X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Bills report: Notes, quotes

--Alex Van Pelt, the Bills' longtime backup quarterback who is moving into the team's radio broadcast booth, is in training, doing mock broadcasts. "I've been doing a lot of practice, trying to get a feel for the process," Van Pelt said. "I've been around this game a long time. I know the ins and outs of football. I've seen some of the best play and you get a great view from the sidelines." Now it's from the press box.

--Ever wonder what positions on a football team are most similar in terms of athleticism? Rusty Jones, the Bills director of physical development, divides the team into three groups when devising conditioning and weight-lifting programs: offensive and defensive linemen; linebackers, tight ends and running backs; wide receivers, quarterbacks, defensive backs, kickers and punters. "This team is in great shape," Jones told the Bills' website. "With the improvements in technology and training programs in the past few years, this team has really taken advantage of that."
    more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

Re: Bills report: Notes, quotes

[i]Rusty Jones, the Bills director of physical development, divides the team into three groups when devising conditioning and weight-lifting programs: offensive and defensive linemen; linebackers, tight ends and running backs; wide receivers, quarterbacks, defensive backs, kickers and punters. [/B]

Isn't that 10 groups and not three?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
      Isn't that 10 groups and not three?
      The semi-colons divide the 3 groups.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ryjam282
        Offical Billszone Starting QB
        • Mar 2003

Sounds good to me. We will see how it works out.

Ryan Withey
        Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
          • Mar 2004

Now.. where does Henry falll? I mean i know he's a RB, but he was all-state weightlifiting in FLorida in High school and I hear he can outbench most of the Linemen.

Comment

Working...
          X