PDA

View Full Version : Bills OT Williams excused from practice

The_Philster
08-02-2004, 06:47 PM
Offensive tackle Mike Williams was excused from the second of two Buffalo Bills' practice sessions on Monday for what the team referred to as personal reasons.

Without going into detail, team spokesman Scott Berchtold said Williams' absence was not injury related. He added that coach Mike Mularkey indicated the former first-round draft pick could be back for Tuesday's session.

Berchtold said Williams was still on the St. John Fisher College campus, the Bills training camp site in suburban Rochester....more (http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2004/08/02/sports1848EDT0433.DTL)

LtBillsFan66
08-02-2004, 06:49 PM
Ruben had "personal" problems too. Remember?

Mr. Cynical
08-02-2004, 07:05 PM
Things that make you go "hmmm"......

bf1 - do you guys meet on Sundays in NYC? I used to go to Blondie's on the upper west side (it is a few blocks away from my apt)

The_Philster
08-02-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical

bf1 - do you guys meet on Sundays in NYC? I used to go to Blondie's on the upper west side (it is a few blocks away from my apt)

McFadden's
800 2nd Avenue (at 42nd Street)
New York, NY

Mr. Cynical
08-02-2004, 07:11 PM
Thanks Phil. Do you live in NYC?

LtBillsFan66
08-02-2004, 07:12 PM

Yes. We meet whenever there's a game. We've had up to 450 people come. Sadly, it depends on how they're playing. I would imagine if the Bills make a playoff run, we'll get close to 600 - in which case, we have contingency plan. They own Calico Jacks too (right next door). So we'll have 2 whole bars in some cases!

Blondies HAS good wings, but we're working on improving ours. We're meeting with the owners again on Wednesday. In addition we'll have a full football menu this year - not just wings.

You HAVE to check us out. There's nothing better than getting together with ALL Bills fans. Having the shout song play after each score.

So it's a quick subway ride for you. Easy walk from Grand Central.

We also have a huge tailgate each year at the Meadowlands for the Jets vs. Bills. Last season we had 2 - Giants game. This year it'll be bigger than ever. There is no greater pleasure than seeing the Jets fans faces when they see hundreds of Bills fans gathered in one spot.

That's my sales pitch. :)

LtBillsFan66
08-02-2004, 07:14 PM

Poke around here:
http://www.nycbbb.com/

I live on Long Island. Woodmere.

I'm Matt Soreco. :)

The_Philster
08-02-2004, 07:14 PM

no...just seen BF1 talk about it often enough :D

Mr. Cynical
08-02-2004, 07:16 PM
Saw this review on McFadden's:

"The Only Place to Go"
Posted by divacnfp on 02/06/2004

the food is much better than you'd expect for a midtown pub, and the weekend parties are always crazy, but the service was probably the best. the waitresses are cool and will chat with you and be honest - and they're hot! hello!"

What more can a guy want? ;)

LtBillsFan66
08-02-2004, 07:19 PM
:rofl:

Yup!

Mr. Cynical
08-02-2004, 08:56 PM
Thanks Matt! :D

I definitely will check out the nycbb site. I can't tell you how much it SUCKS to be around freakin' Giants fans (worse than Jets fans, IMO) all the time when trying to watch a game at a bar. The thought of being with a bunch of Bills' fans for ONCE sounds awesome! :up:

I do have one small request though. Can you convince the owner of McFadden's to get in some Genny cream? NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING goes better with wings than GENNY CREAM!!!

:cheers: :party: :beer:

Yeah ok, I know. The beer, in fact, sucks. You should have seen the faces of all the bartenders when I asked for it last time I was in Buffalo. But what can I say...for some strange Twilight Zone kinda reason it just seems to taste really great with wings (as long as it is ICE cold, that is)

I'm psyched for the season to get here. :up:

HenryRules
08-02-2004, 09:28 PM
I find it strange that the day after Williams says he's going to bust his ass to get back in there with the first team, he ends up taking practice.

It's just like when you say, "Tonight I'm going on that diet ... nah, make that tomorrow."

Mr. Cynical
08-03-2004, 11:59 AM
So Matt, what do ya think the chances are of getting that Genny cream are? ;)