PDA

View Full Version : Lou Holtz Predicts More Success for Clements

The Spaz
08-01-2004, 09:00 AM
Heading into training camp, the Bills are in good shape if Tom Clements’ history is indicative of his future.

Buffalo’s first-year offensive coordinator was a three-year starting quarterback at Notre Dame and guided the Irish to the national championship in 1973. He followed that with a 12-year career in the Canadian Football League with Ottawa, Hamilton and Winnipeg. A seven-time All-Star, Clements helped win two league titles and is in the CFL’s Hall of Fame.

Following a brief law career, Clements returned to the gridiron in ‘92 and became the quarterbacks coach at his alma mater.

"Tom was a lawyer and he wanted to get into coaching," says former Notre Dame and current South Carolina head coach Lou Holtz. "I’ll tell you this, he’s very intelligent and has the ideal temperament to be a coordinator on the professional level. He’s very patient and very aware. I think he’ll do a wonderful job and I’m very happy he’s gotten this opportunity."

A good player doesn’t necessarily always make a good coach. However, in Clements’ case, Holtz feels that his former assistant has and will continue to succeed.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=2620

ryjam282
08-01-2004, 09:06 AM
Wow, if Lou Holtz says it, it will definitely come true :D