PDA

View Full Version : Mike Pucillo is starting AGAIN

Michael82
08-03-2004, 06:25 PM
Just thought you should know. Now I'm going back to work on my report. I'll have it up soon. So, as TD would say....

STAY TUNED! :snicker:

Tatonka
08-03-2004, 06:28 PM
i am leaving for my hockey game... if it is not done by the time i get back..

:chair:

Mr. Cynical
08-03-2004, 08:03 PM
Mike Pucillo starting = no hope of a good line.

Nighthawk
08-03-2004, 09:46 PM
There is no way that this guy should be starting...he is a waste and revolving door. I'm not getting that warm and fuzzy feeling so far during this camp. It sure looks like certain people (TD) are making decisions on who is playing. I say this because of a few players who continue to play despite their terrible showings last year: Bledsoe, Pucillo, & Denney...just to name a few.

HenryRules
08-03-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Nighthawk
There is no way that this guy should be starting...he is a waste and revolving door. I'm not getting that warm and fuzzy feeling so far during this camp. It sure looks like certain people (TD) are making decisions on who is playing. I say this because of a few players who continue to play despite their terrible showings last year: Bledsoe, Pucillo, & Denney...just to name a few.

Who do you suggest we replace these players with right now? I think the three of them are below average at best (Bledsoe) to marginal backups at worst (Denney and Pucillo), but it's not as if there's anyone else in camp that is better than any of the 3 at their position. Losman isn't ready and Brown is putrid and should have been replaced as a backup. Tucker was just as bad as Pucillo but is older and Sullivan is just as bad and has a bad attitude. Sullivan played well in his rookie year, but since then every comment about him has been that he gives no effort. I don't want the Bills to reward that sort of attitude. Denney sucks, but what has Kelsay done to earn a shot?

finsrclowns
08-03-2004, 10:16 PM
Last year I was sure Puccillo had compromising photos of GW he was using. GW's gone and the Puke man still is on the top of the depth chart. So I'm now assuming MP has pictures on TD. How else can you explain TD's remark "we took a look at him (Kendall) and didn't like what we saw. We like the people we have." Say what??

Tatonka
08-03-2004, 11:20 PM
you know.. some of you are gonna find this crazy.. BUT.. mcnally and the others probably know a little about the oline and the players..

and

there have been cases in the past.. where a young 6th round pick that was tossed into the fire w/ bad coaching, have ... (hold your breath here, i am throwing something crazy out there).. gotten better...

i know it is a crazy thought.. but maybe the guy just flat out improved himself over the offseason... look at the huge difference in sam aikens physical appearance.. he is obviously much stronger.. why cant pucillo have gotten much stronger as well? because that was his main problem.. he got pushed around..

ah, hell.. maybe it is just wishful thinking.. i am sure the bills coaches are trying to sabotage the team and want to intentionally put the worst player out there so that leadfoot.. err.. drew.. gets creamed and looks like dog**** for the 7th season in his 11 year career.. that way, the coaches will get fired.. which is what i am sure their goal is, obviously.. i mean.. they really couldnt be trying to put together a winner here.. right?

Throne Logic
08-04-2004, 12:21 AM
Come on guys. Look at this from the coaching stand point. It's just the beginning of training camp. You have a new team and your #1 priority is to gain their respect. With out that, you'll accomplish nothing. (notice I didn't say like you).

You start with last year's starters, regardless of what you plan to move toward as this year's lineup. It's much easier to have Tucker or Sullivan outplay Pucillo in camp and them move them ahead on the depth chart. Much less animosity built up this way.

Even Wire, who they're obviously pulling to win the SS job, has to split time with last year's starter. It's all a respect issue.

G. Host
08-04-2004, 07:08 AM
'Sulking' Sullivan will not outplay anyone. Bills have already made a comment to affect that he is a distant 3rd in depth chart for remaining starting guard position.

Jan Reimers
08-04-2004, 07:13 AM
I just wish someone could build a fire under Sullivan's butt. He is bigger, stronger, and more athletically gifted than either Pucillo or Tucker, but he just doesn't seem to care. What a waste!

Michael82
08-04-2004, 07:54 AM
Hey Tatonka, Mike Pucillo has already been manhandled and beat a few times in camp. :cynic:

Tatonka
08-04-2004, 09:10 AM
well then it is obvious.. the coaches are trying to put together the worst line right? if he sucks, i am sure they will leave him in there.. that is what legendary offensive line coaches do right?

:shakeno:

justasportsfan
08-04-2004, 09:20 AM
Anyone remember how bad Dusty Ziegler was in his last years as a bills until he went to the Giants and met Mcnally? A lot of guys have been beaten by Pat Williams and Sam Adams , chill. I think our coaches know what they're doing. If Pucillo continues to suck , he's gone. Have faith.

fabolouspaul
08-04-2004, 10:57 AM
darn, what did Pucillo do to deserve being a starter!? I'm starting to hate Pucillo as much as I did with Chris Watson!!!!!!!

Sabre Ally
08-04-2004, 11:11 AM
:puke: I hate him almost as much as I hate Fucillo...and that's a lot.

SABURZFAN
08-04-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Mikey82
Hey Tatonka, Mike Pucillo has already been manhandled and beat a few times in camp. :cynic:

this is definitely not something that i want to hear.:(

Patrick76777
08-04-2004, 02:04 PM
I just want that big ole website off the front page.

ShadowHawk7
08-04-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
I just wish someone could build a fire under Sullivan's butt. He is bigger, stronger, and more athletically gifted than either Pucillo or Tucker, but he just doesn't seem to care. What a waste!

Seriously.. :cynic:

Turf
08-04-2004, 08:32 PM
Look at OL players that left here like Jamies Nails, that played well elsewhere. Will Grant. Zielger. Why? Coaching.
The NFL is thin across the board, you have to make due with what you have?
And what does that leave? Coaching.
We haven't had a decent line coach in here in ages. Or an Offensive Coor for that matter.
Everyone wants an all star lineup. Not in todays in NFL, it can't happen.
What you need is a brain with an above average lineup. We have the lineup. Now it's the coaches turn.

finsrclowns
08-04-2004, 08:49 PM
I refuse to accept the idea that Puccillo is the best option at LG. Refuse. To. Accept. I watched that guy play a big part in turning a somewhat below average line two years ago into a laughing stock last year. I don't want to hear he's new and improved. He's a freakin' human cannon ball.