X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Pete Kendall anyone

Pete Kendall was released by the Cardinals could we use him?

The Arizona Cardinals released center Pete Kendall on Sunday, less than three weeks after new coach Dennis Green installed the eight-year veteran as a starter.
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

if he is healthy.. absolutely sign him.. he is not too old.. he is a former first round pick by seattle.. sure.. throw him in there and see if he can beat out teague.

assuming his shoulder is fine.. the article mentions that he may have been cut because he complained about green breaking the rules with the OTAs.. costing them a week of practice.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ScottLawrence
      • Jan 2004

Definitly sign him.... From what I've heard from other people is that he can play LG/C, he played it in Seattle and has been the most consistent lineman on the Cardinals for the past couple years.

If he was signed he would definitly start at LG.

I say we should go after him.
      You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

I'll take almost any vet for the minimum...sign him.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• ryjam282
          Offical Billszone Starting QB
          • Mar 2003

I agree with Eb, competition is great. Who knows, he could shine with a chance.

Ryan Withey
          Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
            • Mar 2004

Don't know if it matters, but I think Kendall is on waivers so he would either have to clear waivers or we put a claim in on him.

Not sure wha the ramifications would be if we put a claim in on him and got him, and i have a suspicion that he won't clear waivers.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
              • Jul 2003

As a vested veteran, Kendall does not have to clear waivers.

He is an unrestricted FA.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

sign him!
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                  • Mar 2004

I've been reading about him in the many many preview mags i have... they all really like this guy. some even rave about him.

The sporting news mag listed him as an elite center and said he played at a pro bowl level at C last year until he was injured for the last 3 games.

HMMMMMMM...

before that he was a guard... so:
                  Jennings
                  Williams
                  Kendall
                  Villarial
                  Teague

backups- Price, Tucker, Sullivan and Pucillo (Teague Backs up center and if he must move Price takes his spot)

or
                  Jennings
                  Kendall
                  Teague
                  Villarial
                  Williams

Kendall back up teague, Tucker or someone backs up G's and Proce backs up T's.

we end up with a solid line with depth!

SIGN HIM!

Comment

• ZacGriffi~82
                    • Jun 2003

Is this why the bills but kahlil carter? To make room for this guy?
                    www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                      • Mar 2004

Some of the magazine quotes about Kendall:

"Center Pete Kendall is the anchor. He made a smooth transition from guard last year and was playing at a pro bowl level until a late-season injury." ~ The Sporting News

"Made successful transition from left guard last year until season ended by injuries. a warrior." ~ Lindy's

"Pete Kendall moved to center for the first time in his pro career last year and got better as the season progressed, seamlessly adjusting to the position wiht his smarts and work ethic." ~ Pro Football Weekly

pretty much goes on like that....

He's 29 by the way.. and it was a shoulder injury that kept him out.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ZacGriffi~82
                        Is this why the bills but kahlil carter? To make room for this guy?
                        No, they cut him because he sucked. He was jsut taking up space. plys they cut him before this happened.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
                          "Made successful transition from left guard last year until season ended by injuries. a warrior." ~ Lindy's
                          don't know much about Lindy's but Kendall has to be better than Tucker or Pucillo.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                            Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                            • Mar 2003

He is wayyy better than those scrubs. Sign him now! He's been anchoring the Cards line for some time now, plus he's only 29, and he's a consistent 90+ in madden and ESPN, and we could probably get him for much cheaper than market value. I'd bet ZB's McNallly could get him into the pro bowl, as a G or C. I'd prefer C, cuz Teague would be great depth on the line, but G would be fine too, if Tucker can't cut it.

Please TD!! Make it happen!
                            "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                            -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Billsouth
                              • Jul 2002

spaz... u talk about understatement. we could use howard simon on our o line
                              "once a raider always a raider"

Comment

Working...
                              X