PDA

View Full Version : Bills report: Notes, quotes

The_Philster
08-02-2004, 05:00 AM
--Alex Van Pelt, the Bills' longtime backup quarterback who is moving into the team's radio broadcast booth, is in training, doing mock broadcasts. "I've been doing a lot of practice, trying to get a feel for the process," Van Pelt said. "I've been around this game a long time. I know the ins and outs of football. I've seen some of the best play and you get a great view from the sidelines." Now it's from the press box.

--Ever wonder what positions on a football team are most similar in terms of athleticism? Rusty Jones, the Bills director of physical development, divides the team into three groups when devising conditioning and weight-lifting programs: offensive and defensive linemen; linebackers, tight ends and running backs; wide receivers, quarterbacks, defensive backs, kickers and punters. "This team is in great shape," Jones told the Bills' website. "With the improvements in technology and training programs in the past few years, this team has really taken advantage of that." ...
more (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/BUF/7544371)

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-02-2004, 05:54 AM
[i]Rusty Jones, the Bills director of physical development, divides the team into three groups when devising conditioning and weight-lifting programs: offensive and defensive linemen; linebackers, tight ends and running backs; wide receivers, quarterbacks, defensive backs, kickers and punters. [/B]

Isn't that 10 groups and not three?

Jan Reimers
08-02-2004, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
Isn't that 10 groups and not three?

The semi-colons divide the 3 groups.

ryjam282
08-02-2004, 07:10 AM
Sounds good to me. We will see how it works out.

Canadian'eh!
08-02-2004, 07:24 AM
Now.. where does Henry falll? I mean i know he's a RB, but he was all-state weightlifiting in FLorida in High school and I hear he can outbench most of the Linemen.