PDA

View Full Version : Bengals Fans Aren't Talkin'

Jas122
07-27-2002, 01:07 PM
Well, I went over to the Bengal fans message boards at mikebrownsucks.com. Now in my own house, among my own people, I'll talk a little smack...you know, for the sake of entertainment. However when in another teams message boards, I try to be respectful, friendly, and enter into intelligent and thought out discussion (while being honest at the same time). Yet it has been two days and I've recieved ZERO responses to my post there. How sad :( . They seem quite content to talk about the Reds....a baseball team...on a football message board! That is nearly as shameful as their team has been over the years. It stands to reason I suppose...but with the game right around the corner, AUG 9, I was hoping for some good exchange.

Anyone here got a take on the game? Or would you rather talk Mets or something ;) .

The_Philster
07-27-2002, 01:17 PM
Bengals fans are a rare breed, Jas. When I was on usenet, I'd spend time on the oppositions' newsgroups and usually got some decent discussion from time to time. The two major differences were the Colts (they had no one spening time on usenet) and the Bengals (they spent more time talking about how overrated Sweetness was than the game while I was there).

BTW, love your sig.....one of my all-time favorite movies :up:

Except that it's Aykroyd with an extra "y"

Jas122
07-27-2002, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the spelling tip Philster...I'm so embarrassed :baghead: I fixed it

What is usenet? Is that a good way to dialogue with the opposition (enemy if you will :) )?

The_Philster
07-27-2002, 01:35 PM
usenet is the easiest way of dealing with message boards...the message boards are found on Google.com and are easily downloaded and read through a news reader. Outlook Express has one equipped in it but your ISP would have to be subscribed to the news services. Beyond that, there are a few other newsreaders out there. I wouldn't recommend it, though. I spent a couple years on the Bills newsgroup and we were a perfect example of how easy it is to access it...we had the worst people there....and they're supposedly Bills fans, too. Instead of talking football, they stuck to personal attacks. That's a big reason I switched first to the Range and now here to the Zone...much more friendly users and better overall football talk.

as far as the speling, don't worry about it. I probably would have spelled it the same way if I didn't have two autographs fro the guy. ;)

Jas122
07-27-2002, 01:40 PM
Thanks, maybe I'll just stay with what I've got then.

BTW, do you have to live in or near Buffalo to join the helmet crew, or can you be a satalite member? :D

Jas122
07-27-2002, 02:14 PM
Hey, I actually got a reply! It proves how correct you are though Philster.....check it out

I actually went on the Bills website to see what they look like this year. It really did not mention much about improvments you all have made this year other than Drew Bloodclot at QB.

I was only on there for 10 min. because I saw and remembered that you have Reggie Germany as one of your WR. I laughed and closed out. Reggie could not even hold onto a Belasorryass toss while at OSU...how do you expect him to catch a rocket from Drew? The boy has got talent, but he's got stone hands.

One other thing...the game is Aug. 9th not Jan. 9th so that evens things up there weather wise. It will be sold out as always up there.

As for licking wounds.....isn't that what all Buffalo fans are still doing over Scott Norway. Uh-Oh..I said the N word!!!

TIITR

They really aren't interested in football are they? Attempted research leads to stuff like this.

The_Philster
07-27-2002, 05:01 PM
You can be any type of member you want. The main rules are that if in Buffalo, you have to "touch the helmet for luck." Or, if you're away from Buffalo, do the same with one of those mini-helmets if you have one. ;)
Speaking of the Helmet, it apparently lost all its charge last year and the Helmet Crew's annual trip to Canton for the HOF inductions will include the Helmet itself......we need to take it to the Holy Land of NFL football to recharge. :D

As far as newsgroups/usenet...you are MUCH better off staying away. There's at least one member here and one other over at the Range who both know how bad it can get. It's only for those who can deal with obnoxious habitual liars on a regualr basis. i got sick of it all finally.

Jas122
07-27-2002, 05:19 PM
:clap:

Then count me in .... if you'll have me.:usa:
;)

The_Philster
07-27-2002, 06:07 PM
Well...there is one last requirement, jas.
You have to root for the Bills :D

Jas122
07-30-2002, 11:24 AM
:spit: No problem, I've got 13 years experience in rooting for the Bills :up: