PDA

View Full Version : The Tatonka BIG BIG money league

Tatonka
07-31-2004, 10:20 PM
guys, i run a keeper fantasy football league. it is 100$ a head. it is a ten person league. It has been running for 4 years now. One of our guys dropped out this year because he bought a boat, and decided fishing was more important than being a football fan. :idunno:

the set up of the league is as follows:
1 qb
1 rb
1 wr
1 te
3 offensive flex spots (rb, wr, or te)
1 kicker
3 defensive flex spots (individual defensive players, dl, lb, or db)

the way the keepers work is you can keep 2 players each year.. but only one per position. the keepers and draft order is as follows:

1. Cecil - Henry, Harrison
2. Breth - Faulk, McNabb
3. Troy - J. Lewis, Horn
4. Yoon - Green, Vick
5. Goose - McAllister, Owens
6. Steve - Manning, Tomlinson
7. ??? - Edge, Holt
8. Brian - Culpepper, Tiki
9. Jeremy (Tatonka) - Portis, Moss
10. Stuart - Holmes, Coles

the spot that is up for grabs is the 7th spot with edge and holt.

Bdon had indicated that he was interested, but i havent received word or payment from him since i sent him the info last week.

1st place pays 700$, 2nd 200$, 3rd 100$

if you are interested, pm me or email me at buffalobillboy@comcast.net. or if you have questions, post them here. the draft will be one the weekend of the 3rd preseason game, so about august 20th or so. we dont have it in stone yet.

first person to paypal me 102.50 (the extra 2.50 covers the cost of paypal) is in. we play on yahoo.

gracias.

ryjam282
07-31-2004, 10:30 PM
Fishing more important? Now that is just CRAZY....T, I would definitely be in except for the individual defensive players thing....I really don't like that setup but I do like the keepers as Edge and Holt though. Let me know if you do one without the defensive players in the future, thanks bud.

Ryan

Tatonka
07-31-2004, 10:37 PM
some people dont like IDP.. i personally like it ALOT better.. team defense is lame.. i have never got into it.. .. IDP is more fun picking good players, like you do on offense.. it really isnt that big a deal.. it just is more fun to root for an indivual than another team that you dont like... plus, you dont have to deal with all that crap like yards against, points against.. ect..

you just total up your guys points..

1 pt per tackle
.5 per assist
3 for sacks, ints, forced fumbles, recoveries..
6 for tds..

if you havent ever dont it before.. it really is much better.. imho.. dont be scared of it.. it really isnt that hard.. basically you just want guys that get lots of tackles.. like ray lewis.. he is the best defense player,and the first to be drafted every year.. the next group of guys are urlacher, brooking, edwards, ect.. they make IDP cheat sheets and rankings just like they do for offense..

give it a shot ry.. joey (the old team owner) gave up a great set of keepers.. i really couldnt believe he walked away.. but whatever floats your boat i guess.. no pun intented :D

this is the only league i run.. i commish this one.. and then i am in the billszone big money league, a work league for 60$ and another 100$ league. this is the only spot i know of.. but you could join log's league if you like the team defense more.

ryjam282
07-31-2004, 11:49 PM
Yeah, I am thinking about joining Log's league. He is full right now but thinks someone will back out so I will probably get in on it. As far as yours goes, I think I will try a few this year just to see how I like them but I don't wanna throw down a C-note on my first season with one yano. I will get the hang of it and then WATCH OUT!!!!

Ryan

Tatonka
08-01-2004, 12:14 AM
girl

:D

Mr. Cynical
08-01-2004, 01:12 AM
I'm definitely up for another fantasy league...I'm in 2 right now.

Tonk - what do you use to keep score, e.g., Yahoo, ESPN, etc.?

lordofgun
08-01-2004, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by ryjam282
Yeah, I am thinking about joining Log's league. He is full right now but thinks someone will back out so I will probably get in on it. As far as yours goes, I think I will try a few this year just to see how I like them but I don't wanna throw down a C-note on my first season with one yano. I will get the hang of it and then WATCH OUT!!!!

Ryan

I'm NOT full yet! Still a few spots left!

Tatonka
08-01-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
I'm definitely up for another fantasy league...I'm in 2 right now.

Tonk - what do you use to keep score, e.g., Yahoo, ESPN, etc.?

it is a yahoo league.. the scoring is as follows:

Stat Categories: Passing Yards (25 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-2)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Yards (50 yards per point)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)