The NFL is getting carried away.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

The NFL is getting carried away.............

with these fines. This is football not ballet! It's a rough game.

The NFL has fined Eagles' safety Brian Dawkins $50,000 for his third-quarter hit on Giants' WR Ike Hilliard on Monday night, ESPN's John Clayton reported.
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Houston Texans defensive tackle Gary Walker was fined $15,000 on Friday for his helmet-to-helmet hit on Jaguars quarterback Mark Brunell.

Walker drilled Brunell as he released the ball during Houston's 21-19 win over Jacksonville last Sunday. Walker was then penalized 15 yards for roughing the passer.

Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Cntrygal
      Visually stunning but camera-shy.
      • Jul 2002

NFL cracking down on illegal hits

John Lynch, Tampa Bay’s perennial Pro Bowl safety, was fined early in his career for a helmet-to-helmet hit. “That’s the way I was taught,” Lynch complained to Rich McKay, the team’s general manager. “THEN LEARN THE OTHER WAY,” replied McKay, who as co-chairman of the NFL’s competition committee had a major role in developing the league’s safety policy.
      In a season when fines and suspensions for dangerous hits are being emphasized as never before, Lynch is one safety who hasn’t been disciplined.
      But the crackdown on unsafe hits is making many defenders unlearn what they’ve been taught since childhood: turn themselves into guided missiles heading straight for receivers.

MSNBC breaking news and the latest news for today. Get daily news from local news reporters and world news updates with live audio & video from our team.
      Originally posted by notacon
      The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

i can understand protecting the players but they have to play football.people are going to get hit and people are going to get hurt.
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
        X