• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Some of the color fades from camp

COMMENTARY By LARRY FELSER
    Things get serious in the Bills' training camp at St. John Fisher College today. Modern training camps are part county fair, part political convention, with a generous helping of corporate culture thrown in.
    These days it's more of a change of scenery and first donning of pads. There is no offseason, with minicamps a virtual constant and bonuses being paid for attendance at weekly conditioning.

In the old days players wore rubber suits to sweat off the relaxation of the previous six months.
    ...more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Great article. I used to watch the 1960 Bills practice at the Knox Estate in East Aurora, so it brings back some good memories. I once caught an errant kickoff along the sidelines and flipped the ball back to Elbert Dubenion. I think he said something profound like "Thanks, kid."
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
    X