X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Winslow Jr. turns down $40 mill

Updating an earlier report, Pat McManamon, of ClevelandBrowns.com, reports the Cleveland Browns had their six-year, $40 million deal to rookie TE Kellen Winslow Jr. turned down by Winslow's agents, Carl and Kevin Poston. The refused deal, which included $13 million in guaranteed money, was nearly identical to the same offer that Washington Redskins rookie S Sean Taylor signed. Taylor was selected at No. 5 overall in the 2004 NFL Draft, one pick higher than Winslow. The $40 million is the maximum amount Taylor can earn – if he reaches his incentives. A league source said Taylor's incentives are tied to Pro Bowl appearances, but the Browns tied their incentives to Winslow based on receptions because the team felt Pro Bowl voting can be skewed, a source said.

according to KFFL anyway.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Cleveland Browns Home: The official source of the latest Browns headlines, news, videos, photos, tickets, rosters, stats, schedule, and gameday information
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Jul 2003

what an idiot

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
        • Apr 2003

so it turns out that cartoon from a while ago off that extremeskins site is going to be more true than anticipated.
        the dude abides

Comment

• Charlieguide
          Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time
          • Feb 2004

The Browns said this was their "best offer" up front, in an effort to shorten negotiations and get him in camp. I can't understand why they'd turn it down, but I've read that this agent is notorious for "getting the most" for his players. Perhaps he doesn't believe it's their best offer? Very disappointing.
          The best is yet to come, and the rest is history. -- Oval Opus

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Arent you glad we didn't draft him? (if given the opportunity)

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Jul 2003

no rookie is even worth that much to begin with.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Until the final contract is signed we will have no clue who wins and loses.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• ryjam282
                  Offical Billszone Starting QB
                  • Mar 2003

I can't believe that. I truly believe it was the agents decision cause how in the world can anyone that is a rookie turn down that kind of dough? I always like KWII, since he was a Cane but I am beginning to think different now.....Kinda like I do with Warren Sapp.

Ryan Withey
                  Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• juice
                    • Aug 2003

The Browns should not have gone public, now they have pissed off this kid who already has an attitude.. Its not like the organization didn't know who his agent was when they drafted him.

In the end the franchize will loose out by not handleing things in house.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

Paying $40M for a rookie tight end is the perfect definition of ridiculous.

Comment

• Bulldog
                        Top Dog
                        • Jan 2003

This is the richest contract offer for any TE in the history of the NFL and this idiot and his agents decide to turn it down? Piss on KW II. If I were the Browns, I would try to trade the rights to this bum ASAP. Dude, you're good, but you're not that good.
                        I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bulldog
                          This is the richest contract offer for any TE in the history of the NFL and this idiot and his agents decide to turn it down? Piss on KW II. If I were the Browns, I would try to trade the rights to this bum ASAP. Dude, you're good, but you're not that good.

After trading a 3rd round pick to move up 1 SPOT!!!! to get him?

Cleveland is stupid- I hope he makes them pay through the ass for that one-

Be thankful for TD- you could be a Cleveland Brown Fan or a Dolphin fan punching yourself in the nuts right now

Comment

• Charlieguide
                            Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Bulldog
                            I would love to see them try; he would still count against the rookie salary cap, and few teams, if any, could afford his price in addition to their own rookies.

Agreed, he isn't worth it. He may be someday, but in the NFL, you prove it, then you earn it . . . at least that's how it used to be.
                            The best is yet to come, and the rest is history. -- Oval Opus

Comment

• Turf
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                              Paying $40M for a rookie tight end is the perfect definition of ridiculous.
                              I gotta agree with that.
                              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

Working...
                              X