PDA

View Full Version : Just In Case--what F/a Tackles Are Available

I'M A BELIEVER
08-03-2004, 03:55 PM
In the event that the Mike Williams thing turns ugly and we have to place Mike on the NON FOOTBALL INJURY LIST, we at the very least need another backup tackle.....any thoughts? I guess we ought to watch the waiver wire.......what if we get to the big dance and this guy pulls a Barrett Robbins cause he misses his nana? F ME! I am pissed right now....

I'M A BELIEVER
08-03-2004, 04:07 PM
Here's guys I know are available right now...not sure if any are worth getting...
Brad Badger
Blake Brockermeyer
Mark Dixon
Kereem McKenzie
Vaughn Parker
Scott Rehburg
Ryan Young
Marcus Spriggs

The Spaz
08-03-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by I'M A BELIEVER
Here's guys I know are available right now...not sure if any are worth getting...
Brad Badger
Blake Brockermeyer
Mark Dixon
Kereem McKenzie
Vaughn Parker
Scott Rehburg
Ryan Young
Marcus Spriggs

Yikes not much.:puke:

Novacane
08-03-2004, 04:09 PM
Mike better get his head out of his ass real soon

ryjam282
08-03-2004, 04:10 PM
I guess it is good that Marcus Price has some experience there for us and has done a decent job. Let's just hope Big Mike can get it together.

McBFLO
08-03-2004, 04:10 PM
what about signing that Pete Kendall and moving Teague to tackle.

casdhf
08-03-2004, 04:11 PM
Kareen Mackenzie was pretty good for the Jets right, and he's still kinda young, I believe.

The Spaz
08-03-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
Kareen Mackenzie was pretty good for the Jets right, and he's still kinda young, I believe.

He actually still on the Jet's roster.

Dozerdog
08-03-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by pepperkorn
what about signing that Pete Kendall and moving Teague to tackle.

Teague can play anywhere on the line

Canadian'eh!
08-03-2004, 04:27 PM
TEague was far better at tackle than he is at center...Excellent idea.

ShadowHawk7
08-03-2004, 04:36 PM
Agreed, w/ or w/o Williams, we should persue Kendall.

juice
08-03-2004, 04:38 PM
Lets see McNally earn his rep. as the "Best in the Business".

Letting Brown go was a mistake.

hurls
08-03-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Mike better get his head out of his ass real soon

I agree, and i think I figured out who you are. I think we graduated HS together.

Tatonka
08-03-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Canadian'eh!
TEague was far better at tackle than he is at center...Excellent idea.

are you kidding me? he started for one year at tackle... and wasnt brought back by the broncos.

Originally posted by juice
Lets see McNally earn his rep. as the "Best in the Business".

Letting Brown go was a mistake.

can you cry about ruben brown some more please? just put it in your signature so you dont have to keep retyping it.

:rolleyes:

hurls
08-03-2004, 05:24 PM
Let's wait and see what The Ruben Sandwich actually does, before we chastize his release. What if he blows the goat? Then will the tune be different?

juice
08-03-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
are you kidding me? he started for one year at tackle... and wasnt brought back by the broncos.

can you cry about ruben brown some more please? just put it in your signature so you dont have to keep retyping it.

Not until we have a starting LG.. or Center.. or RT...

The Spaz
08-03-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

I agree on both counts.:up:

juice
08-03-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
I agree on both counts.:up:

Who are our returning starters at the same position.. MsNally had better be good.

TigerJ
08-03-2004, 05:47 PM
If MW washes out, Buffalo is still OK as far as a starting line. Marcus Price is, I think, a starting caliber tackle. I think moving Teague is feasible, though, I think Price is a better starter at tackle than Teague. Teague would essentially be an expensive backup. On WGR they were saying that McNally has given the impression that Teague would not be his first choice for a center. More than anything else, McNally wants a center with a powerful lower body, who's able to get under opposing DTs to get leverage. Teague is taller than McNally would like, not as strong in the lower body, and plays higher than McNally would like. All that means he has a hard time getting leverage. There is some speculation that Kendall has the same body type as Teague and could therefore have some of the same problems. I wonder if they might start to look at Tucker as a center.

Also, don't forget Sullivan, who has prototypical tackle size and a lot of athleticism. Maybe he's our tackle depth ehind Price.

hurls
08-03-2004, 05:48 PM
Nice as usual TigerJ

The Spaz
08-03-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
If MW washes out, Buffalo is still OK as far as a starting line. Marcus Price is, I think, a starting caliber tackle. I think moving Teague is feasible, though, I think Price is a better starter at tackle than Teague. Teague would essentially be an expensive backup. On WGR they were saying that McNally has given the impression that Teague would not be his first choice for a center. More than anything else, McNally wants a center with a powerful lower body, who's able to get under opposing DTs to get leverage. Teague is taller than McNally would like, not as strong in the lower body, and plays higher than McNally would like. All that means he has a hard time getting leverage. There is some speculation that Kendall has the same body type as Teague and could therefore have some of the same problems. I wonder if they might start to look at Tucker as a center.

Also, don't forget Sullivan, who has prototypical tackle size and a lot of athleticism. Maybe he's our tackle depth ehind Price.

Not sure if you heard but Jeff Morrison said Ross Tucker was getting some snaps at center.

hurls
08-03-2004, 05:52 PM
Jeff Morrison's worse than Brinson.

The Spaz
08-03-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by slruh
Jeff Morrison's worse than Brinson.

How so he's at camp reporting what's going on he's not an eveyday radio personality.

hurls
08-03-2004, 05:55 PM
Meaning intellectually. Morrison's a ******. I guess if he's at camp of course he has a better perspective.