PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Jones pays a visit

TigerJ
10-31-2002, 06:32 PM
I didn't see any other thread on this. Apologies if someone beat me to it. WGR radio reports that Marcus Jones visited One Bills Drive today and was impressed with the Bills' (practice and training) facilities.

Remember, he was released from IR by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers a few weeks ago. He is a 29 year old DE who's been productive, and has pretty good size, a former first round pick. If healthy, he could have several good years of football left in him. Chidi Ahanotu is three years older.

JefftheBillsfan
10-31-2002, 08:22 PM
I wouldnt mind seeing into the rotation for the rest of the year and beyond. hey...shobel, jones, chidi is a solid rotation. with pat williams in the middle, and ron edwards not playing all that bad....we all of a sudden have a formidable D-Line. our LBs are getting better, and we have 2 shut down corners. our D is vastly becoming average, which in this case is a very good thing

Novacane
10-31-2002, 08:28 PM
TD should sign him if he is healthy! I thought he was signed by now after being cut a few weeks ago. ESPN was reporting he was close to signing with Redskins shortyly after TB released him. Maybe he was not totally heathy then,

Can't be any worse than what we have now in Office, Chidi, Denny. Bring him in and if he is no good they can cut him.

DIHARD2
10-31-2002, 08:53 PM
What was his injury?

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

Marcos20
10-31-2002, 09:08 PM
bring him ... cant be so bad

Ingtar33
10-31-2002, 09:59 PM
Marcus Jones agent told the Redskins that he was going to sit out this year... he may still be considering sitting out... and is just checking out places he wants to play next year... OR he might have wanted to wait until a good team came calling.

Bert102176
11-01-2002, 12:06 AM
I think he hurt his knee, but not really sure

ublinkwescore
11-01-2002, 01:05 AM
I think we fit the bill as a good team.