PDA

View Full Version : Mike Williams---$3mil roster bonus next year...

Ebenezer
08-02-2004, 12:56 PM
AND in 2006....think this has anything to do with his "demotion"???????

JefftheBillsfan
08-02-2004, 01:07 PM
maybe they really are toying with the idea of putting him at LG, they just wanted to see how price would fit in full time?

Novacane
08-02-2004, 01:16 PM
shoulda taken Mckinnie

Canadian'eh!
08-02-2004, 01:20 PM
WHy? Levie Jones has been the best of all the OT's taken.. and they ripped the Bengals for taking him too high.

As for The 3 mill. Don't fool yourself. It all depends on how well WIliams plays this year. If he continues to struggle, it probably won't be paid out. The demotion isn't gonna stic. it was a wake up call for a day or 2 but he'll be starting on our line SOMEWHERE, I guarantee you.

Novacane
08-02-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
WHy? Levie Jones has been the best of all the OT's taken.. and they ripped the Bengals for taking him too high.

because he has outplayed williams. this is his season to prove he is not a bust

mchurchfie
08-02-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
AND in 2006....think this has anything to do with his "demotion"???????
Nope...he will be starting and will be twice as good this year under McNally.:up:

nolimit
08-02-2004, 01:28 PM
mckinnie was the better of the two. TD's pride was just too much for him to overcome and grab a more talented loud mouth. I guess I cant blame him but Mike has been a dissappointment. .

Michael82
08-02-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by mchurchfie
Nope...he will be starting and will be twice as good this year under McNally.:up:

And Chris Villarrial will teach him how to get nasty at the LOS. I think we'll see a mean, nasty Mike Williams and that is a nice combo.

bernielivsey_1
08-02-2004, 01:30 PM
:awm: McNally + Williams = Pro Bowl :bf1:

Michael82
08-02-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by bernielivsey_1
:awm: McNally + Williams = Pro Bowl :bf1:

I hope so. :pray:

tampabay25690
08-02-2004, 01:32 PM
I think Mike Williams will be just fine, and I will be honest when he was drafted I was happy along with most of us Bills fans that we drafted him instead of McKinney, he was just a MOUTH!!!!!

Williams will be starting again soon and he will be fine!!!!

Novacane
08-02-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by tampabay25690
I think Mike Williams will be just fine, and I will be honest when he was drafted I was happy along with most of us Bills fans that we drafted him instead of McKinney, he was just a MOUTH!!!!!

Williams will be starting again soon and he will be fine!!!!

We'll see. I'll give him a pass on the first 2 years since he had morons coaching him. If he was worth a #4 pick we need to see huge strides this year

Ebenezer
08-02-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
We'll see. I'll give him a pass on the first 2 years since he had morons coaching him. If he was worth a #4 pick we need to see huge strides this year

sadly, we have no clue what any of that line can do thanks to those two morons and the chief moron GW...

The_Philster
08-02-2004, 04:02 PM
shoulda taken Mckinnie

McKinnie didn't want to be here

Novacane
08-02-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
McKinnie didn't want to be here

either did Kelly. Whats the point?

Tatonka
08-02-2004, 04:18 PM
mckinnie?? the ***** that held out for more than half the season? the guy that called out buffalo specifically and said that he didnt want to play here?

you gotta be kidding me.

RedEyE
08-02-2004, 04:23 PM
Hind sight is 20/20.

Let's let this thing pan itself out before we start wishing for guys we could have drafted in place of Williams.

The_Philster
08-02-2004, 04:29 PM
either did Kelly. Whats the point?

The point is that Donahoe said the first day he was president of he team that if a player or coach didn't want to be here, he wasn't going to be...he wouldn't pursue anyone who was driving up their asking price to unreasonable levels.

HenryRules
08-02-2004, 09:31 PM
At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if Williams is better or worse than McKinnie. What matters is, was Williams worth the 4th overall pick? If McKinnie goes on to a HOF career and Williams makes every other pro bowl, I'll still be happy we picked Mike.

Right now? Well, Row Williams would look damned nice in our secondary.

Dozerdog
08-02-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
mckinnie?? the ***** that held out for more than half the season? the guy that called out buffalo specifically and said that he didnt want to play here?

you gotta be kidding me.

The grass is always greener ......nobody was screaming "McKinnie" when he was killing buffalo or holding out against the Vikes

Hemlepp53
08-02-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by mchurchfie

Agreed... McNally will get him is shape and more suitable for our needs

Hermanator21
08-02-2004, 11:43 PM
Lets not forget that Big Mike never played along side of anything! Ruben played LG and who have we had at RG since we drafted Big Mike?(Pucillo,Sullivan, and Tucker).... And who was coaching this man ?He was put in the worst spot to start a NFL career....Lets see what a good coach and a better football player(Villarrial) to play next too can do.....Whoes to say that Mckinne or Jones could have been in the same position Big Mike was in after being drafted,and I wonder if their names would be considered a Bust...I am willing to give him this year to prove that he was worth a #4 pick and I think he will........Which means NASTY things for ALL opposing defenses to look forward to when they play us!!!!!!!Now that Ricky has smoked him self out of the NFL I really feal we have a shot at atleast 10-6 maybe even 11-5 now and I am PUMPED for this season, but it all starts w/ that O-line: :scratch: :pray: :pray:

ryjam282
08-03-2004, 06:35 AM
I agree with Hermanator. A man of that size just can't be that bad. I know he will be better this year especially with a coach who will actually earn his money.