PDA

View Full Version : Lester Enters 18th Season with Bills

The Spaz
08-02-2004, 02:02 PM
Chuck Lester has been a constant with the Buffalo Bills for nearly two decades as a member of the defensive coaching staff. He comes to work everyday with a smile on his face and a goal in his heart, to win a Super Bowl for Chairman Ralph Wilson and the city of Buffalo.

He has survived four coaching staffs and has worked just as hard for every one of them. Lester and Rusty Jones, the Bills Director of Physical Development, are the lone coaches left from those great Super Bowl teams of the early 1990s. Though Lester has had many opportunities for advancement over the years, his love for the area and for the Buffalo Bills have kept him coming to One Bills Drive day in and day out.

"I've been here with four head coaches now," Lester said. "It's difficult to say good-bye to a lot of people when they leave. Marv Levy's staff was a bit older and a lot of those guys were like father-figures to me. They were all mentors to me. It's difficult to lose them, but it's good as a growing experience as far as the game is concerned because you get to learn different philosophies."

Lester has had to opportunity to coach with some of the best coaches in the NFL, including Hall of Famer, Marv Levy, Ted Cottrell, Ted Marchibroda, Dan Henning and Wade Phillips to only name a few of the countless men that have helped him along the way.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=2626

G. Host
08-02-2004, 07:08 PM
The fact that he survived that many staff cuts means a combination of three things:
1. He is a very good coach
2. He does not get paid very much
3. He knows where alll the bones are buried