PDA

View Full Version : mike hollis at training camp?

Tatonka
08-02-2004, 11:09 PM
someone on bb.com posted that they saw mike hollis at training camp today.. in plain clothes.. any word on this??

The Natrix
08-02-2004, 11:11 PM
I would be nice. We would have a real kicker once again.

LtBillsFan66
08-02-2004, 11:17 PM
I don't remember Hollis lighting it up any more than Lindell.

The Natrix
08-02-2004, 11:18 PM
He didn't light it up, but at least he didn't suck.

The Spaz
08-02-2004, 11:18 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/uploads/photo/9DEFE887819849D3B333084CE1EFAD41.jpg
<b>Mike Hollis</b>

The Natrix
08-02-2004, 11:19 PM
He came through big in the Vikings game. Lindell would of shanked it.

LtBillsFan66
08-02-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
He came through big in the Vikings game. Lindell would of shanked it.

Came through or lucked out? I remember a doink off the crossbar.

The Spaz
08-02-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
Came through or lucked out? I remember a doink off the crossbar.

It was clutch either way it was good and that's what mattered. Lindell sure better step up this year.

The Natrix
08-02-2004, 11:21 PM
I remember a doink off the crossbar.

I called it awe-ing the crowd.

LtBillsFan66
08-02-2004, 11:24 PM
Well it awed me. That was one of the most exciting games the last few years.

The Natrix
08-02-2004, 11:27 PM
Well it awed me. That was one of the most exciting games the last few years.

It was a classic "Drew racking up the yards on a crappy D."

We should have won by 23.

Canadian'eh!
08-02-2004, 11:54 PM
At least Hollis could kick it over 40 yards.

And he had a very solid year for us... Lindell flat out stinks

The Natrix
08-02-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
Lindell flat out stinks

And you call yourself a Bills Fan :shakeno:

HAMMER
08-03-2004, 01:59 AM
That was one of the most entertaining games ever played!

bills_7
08-03-2004, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by HAMMER
That was one of the most entertaining games ever played!

i won $200 on pro line..... and bought my bledsoe jersey the nxt day.... great game

mikemac2001
08-03-2004, 02:52 AM
i was at work watching that game on 5 inch TV great game, couldnt tell if it boinked in or not. Hollis Was more accurate, think lindell had a rough span of kicks, I think he will do better this year.

Mr. Miyagi
08-03-2004, 06:09 AM
Hollis has the accuracy, but his legs are getting old and has no distance.

Lindell is a young dude and has the legs. Accuracy he can work on.

I'm behind Lindell.

ryjam282
08-03-2004, 06:32 AM
I think Lindell will be fine. I am willing to give him one more chance at it.

Tatonka
08-03-2004, 07:38 AM

:snicker:

Originally posted by mikemac2001
i was at work watching that game on 5 inch TV great game, couldnt tell if it boinked in or not. Hollis Was more accurate, think lindell had a rough span of kicks, I think he will do better this year.

lindell was 3-9 over 40 yards.. that is painful. i will give him one year of "it was the KICKERS injuries that effected his play".. after that.. all bets are off.

but the question still remains.. wtf is hollis doing dressed up in bills gear hanging out at bills camp? i mean.. we offered him a great deal.. and he laughed at us.. then promptly went to the giants and got hurt and never played last year.. but he made some assinine statements about TDs offer.. i am just surprised to see him around.

maybe he is just a fan.

G. Host
08-03-2004, 07:50 AM
He is doing a VOLUNTEER kickers coach position hence he is in Bills gear just like a former Bills WR Charles Johnson is. NFL/NFLPA have a deal where players have a chance to learn from professionals how to coach while they contribute their on-field experience.

but the question still remains.. wtf is hollis doing dressed up in bills gear hanging out at bills camp? i mean.. we offered him a great deal.. and he laughed at us.. then promptly went to the giants and got hurt and never played last year.. but he made some assinine statements about TDs offer.. i am just surprised to see him around.

maybe he is just a fan. [/B]

Tatonka
08-03-2004, 08:08 AM
thanks for the info.

BAM
08-03-2004, 08:11 AM
:jawdrop:

bernielivsey_1
08-03-2004, 08:27 AM
;) I like Lindell's leg. I like his BUTT too. He must work out. Wanna hear the most annoying sound ever? AYAYAYYAAYAY
AYAAYYAAYAYAYAYAYAAYYAYAYAAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYA:rolleyes:

Canadian'eh!
08-03-2004, 09:05 AM

HUH? Half this board spent the offseason ripping into Drew, The Oline and everyone else on the roster, and I'm not a Bills fan because I think LINDELL (the kicker!) sucks?

RIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHT.....

let me repeat 3-9 from over 40. Hollis's Vikings kick was 52 or 53.

40-50 should be fairly automatic for a kicker. 7-8 of 9 at least.

And if you were watching him in Seattle you should know this is completely consistent with Lindell's career. (funny the only thing he's ever been consistent at is inconsistency)

Let's say we make the playoffs this year, and there's 4 seconds left in the game.... down by 2... 47 yards FG is needed to win the game....

do you REALLY want Lindell (who i can't recall ever making a clutch kick) taking that kick????

Lose the T-shirt Mike, you're going in.

Bulldog
08-03-2004, 09:12 AM
HUH? Half this board spent the offseason ripping into Drew, The Oline and everyone else on the roster, and I'm not a Bills fan because I think LINDELL (the kicker!) sucks?

RIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHT.....

