X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

We should have made Brown an offer.

Who has the most unproven line in the AFC-East? Da Bills...

Would that have been the answer if Ruebon wasn't run out of town?

RB told the staff that he was willing to talk #'s.. and they knew he was the most experienced lineman we had along with the most decorated in Bills history.. why didn't TD try to keep him after a season when the line showed no ability to Open running lanes or pass block with any consistancy.

The Brown move may prove to be TD's worst move of his time at GM.. along with the GW move.

We may need two RB's that can carry the team because this Swiss Cheese Line may be the End of Bledsoe's career.

It just seems like there wasn't even an effort to keep our lines centerpiece and a team leader in the position that he has excelled in for almost a decade.

Now we have more questions than answers on our O-Line and JJ may be the next to leave as our Best Lineman next year.

MW may be lost for the season.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • StanMarino13
    • Jul 2003

I dont mean to knock my own team, but with 4 new starters on the fins oline I'd think we'd win that prestigious award for most unproven line. Not exactly an award that me and my team can be proud of, but IMO we win it hands down.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

juice.. brown didnt get any offers from anyone because he is old and done.. he isnt even a starter on the bears ****ty oline.. so get over brown.. i guess we should bring jim kelly back too huh?
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• juice
        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
        juice.. brown didnt get any offers from anyone because he is old and done.. he isnt even a starter on the bears ****ty oline.. so get over brown.. i guess we should bring jim kelly back too huh?
        Tonk.. wouldn't our line be better off than it is now with Brown still here?

Brown will be a starter on that line by the season's start.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
          Tonk.. wouldn't our line be better off than it is now with Brown still here?
          no.. brown is not good enough to beat out the crappy bears starters.. so i am pretty sure he couldnt beat out our crappy starter, whoever that ends up being, either..

he was done and has been for 2 years.. he was a revolving door. at least the kids we have now can get better.. ruben will not .. he will just get worse.. which is hard to imagine after last year.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Brown is done.

Comment

• casdhf
              • Jul 2002

Re: We should have made Brown an offer.

MW may be lost for the season.
              Making stuff up again?
              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• juice
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                no.. brown is not good enough to beat out the crappy bears starters.. so i am pretty sure he couldnt beat out our crappy starter, whoever that ends up being, either..

Whoever is about right.. Our line was the worst in the league last year, we run our only Veteran out of town and YOU think we are better off?

Comment

• juice
                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by casdhf
                  Making stuff up again?
                  What makes you think he will be effective this year with a weight problem? He already couldn't deal with Quick DE's.

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Jul 2003

We were by far NOT the worst line in the league. Part of the reason we were bad on the line however was Brown. Most holding calls were on him! Our line was excellant in run blocking and a lot of the sacks were due to KG lousy playcalling and Drew holding on too long.

Comment

• juice
                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
                      We were by far NOT the worst line in the league. Part of the reason we were bad on the line however was Brown. Most holding calls were on him! Our line was excellant in run blocking and a lot of the sacks were due to KG lousy playcalling and Drew holding on too long.
                      Our Gaurd/Tackle play was better on JJ/RB side than it was on the opposite side.

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Our Gaurd/Tackle play was better on JJ/RB side than it was on the opposite side.
                        we had Pucillo at RG 'NUFF SAID
                        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• juice
                          • Aug 2003

I just wanted to make sure RB wasn't our worst lineman last season and could have added to line depth.

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

I just wanted to make sure RB wasn't our worst lineman last season and could have added to line depth.
                            Personally, I think I would have liked to see him stick around. The penalty thing is a touch overblown. Yeah, he took more than his fair share but people are acting like he was getting them on every drive at least. Pucillo is far worse than Ruben..Ruben never helped DTs sack any of our QBs. But he's gone and not coming back unless he signs a one-day contract and wants to retire as a Bill so let's move on.
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• juice
                              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
                              Personally, I think I would have liked to see him stick around. The penalty thing is a touch overblown. Yeah, he took more than his fair share but people are acting like he was getting them on every drive at least. Pucillo is far worse than Ruben..Ruben never helped DTs sack any of our QBs. But he's gone and not coming back unless he signs a one-day contract and wants to retire as a Bill so let's move on.
                              RB could have helped MW adjust to the expectations and pressures of a 1st round lineman pick.

Comment

Working...
                              X