PDA

View Full Version : Bills ought to try to extend Price now

G. Host
08-03-2004, 07:09 PM
I have said it before and I'll say it again. Marcus Price is the 6th OLman and our 3rd best OLman and he should be extended while Bills have the cap room. Since neither Jennings, P. Williams or Schobel are interested in signing it is better to lock up another solid player. This situation with Mike Williams shows how important he is to the Bills.

Michael82
08-03-2004, 07:21 PM
I agree. Something tells me Marcus Price is going to get a lot of playing time this season and it would be very wise to extend his deal. I think they should do the same thing with Marques Sullivan, because I think he'll be taking over for Jennings.

G. Host
08-03-2004, 07:40 PM
I believe they already extended 'Sulking' Sullivan already. As you can tell by my nickname for him I am not much of a fan of him.

The Bills have a LOT of OT's on roster and I'd rather have a player with drive (i.e. Tucker) on it rather than a player who would rather sit on the bench inactive like Sullivan did last year and is this year for guard position.

The Spaz
08-03-2004, 07:42 PM
I envision a few O-Linemen being drafted for us next year?!:D

G. Host
08-03-2004, 07:48 PM
Well since we have two (Jennings and Price) who are free agents I think it is likely plus they will have McNally earlier enough he can contribute to scouting. But they need to draft a pure Center or Guard.

Michael82
08-03-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
I envision a few O-Linemen being drafted for us next year?!:D

I agree!

Ebenezer
08-03-2004, 08:11 PM
EE, hit in on the head. Part of the Williams demotion is to see what Price can do...look for a deal if he proves out.

HenryRules
08-03-2004, 08:53 PM
Why am I starting to get the impression that our OLmen are wimps?

Jennings misses 3 or 4 games a year due to injury.
Sullivan never wants to work hard at all.
Williams takes a few months to recover from a death in the family and get back to work.

Can't we get some guys with stones in there?

Tatonka
08-03-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
Why am I starting to get the impression that our OLmen are wimps?

Jennings misses 3 or 4 games a year due to injury.
Sullivan never wants to work hard at all.
Williams takes a few months to recover from a death in the family and get back to work.

Can't we get some guys with stones in there?

i would cut off one of my own fingers to have seattles OL. 3rd year of the exact same starters.. and was a top unit last year. studs or above average players at every spot. and no pussies.