PDA

View Full Version : Gildon will be the starter.. you watch.

Tatonka
08-01-2004, 09:57 PM
Today, Mularkey said..

On Jason Gildon:

"Jason Gildon is a specimen. If you look at him physically, you'd never know the age. His weight and body fat is incredible, his conditioning is unbelievable and he's a smart player. He has a new system he's learning and he knows he has to roll with this team, and we're not throwing the whole package at him, he's just learning a specific thing so he should come up to par fast."

i think that he and posey will push each other hard.. and not having the job handed to him will make gildon play all that much better.. he is going to be a great addition to our defense.

The Spaz
08-01-2004, 10:01 PM
It sure won't bother me, if he's better then he's better and can only help!:up:

gimpy
08-02-2004, 02:01 AM
if Gildon starts it will be at LDE..

Jan Reimers
08-02-2004, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by gimpy
if Gildon starts it will be at LDE..

He's not big enough or good enough against the run to be a full time DE. If he doesn't beat out Posey for a starting LB spot, he will be a situational pass rusher, either from the LB or LDE position.

ryjam282
08-02-2004, 07:11 AM
It will be very interesting to see what they do with him. I can't wait till it all pans out cause we will be all the better off with him.

Mr. Miyagi
08-02-2004, 08:29 AM
I sure hope he'll be he starter, since Posey wasn't the best last year.

DraftBoy
08-02-2004, 08:43 AM
I agree I think he'll be beating out Posey for the starting OLB and I think that may help Posey with his pass rushing.