PDA

View Full Version : Jaguars Hype?

saviorbledsoe
07-31-2004, 03:59 PM
Everyone keeps talking how great the Jags are going to be this year. Whats up with that? Anyone know who is picked to win the opener and what the point spread is? If we are not picked I am going to laugh.

Dozerdog
07-31-2004, 04:06 PM
They have a great young QB, a top Rookie WR, and their defense began to jell at the end of the year. They got off to a horrid start, but finished near .500 a tthe end of the year.

They could be 8-8, 9-7 this year easilly

saviorbledsoe
07-31-2004, 04:07 PM
With 1 big fat loss to the Buffalo Bills!

Dozerdog
07-31-2004, 04:08 PM
Don't take them lightly- you could end up with a Miami-Texans opening day upset pretty easilly

saviorbledsoe
07-31-2004, 04:18 PM
I can take them lightly. Its the BILLS that cant.

:)

Jeff1220
07-31-2004, 04:30 PM
The Jags are difinitely going to be tough, but the hype on them is very similar to the hype the Bills had a year ago. That's why they play the games.

ScottLawrence
07-31-2004, 05:26 PM
I do think the Jags will be improved but, like Savior said im getting sick of all the hype.

I could easily see them as a playoff team but, im still not sold on Jack Del Rio.

The Spaz
07-31-2004, 05:31 PM
Yeah they're defense was dominating against us last year...lol. I expect us to put a hurting on them both defensively and offensively this year.

BAM
07-31-2004, 05:41 PM
They kinda scare me.

HenryRules
07-31-2004, 05:55 PM
Jax is a pretty solid team, but I think their special teams will be their undoing. They've got one of the better OLs (both pass and run blocking) and Taylor seems to be over the injury bug. Their D is solid all the way through. The biggest question for them on O or D I think is will Reggie Williams be good enough this year.

Special teams always gets undervalued - Marv used to treat it as important as O and D and we went to 4 Super Bowls. The last few years, we've been horrendous on special teams (aside from P) and we've been 17-31. Until Jax gets a kicker and Del Rio stops leaving axes in the dressing room, I don't think they'll hit .500.

Tatonka
07-31-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
With 1 big fat loss to the Buffalo Bills!

yeah.. that did us a lot of good.. we played well to start the year.. they finished 10x better than us.

Originally posted by Dozerdog
Don't take them lightly- you could end up with a Miami-Texans opening day upset pretty easilly

except that we are not projected as high as the fish were.. and the texans were alot more underrated, or had less expected of them last year.

i think the point spread will be the bills by 3 or so.. maybe a bit less.. that 3 points represents home field advantage.. i see the bills and jags being equal really.. maybe even better honestly..

qb - Bills - VERY slight edge
rb - Jags - slight edge
fb - Jags - definate edge
te - even
ol - Jags - definate edge
dl - even
lb - Bills - definate edge
cbs - Bills - definate edge
s- Jags - edge
k - even
p - Bills

qb - i take leftwich over drew anyday.. leftwich really started to play well last year.. and should be better this year.. we know what we have in drew.. leftwich can be as good as he wants to be.. drew has experience and normally starts out the season strong.. i say the bills have the slight edge here.. but not by much.. and by seasons end.. the jaguars could be in better shape.

rb - taylor is better than henry, when 100%, and has been healthy for 2 straight years... does that mean i would take taylor over henry? no.. henry is a tough guy that plays through pain.. taylor is a candy ass about injuries.. but taylor is a better back with game breaking ability.. and they have a great rookie RB behind him in greg jones.. we have our dynamic duo, henry and willis.. i say rb is about even.. maybe a slight edge to the jags..

FB - jags have the edge here.. marc edwards is a great pass blocker.. a great lead blocker, and a good receiver.. he is the prototypical fb.. shelton was out of football and hasnt played in a game for over 1 calender year.. hopefully he will be effective.. but they have the clear advantage.

WR - moulds is slightly better than jimmy smith.. i like evans over reggie williams.. edwards and reed are close to one another in effectiveness, although they are two different receivers (both small, but edwards is a speedy guy, reed is a possession guy)... i say the bills have a slight edge here..

OL - jaguars have a clear advantage here.. their line was strong last year.. they are young for the most part, but have just the right mix of veterans.. they are strong at the right spots.. we have questions that i hope mcnally answers.. hopefully coaching is the answer.. because we didnt really add a ton of talent.. we got rid of a probowler (in name at least), and it looks like we are going to replace him with the bum that villarial replaced (pucillo).. so i dont see the Oline as upgraded as far as talent goes.. but am confident that mcnally can make them marginally better..

TE - kyle brady vs campbell - even.. some may say that brady is better.. but it is all name.. there is nothing that he does better than campbell. he is a good blocker who catches the occassional ball.. and is not a threat to worry about.. same with campbell.. hopefully peters or ehaus steps up and gives us the edge by game time.

DL - this is about even.. i expect hugh douglas to be better.. tony brackens is solid, henderson and stroud are good young DTs.. they are old at DE and young at DT.. we are young at DE and old at DT.. i say it is about a push..

LB - we are better.. period. i am not even arguing this point.. peterson is their best player.. the other 2 are average.

DBs - even - we are better at cb.. they are better at safety.

saviorbledsoe
07-31-2004, 06:18 PM
Maybe i just have high hopes but I believe we are Superbowl caliber this year and no one is going to change my mind about that.

The Spaz
07-31-2004, 07:03 PM
It won't even be close I'm telling you. Break it down by position all you want but it's on the field that matters and we came up huge last year.

Tatonka
07-31-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
Maybe i just have high hopes but I believe we are Superbowl caliber this year and no one is going to change my mind about that.

i have high hopes too.. i am just showing you what we are up against.. it will be a very good test right out of the gate.. i thik we win.. but it will not be easy by any means.

Originally posted by The Spaz
It won't even be close I'm telling you. Break it down by position all you want but it's on the field that matters and we came up huge last year.

last years team and game mean nothing going into this year.. it was a different qb first of all.. and they didnt have their number 1 receiver against us.. he was suspended.. plus their defense really didnt start becoming a dominant group until about midway through the year.. but after del rio's defense schemes started to set in.. they were great..

i hope we kill them.. but i am willing to put my money where my mouth is.. we dont beat them by more than a td.

The Spaz
07-31-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i have high hopes too.. i am just showing you what we are up against.. it will be a very good test right out of the gate.. i thik we win.. but it will not be easy by any means.

last years team and game mean nothing going into this year.. it was a different qb first of all.. and they didnt have their number 1 receiver against us.. he was suspended.. plus their defense really didnt start becoming a dominant group until about midway through the year.. but after del rio's defense schemes started to set in.. they were great..

i hope we kill them.. but i am willing to put my money where my mouth is.. we dont beat them by more than a td.

LMAO it will be by 10+:up: As long were healthy going in.

The Natrix
07-31-2004, 07:24 PM
I think we are going to kill them. :up:

as long as Drew doesn't **** it up :mad: