• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Marcus Vick Suspended for 2004 Season

QB's run-ins with law force university's hand

ESPN.com news services
    BLACKSBURG, Va. -- Virginia Tech quarterback Marcus Vick was suspended from the university for the 2004 season because of his run-ins with the law.

Virginia Tech officials said Tuesday they took the action because of Vick's convictions in May on three counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor after he and two teammates gave alcohol to 14- and 15-year-old girls at the players' apartment. Vick, the younger brother of Atlanta Falcons quarterback and former Hokies star Michael Vick, was acquitted of a charge of having sex with one of the girls and was sentenced to 30 days in jail and fined $2,250.

The suspension also was based on reckless driving and marijuana possession charges filed against Vick last month after an early morning traffic stop. The 20-year-old player faced trial on those charges Tuesday.

Virginia Tech quarterback Marcus Vick pleaded guilty Tuesday to reckless driving and no contest to marijuana possession, shortly after he was suspended from the university for the 2004 season.
  • Bulldog
    Top Dog
    • Jan 2003

Brilliant!
    I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

Dude had pretty much a guaranteed payday coming in next years draft.... guess he just F'ed it up!

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Pride
        Dude had pretty much a guaranteed payday coming in next years draft.... guess he just F'ed it up!
        I can definitely see him being an UDFA now.

Comment

• TedMock
          • Jul 2002

He wasn't even listed as the starter. It's not a huge loss for them.

Comment

Working...
          X