PDA

View Full Version : not looking good

Billsouth
08-03-2004, 04:30 PM
i am beginning to wonder if mike williams is a bust. our 2002 draft is not looking real good:

1. williams
2. reed
3. denney (remember that we traded up for him)
4. wire
5. bannon
6 kevin thomas
7. pucillo

this could be shaping up to be one of the WORST drafts in history. factor in that we had the #4 pick and it gets worse.

juice
08-03-2004, 04:41 PM
We should have made Brown an offer to stay... our line is worse than the Phins.

THATHURMANATOR
08-03-2004, 04:50 PM
OMG chill the hell out people. He missed a day.

Williams hasn't been great yet but decent.
Reed had a strong rookie year but took a step back last year but he is still a contributor
Denney blows
Wire is a possible starter
Bannan is a decent backup
Thomas is a decent reserve
Pucillo blows but what do you expect from a 7th rounder.

Dozerdog
08-03-2004, 04:53 PM
And he started as a 7th rounder! Not a lot of guys do that.

If this is the worst draft in history- then your draft history is only hte past 4 years. 2000 was way worse than that- and there were a lot worse ones before that as well!

_Ghost_Hackers
08-03-2004, 04:54 PM
Reed will be good - cant blame him for a bad FIRST YEAR (look at Moulds first year)

Wire is a starter on most teams

Thomas may be good in the future

Bannan is NOT a bad backup

Tatonka
08-03-2004, 05:16 PM
i will say this.. if mike williams continues this crybaby bull****, pissing and moaning about his emotional issues.. and then doesnt play well this year.. he is a bust..

and willis better be something ****ing special too..

under TDs watch -
1. clements - decent 1st rounder.. i wouldnt call him dominant.. but he is very good and i have no regrets about this pick

2. williams - underperformer up to this point, and now he is on the rag during training camp and no one seems to be able to find a tampon big enough for his fat 380 pound ass.

3. Bledsoe - he sucks.. but we knew that before we wasted a first on him

4. willis mcgahee - totally unknown, and not really needed w/ henry here, which we spent a 2nd round pick on.

5. evans - unknown.. like most receivers that need 3 years to develope.. we probably wont know for a while

6. losman - unknown.. like most rookie qbs.. we wont know for a while..

it would be so cool if we could actually get a good first round pick that came in and was awesome right away.. but other than clements.. we just cant get that.

HenryRules
08-03-2004, 06:07 PM
I have more complaints than most about Donahoe, but even I won't come close to saying 2002 was the worst draft ever.

However, aside from one day in 2001, I don't think TD has done anything above average (if that) at the draft table.

HenryRules
08-03-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by _Ghost_Hackers
Reed will be good - cant blame him for a bad FIRST YEAR (look at Moulds first year)

Wire is a starter on most teams

Thomas may be good in the future

Bannan is NOT a bad backup

I wonder if Bannan makes this team?

I think Adams, Williams, Anderson, and Gibson are all pretty much locks. I don't think we're going to keep 6 DT's, so that would only leave room for 1 (at most) of Edwards and Bannan.

I think Wire is a solid backup, but I don't think he'd be a starter on most teams. I think if you're a contender and Wire is your SS, you're looking to upgrade - about the same as if you were a contender and had Antowain Smith as your RB.

Thomas ... at this stage he's about what you'd expect - he might be a nickle CB, he might not.

We got some usefulness out of our late picks, but nothing like a David Givens or anything.

For a team picking 4th in each round, this was not a strong draft. However, there is still time.

The Spaz
08-03-2004, 06:57 PM
Sape is definitely gone.