And if you were watching him in Seattle you should know this is completely consistent with Lindell's career. (funny the only thing he's ever been consistent at is inconsistency)

Let's say we make the playoffs this year, and there's 4 seconds left in the game.... down by 2... 47 yards FG is needed to win the game....

do you REALLY want Lindell (who i can't recall ever making a clutch kick) taking that kick????

I agree, Lindell does suck. And no way in hell do I want him kicking the game winner at any point, much less the playoffs. So is Hollis signed with anyone for this season? Is he recovered from his injury?

Canadian'eh!
08-03-2004, 09:15 AM
No... he is of coure not signed (otherwise he couldn't be coaching our team) and I'm not sure why. Maybe he is retiring or something due to that back injury last year.....

CMON MIKE!

The Spaz
08-03-2004, 09:16 AM

RIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHT.....

Please remove that sig. It reminds me of bad memories and it takes up bandwith.:beers:

lordofgun
08-03-2004, 09:16 AM
lindell :down:

Canadian'eh!
08-03-2004, 09:26 AM
You've got to be kidding me!

That picture in your sig is 1/4 the size. Half the sigs on this board take up half a page of thread and I can't have that little tiny (HILARIOUS VIDEO?)

The Spaz
08-03-2004, 09:31 AM
You've got to be kidding me!

That picture in your sig is 1/4 the size. Half the sigs on this board take up half a page of thread and I can't have that little tiny (HILARIOUS VIDEO?)

Mine doesn't move your takes up more bandwith.

fabolouspaul
08-03-2004, 09:36 AM
If Lindell really does have a strong leg, how many Touchback's did he have last season!?!

Canadian'eh!
08-03-2004, 09:36 AM
movement desn't equal bandwith.... the size is bigger, yes... but considering the length of many of the other file sizes (and let alone appearence) in signatures.. the difference is negligiable. Even if it is a bit larger, negative effect is 0.

why not let people vote on if they like it?

or is this some sort of personal thing?

Bulldog
08-03-2004, 09:40 AM
That clip is great. Looks like Eddie blew out his groin as a result of the sick fake Pennington put on him. LOL

The Spaz
08-03-2004, 09:43 AM
movement desn't equal bandwith.... the size is bigger, yes... but considering the length of many of the other file sizes (and let alone appearence) in signatures.. the difference is negligiable. Even if it is a bit larger, negative effect is 0.

why not let people vote on if they like it?

or is this some sort of personal thing?

WTF would it be a personal thing?

The Spaz
08-03-2004, 09:44 AM
I had a Greg Jones signature a while back showing him bowl over a North Carolina player and was told it to remove it and I didn't question it.

JJamezz
Letting Hollis go was one of the few things I really disagree with TD on.. It's always disturbed me how little respect he seems to have for the kicking game.

The money issue with Hollis, we're talking about 150k more if memory serves, it's not like the guy was trying to break the bank. And its not like Lindell has much more leg on his kickoffs - although you'd think he would, another 15lbs and he could be a LB..

They may as well have held onto Graham, he turned out to be a decent kicker. People lump him together with what Arians did that year, when in actuality Graham did fairly well.

Canadian'eh!
don't know... because I'm from another site...

some people still seem to think I have something to do with a couple bad apples... no idea.

fine fine fine.... I'll remove it.

justasportsfan
08-03-2004, 09:52 AM
I miss Arians.

don137
08-03-2004, 10:03 AM
Shayne Graham is turning into a fine kicker too...

Novacane
08-03-2004, 10:36 AM
Lindell will be a differant player this year now that GW and KG are gone :up:

Novacane
08-03-2004, 10:39 AM

RIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHT.....

I believe he was kidding with you. Those of us that don't care for drew always get told we are not real bills fans.

If you don't think every player on the Bills belongs in the pro-bowl some will call you a fairweather fan

ShadowHawk7
08-03-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
http://www.buffalobills.com/uploads/photo/9DEFE887819849D3B333084CE1EFAD41.jpg
<b>Mike Hollis</b>

Soooooooooo.. was it him, or not?

Canadian'eh!
08-03-2004, 11:45 AM
yes, he's serving as a volunteer kickers coach.

The Spaz
08-03-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
Soooooooooo.. was it him, or not?

No it's his twin brother larry.

Bulldog
08-03-2004, 11:55 AM
So are the Bills giving him a tryout or what?

:snicker2:

Tatonka
08-03-2004, 11:58 AM

RIIIIIIGGGGGHHHHT.....

i think you failed to see the sarcasm in nat's comment.. he is one of the people that was dogging bledsoe all offseason.. and he was one of the people that was told he wasnt a fan because of that.. i think he was jabbing at that more than the fact that you really dont like our kicker..

Tatonka
08-03-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
I believe he was kidding with you. Those of us that don't care for drew always get told we are not real bills fans.

If you don't think every player on the Bills belongs in the pro-bowl some will call you a fairweather fan

great minds think alike.. lol

Canadian'eh!
08-03-2004, 12:00 PM
Sorry... I'm not aorund enough to know all the details behind the scene... But i wasn't particularly offended... just using it to drive home my point about Lindell's suckiness.

Tatonka
08-03-2004, 12:19 PM
nobody here will debate the fact that lindell was very sucky last year.

ryjam282
08-03-2004, 12:20 PM
I think sucky is a little too light a word to use.....FU%$ING SH%TTY comes to mind.

ShadowHawk7
08-03-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
No it's his twin brother larry.

Do I detect sarcasm or not?

Originally posted by Bulldog

Hopefully. He's prolly better than Lindell. :snicker:

ShadowHawk7
08-03-2004, 02:09 PM
Opps, that went wrong.

Originally posted by Bulldog

Hopefully, he's prolly better than Lindell.. :snicker: