X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • natefan22
    • Jul 2004

Mike Williams 2nd string??

a friend of mine was at camp, and he said he saw mike williams playing with the 2nd team, this is obviously a motivational tool..
  • ScottLawrence
    • Jan 2004

Yea it was just reported by Murph on ABC... It was Mularkeys choice not McNallys.

I love this move.... he is obviously basing this on performance. He is making a statement by doing this.
    You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Mularkey said it could change day by day.

Comment

• BillsFever
        Mr. Predictament
        • Feb 2003

If only we wouldn't have made a huge comeback against Carolina at home and we could've had Julius Peppers

They are just trying to knock some sense into him. No way he will be 2nd string when the season starts. To high of a draft pick, to young, and to high of a contract to sit him on the bench after just 2 years.

I'm not ready to give up on him. Hopefully McNally can turn him into something more then a revolving door for DE's.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

I was shocked when I saw that. Marcus Price was starting at RT and Mike Pucillo at LG.

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
            and Mike Pucillo at RG.
            What happened to Villarial?
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
              What happened to Villarial?
              Ooops, I meant LG.

I'm trying to type my report and upload all my pics and post at the same time. Sorry.

Comment

• ZacGriffi~82
                • Jun 2003

Price with first unit: The big surprise in the first practice was that Marcus Price lined up at right tackle with the first unit instead of Mike Williams. Coach Mularkey said not to read too much into it and explained to both players why he did it. Mularkey said it was his call because he wanted to make sure that Price was on page with the rest of the starters and wanted to see where he was at physically. He anticipated Williams practicing with the first unit as early as tomorrow.

-Billsdaily
                www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

OT Williams opens Bills camp with second stringers

Starting offensive tackle Mike Williams has some catching up to do after opening training camp with the Buffalo Bills' second team Sunday.

Rookie coach Mike Mularkey made the surprising demotion and had informed Williams about the move before the start of camp after the player missed several minicamp sessions in June for personal reasons.

In replacing Williams with veteran backup Marcus Price, Mularkey said he expects Williams to win back his job, but not until the former first-round draft pick shows he's in shape and familiar with the playbook.
                  ..more
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• HenryRules
                    • Jul 2002

I don't like hearing that Williams is coming in out of shape.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

Originally posted by HenryRules
                      I don't like hearing that Williams is coming in out of shape.
                      He's been a major disappointment so far in his career. I hope this coaching staff can build a fire under his huge and lazy butt.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Bills: Message received, says benched tackle Williams

Mike Williams has lost his starting job at right tackle for the Buffalo Bills. Whether the move is merely temporary or permanent is up to Williams, coach Mike Mularkey said.
                        In a bold move on the first day of training camp at St. John Fisher College by the rookie coach, Mularkey had 10th-year backup Marcus Price run drills with the first unit over Williams, the fourth overall pick in the 2002 draft whose first two seasons have been lukewarm at best.

Williams missed Buffalo's entire three weeks of voluntary workouts in June when installation of the team's new offense was completed, and Price is more ready to play, Mularkey explained. He said it's up to Williams to catch up, physically and mentally. And while Mularkey foresees that happening, he said Williams won't start until, “I get to a level of confidence that we're all on the same page.”
                        ...more

Comment

• ryjam282
                          Offical Billszone Starting QB
                          • Mar 2003

I tell you what though. Maybe this will be a shot in the ass for him and he will start living up to his potential.....Remember last year when they brought him in on a goalline situation against New England? Now that was cool to see, over 1 ton in the middle. (Pat, Mike, Sam)

Ryan Withey
                          Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Jul 2002

This is also Price's tryout for next year, if Jennings walks.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                              Give me a minute...
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                              This is also Price's tryout for next year, if Jennings walks.
                              Good point...

none of it matters until 9/12 at 1:00PM...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Working...
                              X