few open spots!

Halbert
08-01-2004, 10:25 AM
Is paypal working again? I tried the other day and it was giving me error messages. If so, what's the total amout I should send?

Tatonka
08-01-2004, 11:52 AM

if a guy is able to stock pile rbs.. then it is because other people dont draft right.. dont hate the player.. hate the other idiot players that draft bad...

having more bench room means that YOU can get your starters backups and hang on to them, so that is not an issue.. you have room to grab larry johnson to back up priest... or lenard henry to back up travis minor ( :lol: )

Tatonka
08-01-2004, 11:53 AM
by the way.. the EA sports site is very nice.. yahoo is free.. and great for the price tag... but ea sports is definately very nice.

lordofgun
08-01-2004, 02:17 PM
Is paypal working again? I tried the other day and it was giving me error messages. If so, what's the total amout I should send?

Yes, PayPal is working!

THATHURMANATOR
08-03-2004, 10:57 AM

I don't agree. Everyone has the option of taking who ever they want. If they are stocking up on one position they will be weaker at others.

Halbert
08-03-2004, 07:08 PM
The draft is only at most 50% of your ability to have a successful FF team. Free agency is the other 50%, probably more. In fact, assuming a league has good knowledgeable owners that won’t blow many picks and the percentage will definitely swing strongly to Free Agency.

Think about it. Every season there are players that are injured, demoted, over-hyped, whatever, that looked like good picks before the season yet end up not contributing much if anything to a FF team. Even the most knowledgeable FF owner ends up with some of those players at one time or another. That’s just pure bad luck. If a team happens to have more than their share of those players, entirely possible, then their team usually falls behind in the standings. Free Agency is the way that you can balance some of that pure bad luck by allowing the poor teams to have first crack at available players.

If you have a large bench you’re reducing the pool of players that the lower teams can use to restock the unlucky picks. So now not only does the unlucky team have the disadvantage of a pick that isn’t contributing, you’re pushing them farther back because some other team that didn’t have that bad luck in this league has a good player they don’t hardly use.

What you end up with, again assuming knowledgeable owners, are teams that rise to the top or fall to the bottom due more than any other thing to these random potshots that shoot holes in the unfortunate teams.

This idea that you can avoid this by “drafting well” is a fallacy. I love how people think they are FF gurus because they win a league or two, when most of FF is pure luck. Everybody thought Mark Boerichter (whatever) from KC was a great sleeper a couple years ago, now he’s 5th on somebody’s depth chart. And then there’s Anquan Boldin, who if you tell me you just KNEW that he was going to be a great receiver as a rookie before his obvious breakout then you’re either deluded or a liar. You might have picked him late in the draft as a sleeper simply because he was one of a great many unknown WR’s that just might contribute, but you didn’t do it because you are a great FF prognosticator.

Like it or not, a large bench only increases the element of luck in FF. That’s why I’d rather play in leagues with a small bench because THAT’S where the relatively small element of skill can be exercised the most. I like competitive leagues that go right down to the wire with as many teams as possible still in the playoff hunt. A large bench will eliminate more teams earlier, which IMO damages the entire league. I’d rather win knowing that luck was minimized, not the other way around.

Halbert
08-03-2004, 07:09 PM
BTW - Can we please get a decision on bench size asap so I can decide if I want to play? I really want to very much but it does make a difference to me.

lordofgun
08-03-2004, 07:29 PM
Hal, it was 8 starters and 8 benchers last year. I can't make a ruling about it until everyone joins up and votes on the site. Majority wil rule. Honestly, if that's the difference between you doing well and sucking, there's something wrong.

I had this exact discussion with you last year. :D

lordofgun
08-03-2004, 07:31 PM
But I agree with you, and have voted to make it 7 benchers. :D

Halbert
08-03-2004, 07:31 PM
I respectfully disagree. That's exactly what happened to me in that league last year.

Halbert
08-03-2004, 07:33 PM
Well good, I'd rather have 6 but 7 is definitely better. 12 additional FA's will make a big difference. 24 would be even better.

lordofgun
08-03-2004, 07:47 PM
A couple of other guys have said they want 6 bench players too. I think what we'll do is compromise and put the bench at 7.

Philagape
08-03-2004, 09:04 PM
The draft is only at most 50% of your ability to have a successful FF team. Free agency is the other 50%, probably more. In fact, assuming a league has good knowledgeable owners that won’t blow many picks and the percentage will definitely swing strongly to Free Agency.

Think about it. Every season there are players that are injured, demoted, over-hyped, whatever, that looked like good picks before the season yet end up not contributing much if anything to a FF team. Even the most knowledgeable FF owner ends up with some of those players at one time or another. That’s just pure bad luck. If a team happens to have more than their share of those players, entirely possible, then their team usually falls behind in the standings. Free Agency is the way that you can balance some of that pure bad luck by allowing the poor teams to have first crack at available players.

