PDA

View Full Version : Saints' BROOKS a Holdout!

lordofgun
07-27-2002, 01:18 PM
The saints were caught off guard today when Aaron Brooks didn't report to camp. He had previously stated that he'd play out his contract. He is in the final year of his deal which pays him just $400,000. I think players should play out their contracts no matter what, but the Saints should have seen this coming. If he's going to bne your franchise QB, PAY HIM LIKE ONE!!!

The_Philster
07-27-2002, 01:36 PM
players play out their contracts??? How would BRUCE have handled it had he done that? :D

Michael82
07-27-2002, 01:48 PM
I'm just waiting for Tom Brady to do this. You know it will happen sometime! He's getting paid nothing and was the Super Bowl MVP, even tho he shouldn't have been! :D

Let's see how much of a teammate he is, when he realizes his contract compared to other STARTING QBs! :rolleyes:

Pride
07-27-2002, 01:58 PM
Brady is already at camp and is already practicing, I believe.

CajunBillsBacker
07-27-2002, 02:29 PM
I was at Saints camp this morning and the fans were not pleased with Brooks!

SABURZFAN
07-27-2002, 05:04 PM
some people will do anything for attention.

WCoastFin
07-27-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
I'm just waiting for Tom Brady to do this. You know it will happen sometime! He's getting paid nothing and was the Super Bowl MVP, even tho he shouldn't have been! :D

Let's see how much of a teammate he is, when he realizes his contract compared to other STARTING QBs! :rolleyes:

Brady will not do this simply because he will reveal himself the way he really is

Dozerdog
07-27-2002, 07:20 PM
Hereis the game being played in New England-

The Pats do not want to fork over a massive QB contract only to eat it if they trade/dump/cut Brady. Is he a one year wonder? Maybe, but with the Pats spending $6-7 million in dead cap for a starter that is not on their team (Bledsoe) they are going to play the waiting game with Brady. They are still smarting from the 10 yeart $106 million they paid Bledsoe. They don't want tpo be hung over a barrel if he is a one year wonder.

It may cost them in the long run, but for now they really can't afford to pay Brady starter money ($5-6 million plus bonuses) this season with the Bledsoe's dead cap.

I'm sure they have talked to Brady and have assured him he's their guy. Plus, I hear the Pats are assisting him on getting all sorts of endorsements lined up locally- extra cash in Brady's pockets to suppliment his measly $350,000 salary

WG
07-27-2002, 10:01 PM
Brady needs to have another year a bit better than last year's if he's going to get top dollar. Last year was OK, but not stellar by any stretch. How can anyone say that a QB who tossed fewer than 20 TDs is worth more than average at best. The Pats will wait, Brady will play, and they'll decide after this year if in fact he does anything.

Brooks, IMO, should be paid more. The Saints are stupid for not rewarding Brooks' performances a bit more. $400K is paltry since he's among the top QBs in the league apparently. While I agree that players should play out their contracts, it is typical to reward those who are making minimum-type money with better green if they put up. Unfortuately, which never happens, they should also deduct some if the players plays like crap.

Novacane
07-27-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Unfortuately, which never happens, they should also deduct some if the players plays like crap.

Was going to say the same thing Wys! We will never hear of that happening though.

BTW.....I thought is was pretty classless of Brooks. I just read on ESPN that neither he nor his agent will return the Saints calls. Just Wensday his agent told the GM he could wait to work out a new contract? He should at least be a man about it!

iceblizzard69
07-28-2002, 08:25 AM
Brooks should at least give them a call or something. I think they will give him his money though, he is their franchise QB and they don't want him to leave.