PDA

View Full Version : Impact of Moulds' injury(last year)

Philagape
08-02-2004, 03:48 PM
Interesting 2003 stat that was in the D&C Sunday camp section:

Before Moulds' injury:
3-2 record (one of those losses was without Henry)
22.2 points per game
217 passing yards per game

After Moulds' injury:
3-8
12 PPG
145 PYPG

The article pointed out how easy it was to defend against an offense with a hobbled Moulds and no alternative threat: stacking against the run, and then evenly spreading out the coverage, forcing Drew to take a lot of time in the pocket.

It doesn't look like it was posted.

tomdonahoe
08-02-2004, 03:50 PM
Man, you scared me with your choice of title for this thread. I thought something happened to him. Next time try not to give me a heart attack by carefully choosing your thread titles.

RedEyE
08-02-2004, 03:53 PM
No *****! Freaked me out for a second.

Philagape
08-02-2004, 03:55 PM
Sorry!

Ickybaluky
08-02-2004, 06:47 PM
Of course, Moulds was healthy (along with Peerless Price) for the 2nd half of 2002 and the team went 3-5.

Tatonka
08-02-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by NE39
Of course, Moulds was healthy (along with Peerless Price) for the 2nd half of 2002 and the team went 3-5.

exactly.. our offense was in the tank LONG before moulds got hurt.. it only reason that the average while he was healthy last year was at 22ppg is because we scored 31 points against a lost NE team that was obviously morning the lose of milloy.. and a jaguars team that had a new head coach and offense..

buffmaniac
08-02-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
exactly.. our offense was in the tank LONG before moulds got hurt.. it only reason that the average while he was healthy last year was at 22ppg is because we scored 31 points against a lost NE team that was obviously morning the lose of milloy.. and a jaguars team that had a new head coach and offense..

But you have to admit that losing Moulds was a pretty big hit for our offense last year. He was a big time recieving option. When we lost him, we didn't have too much else.

BTW, Did anyone see Empire's report on Moulds? They talked about how how he looks bigger and faster than ever. Troy Vincent even said that he felt Moulds was one of the top 5 WRs in the league. I got a feeling that Moulds is going to have a very big year this season.

HenryRules
08-02-2004, 09:24 PM
Blaming an unproductive offense on the injury of one player is the same thing as saying that you're team wasn't good enough to begin with. Injuries happen over the course of a season. Every single year, every team gets injuries to its key players. The only teams that don't get injuries to really good players are teams that don't have really good players - like us when we were 3-13.

I don't think that Moulds injury was a big hit because I think it should have been something that was planned for.

(Basing an offense on no one getting injured is like drawing up a game plan that will only work if your QB doesn't throw any incompletions. If he throws 1 incompletion, did that ruin your offense? No, it was the stupid plan that required him to complete every pass)

Goobylal
08-03-2004, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by HenryRules
Blaming an unproductive offense on the injury of one player is the same thing as saying that you're team wasn't good enough to begin with.
You mean like blaming an offense for the play of the QB, when it's MORE than just the QB that makes a team? Hmmmm.

As for the topic of discussion, the Bills lost 4 games last year by 4 or fewer points. I'd dare say that Moulds is worth 4 points a game.