PDA

View Full Version : First step is a success for McGahee

The_Philster
08-02-2004, 03:12 PM
At 4:10 Sunday afternoon, under a high and intense August sun, Willis McGahee took the first handoff in the first team drill of his first training camp with the Buffalo Bills. He cut to his left, darted upfield and gained 5 yards before defensive contact was made, a two-handed touch.
There was nothing special about the jaunt, nothing extraordinary. All by itself, the run was mundane, one of thousands of short bursts that will be made by hundreds of running backs in NFL training camps this summer. Yet the moment itself was a milestone, a mountain scaled, because who thought 19 months ago that McGahee would be in an NFL training camp looking fleet and crisp as ever? ...more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20040802/3030900.asp)

Bulldog
08-02-2004, 03:21 PM
"Coaching is giving me the ball and just setting me loose, and it's all up to me right now," McGahee said. "I'm feeling pretty good. I just go out there, a free spirit, (and) just make it happen."

This is the best quote from that article. Sounds like WM is ready to let it rip.