If you have a large bench you’re reducing the pool of players that the lower teams can use to restock the unlucky picks. So now not only does the unlucky team have the disadvantage of a pick that isn’t contributing, you’re pushing them farther back because some other team that didn’t have that bad luck in this league has a good player they don’t hardly use.

What you end up with, again assuming knowledgeable owners, are teams that rise to the top or fall to the bottom due more than any other thing to these random potshots that shoot holes in the unfortunate teams.

This idea that you can avoid this by “drafting well” is a fallacy. I love how people think they are FF gurus because they win a league or two, when most of FF is pure luck. Everybody thought Mark Boerichter (whatever) from KC was a great sleeper a couple years ago, now he’s 5th on somebody’s depth chart. And then there’s Anquan Boldin, who if you tell me you just KNEW that he was going to be a great receiver as a rookie before his obvious breakout then you’re either deluded or a liar. You might have picked him late in the draft as a sleeper simply because he was one of a great many unknown WR’s that just might contribute, but you didn’t do it because you are a great FF prognosticator.

Like it or not, a large bench only increases the element of luck in FF. That’s why I’d rather play in leagues with a small bench because THAT’S where the relatively small element of skill can be exercised the most. I like competitive leagues that go right down to the wire with as many teams as possible still in the playoff hunt. A large bench will eliminate more teams earlier, which IMO damages the entire league. I’d rather win knowing that luck was minimized, not the other way around.

You just described life in most sports. :D

Halbert
08-03-2004, 10:19 PM
Very true!

Tatonka
08-03-2004, 10:57 PM
i absolutely knew that boldin and dominic davis would be great.

:ontome:

Tatonka
08-03-2004, 10:58 PM
actually.. the reason i won last year is because my top two picks.. moss and portis performed up to expectations.. and i made the right call on the seattle offense.. with hass and djax.. i dont think that was luck.

Halbert
08-04-2004, 04:07 AM
I knew you would say that. I know you're not lying, which means you're ...

Tatonka
08-04-2004, 06:51 AM
well.. i was lying about boldin and davis..

but call me deluded because i thought the seattle offense would be good.

lordofgun
08-04-2004, 07:07 AM
well.. i was lying about boldin and davis..

but call me deluded because i thought the seattle offense would be good.

Hey, I was the one touting Matt Hasselbeck all preseason! I was derided for it!

Halbert
08-04-2004, 11:20 AM
No, actually I agreed with both of you on Hasslebeck and I drafted him in almost half my leagues.

But how could you possibly know that it was going to be Jackson and not Robinson that had the better season after Robinson had the stronger 02? I mean if you said you thought they BOTH would be good picks then I'd go with that but unless I'm forgetting something then I don't see how one could know Robinson would regress.

Tatonka
08-04-2004, 12:02 PM
i didnt know robinson would regress.. but i knew that jackson was injuried the year before and that he had always been the number one there.. and that he offered a much better value at where he would be drafted than robinson, who was overhyped.

Halbert
08-04-2004, 02:04 PM
Now that you mention it, I remember that too.

Tatonka
08-04-2004, 04:54 PM
so are you admitting that it wasnt all luck that i won?

i will say that luck does play a part.. i think the luck had to do with the fact that my players were relatively healthy.. although portis getting hurt almost cost me the championship game..

but my management of my roster gave me enough depth that i made it through.. because i had dominic davis from a waiver pick up.

but the draft makes a BIG difference.. imho.. you cant win your league with your first three picks, but you sure as hell can lose a league with them... ask the people who took ricky last year.. and william green.. and many other..

i think i am good at predicting performances by a player.. good or bad.. and i have been successful for the past 4 years i have been playing.

i knew when i saw my draft spot at 7th, that i was not in a position to get who i wanted to get.. so i worked out a deal to where i drafted 3rd.. and it made all the difference in the world.

i think i am a good ff player.. i didnt just win a championship one year and come to that conclusion.. i win consistently every year.. i play in 3 or 4 leagues.. and every year i will win at least 1-2.. last year.. i won 1st in 2 leagues.. and 2nd in the other.. if it is luck.. then i must be the luckiest bastard in the world.

Earthquake Enyart
08-04-2004, 05:13 PM
Hey, I was the one touting Matt Hasselbeck all preseason! I was derided for it!

