Mike Williams at Guard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stewie
    Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
    • Aug 2002

Mike Williams at Guard?

"Though OL coach Jim McNally told PFW that mammoth ORT Mike Williams may ultimately serve the team best as a guard, using his size and power to help neutralize space-eating DTs like Ted Washington, McNally admitted that his ability to make changes has been restricted. Because he’s in his first year with the Bills as part of Mike Mular_key’s initial staff, McNally told PFW that it wasn’t in the best interests of a Buffalo team with high expectations to overhaul the O-line. “You screw up any consistency they once had if you move too many people around,” McNally said. “It would be OK if we were an expansion team and people _didn’t expect much. Then, you (could) have some trial and error.”

Originally posted by Topdog
    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    I love Weiner.
    also cheese
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Ok... this scares me a little.

You just dont pay that type of money for a left guard.

Either it says MW isnt playing well, or they have lost all hope for any other Guard to step forward and take the position.

Comment

• ryjam282
      Offical Billszone Starting QB
      • Mar 2003

I agree, this is kinda scary. I mean I am sure he could do the job well but not at that kind of money....Will be interesting to watch.

Ryan Withey
      Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

screw scary.. what is more scary.. pucillo at LG.. after watching how horrible he was.. and mike williams at RT, who can run block great, but get killed by Ogun and other speed rushers?

OR

williams at LG... massive man that anyone would have trouble getting around.. and Price at RT, who has done nothing but play great every time we have asked him to step up??

What I dont like hear is that mcnally has been somewhat restricted in what he can do because he is in his first year with the bills..

PUT THE BEST PLAYERS ON THE LINE!!!
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Fairway To Green
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka

although we picked Williams way to high if he's not gonna pan out at tackle

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
            • Mar 2004

At this point, is it really worth having poor protection on the RT side because we insist on keeping Williams there? If he could be very good at Guard i say put him there and put somen better at RT. who cares where he was picked or how much he gets paid if he is hurting the team?

I'd rather have a good but overpaid guard than a bad but (still overpaid if he's bad) Tackle.

Big Mike could be very good at pulling in run blocking wiht his athleticicm, and he doesn't make as much as Reuben did.

Comment

• ryjam282
              Offical Billszone Starting QB
              • Mar 2003

What I dont like hear is that mcnally has been somewhat restricted in what he can do because he is in his first year with the bills..

That is true. I hope the guy that works with them all the time has a say in things.

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
              At this point, is it really worth having poor protection on the RT side because we insist on keeping Williams there? If he could be very good at Guard i say put him there and put somen better at RT. who cares where he was picked or how much he gets paid if he is hurting the team?

I'd rather have a good but overpaid guard than a bad but (still overpaid if he's bad) Tackle.

Big Mike could be very good at pulling in run blocking wiht his athleticicm, and he doesn't make as much as Reuben did.
              Your right, Teague is getting paid too much also to play Center. I think Big Mike at LG would make that side of the line, un-penetrable (is that a word)

Ryan Withey
              Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
                I agree with Canadian. The problem for me is, if we move MW to guard, who the hell is going to play LT to literally watch Drew's back???

Comment

• Stewie
                  Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                  • Aug 2002

s

I agree. I hope he's playing politically correct to the media.
                  Originally posted by Topdog
                  Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                  I love Weiner.
                  also cheese

Comment

• The Natrix
                    • Jul 2002

With Bledsoe at QB, this line better come together.

Byrd.

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

McNally's job is to coach the players the HC job is too see who plays.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Marcus Price the guy has been nothing short of great for this team and stepped up everytime he's been asked could be a guy Id replace Big Mike with to answer your question MM.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                          I agree with Canadian. The problem for me is, if we move MW to guard, who the hell is going to play LT to literally watch Drew's back???
                          Jonas Jennings! As per the last couple years.

Comment

• tomdonahoe
                            • May 2004

When I started a thread a few months ago suggesting moving Williams to LG I got ripped to pieces by everyone here. I still say regardless of salary you have to put the best five out there. IMO Pucillo is not among that group.

LT - Jennings
                            LG - Williams
                            C- Teague
                            RG- Vill
                            RT - Price

This is our best five; forget salary, thats my (TD) job to worry about.
                            Tommy D.
                            The Voice of Reason

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

i think he was reffering to after this year, because jennings is a FA.. and will most likely be gone..

i say move price to LG next year.. and draft another RT. if mike doesnt step up.

i dont see how williams could be anything other than a great guard.. i mean.. he is huge.. and with two guys on either side.. people cant beat him with the speed rush.. which is what kills him.
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X