X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Billsouth
    • Jul 2002

not looking good

i am beginning to wonder if mike williams is a bust. our 2002 draft is not looking real good:

1. williams
    2. reed
    3. denney (remember that we traded up for him)
    4. wire
    5. bannon
    6 kevin thomas
    7. pucillo

this could be shaping up to be one of the WORST drafts in history. factor in that we had the #4 pick and it gets worse.
    "once a raider always a raider"
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

We should have made Brown an offer to stay... our line is worse than the Phins.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

OMG chill the hell out people. He missed a day.

Williams hasn't been great yet but decent.
      Reed had a strong rookie year but took a step back last year but he is still a contributor
      Denney blows
      Wire is a possible starter
      Bannan is a decent backup
      Thomas is a decent reserve
      Pucillo blows but what do you expect from a 7th rounder.

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

And he started as a 7th rounder! Not a lot of guys do that.

If this is the worst draft in history- then your draft history is only hte past 4 years. 2000 was way worse than that- and there were a lot worse ones before that as well!

Comment

• _Ghost_Hackers

Reed will be good - cant blame him for a bad FIRST YEAR (look at Moulds first year)

Wire is a starter on most teams

Thomas may be good in the future

Bannan is NOT a bad backup

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

i will say this.. if mike williams continues this crybaby bull****, pissing and moaning about his emotional issues.. and then doesnt play well this year.. he is a bust..

and willis better be something ****ing special too..

under TDs watch -
            1. clements - decent 1st rounder.. i wouldnt call him dominant.. but he is very good and i have no regrets about this pick

2. williams - underperformer up to this point, and now he is on the rag during training camp and no one seems to be able to find a tampon big enough for his fat 380 pound ass.

3. Bledsoe - he sucks.. but we knew that before we wasted a first on him

4. willis mcgahee - totally unknown, and not really needed w/ henry here, which we spent a 2nd round pick on.

5. evans - unknown.. like most receivers that need 3 years to develope.. we probably wont know for a while

6. losman - unknown.. like most rookie qbs.. we wont know for a while..

it would be so cool if we could actually get a good first round pick that came in and was awesome right away.. but other than clements.. we just cant get that.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• HenryRules
              • Jul 2002

I have more complaints than most about Donahoe, but even I won't come close to saying 2002 was the worst draft ever.

However, aside from one day in 2001, I don't think TD has done anything above average (if that) at the draft table.

Comment

• HenryRules
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by _Ghost_Hackers
                Reed will be good - cant blame him for a bad FIRST YEAR (look at Moulds first year)

Wire is a starter on most teams

Thomas may be good in the future

Bannan is NOT a bad backup
                I wonder if Bannan makes this team?

I think Adams, Williams, Anderson, and Gibson are all pretty much locks. I don't think we're going to keep 6 DT's, so that would only leave room for 1 (at most) of Edwards and Bannan.

I think Wire is a solid backup, but I don't think he'd be a starter on most teams. I think if you're a contender and Wire is your SS, you're looking to upgrade - about the same as if you were a contender and had Antowain Smith as your RB.

Thomas ... at this stage he's about what you'd expect - he might be a nickle CB, he might not.

We got some usefulness out of our late picks, but nothing like a David Givens or anything.

For a team picking 4th in each round, this was not a strong draft. However, there is still time.

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

Sape is definitely gone.

Comment

Working...
                  X