Still are. :lolpoint: :log:

Earthquake Enyart
08-04-2004, 05:14 PM

i will say that luck does play a part.. i think the luck had to do with the fact that my players were relatively healthy.. although portis getting hurt almost cost me the championship game..

but my management of my roster gave me enough depth that i made it through.. because i had dominic davis from a waiver pick up.

but the draft makes a BIG difference.. imho.. you cant win your league with your first three picks, but you sure as hell can lose a league with them... ask the people who took ricky last year.. and william green.. and many other..

i think i am good at predicting performances by a player.. good or bad.. and i have been successful for the past 4 years i have been playing.

i knew when i saw my draft spot at 7th, that i was not in a position to get who i wanted to get.. so i worked out a deal to where i drafted 3rd.. and it made all the difference in the world.

i think i am a good ff player.. i didnt just win a championship one year and come to that conclusion.. i win consistently every year.. i play in 3 or 4 leagues.. and every year i will win at least 1-2.. last year.. i won 1st in 2 leagues.. and 2nd in the other.. if it is luck.. then i must be the luckiest bastard in the world.

Lucky bastard.

Tatonka
08-04-2004, 05:15 PM

hateful jealous bastard

:biggrin:

B-DON
08-04-2004, 11:33 PM
are there any slots left?

lordofgun
08-05-2004, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by B-DON
are there any slots left?

Yes. Other than returning owners, it's first pay-first play, so the next 2 to get their money in will be playing.

In other words...there are still 2 spots left at this moment.

Halbert
08-05-2004, 02:45 PM

If you're talking to me, I never said it was all luck that you won, at least not seriously.

My only point is that for the average FF junkie like you and me, winning comes down to mostly luck and the larger the bench the more luck involved. Nobody crunches numbers and reads more about players status than me and it still is at least 70% luck involved to win a league, especially head-to-head.

IOW, if every owner invested the same amount of time, drafted well, and followed player status, the biggest difference in winning and losing comes down to how lucky you get with your sleepers and/or Free Agent pickups. It's a roll of the dice, sometimes you hit and sometimes you miss. Combined with the bad luck of injuries and demotions, bench size has a major impact on your ability to make corrections, thus dooming unlucky teams (all other things being equal) to a league stacked against them coming back.

Michael82
08-07-2004, 02:14 PM
Yes. Other than returning owners, it's first pay-first play, so the next 2 to get their money in will be playing.

In other words...there are still 2 spots left at this moment.

I'm in and paid! :$:

lordofgun
08-07-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82
I'm in and paid! :$:

I just sent your invite! :up:

Michael82
08-07-2004, 06:11 PM
I just sent your invite! :up:

I got it! Thanks! :$:

Mr. Cynical
08-09-2004, 12:58 PM
Log - I'll paypal you right now if there is still room...one of my buddy's leagues isn't panning out so I have the space.

lordofgun
08-09-2004, 01:08 PM
Log - I'll paypal you right now if there is still room...one of my buddy's leagues isn't panning out so I have the space.

Check your PMs.

Mr. Cynical
08-09-2004, 01:13 PM
Just sent the payment. Well, a loan actually, since I will be getting it back plus major interest when I win. :snicker:

lordofgun
08-09-2004, 01:59 PM
Just sent the payment. Well, a loan actually, since I will be getting it back plus major interest when I win. :snicker:

::: I like you better when you're cynical.

Mr. Cynical
08-09-2004, 02:02 PM
::: I like you better when you're cynical.

:tongue:

lordofgun
08-09-2004, 02:23 PM
That's better.

Tatonka
08-10-2004, 11:53 AM
thanks for the donation mr. cynical.

Mr. Cynical
08-10-2004, 03:47 PM
Sure thing T. :D

But remember, just like the IRS, I'll be coming to collect it back and more at the end of the season. :2guns:

Tatonka
08-10-2004, 06:47 PM
donation implies that you will never see a penny of it again..

unless you luck out and get high score one week for 5$.

Mr. Cynical
08-10-2004, 07:08 PM
Oh, I know what you implied. But when you "donate" $55, and take back $300, that's called a "wise investment". ;)

Tatonka
08-10-2004, 09:35 PM
your bank account is gonna be bone dry.

Mr. Cynical
08-10-2004, 09:56 PM
The only thing that's gonna be bone dry are your eyes after you've been crying for 5 hours from losing the season. :cry:

Tatonka
08-10-2004, 11:35 PM
pff..

bledsoe hater.

THATHURMANATOR
08-11-2004, 09:50 AM
I will be a force to be wreckoned with in this league. I was in 2 big money leagues last year. I won 1 and lost the superbowl in the other!

Mr. Cynical
08-11-2004, 09:13 PM
pff..

bledsoe hater.

Tonk :hail: Wys

Tatonka
08-11-2004, 09:53 PM
:lol:

Michael82
08-12-2004, 10:03 PM
This is my first ever money league. I hope I do well. :pray:

lordofgun
08-12-2004, 10:09 PM
We have 9 paid so far.

slruh is suposed to send the money paypal tomorrow.

That leaves two returning owners who have not paid yet. Both owners have assured me they will be paying shortly.

Those are the three spots we're waiting on for a full league.

So basically, the league is full...just waiting to make sure the money's in.