PDA

View Full Version : Villarrial Becoming Familiar with Bills

The Spaz
08-03-2004, 10:23 PM
Chris Villarrial stepped out onto the St. John Fisher College practice field on Sunday afternoon for the first time with the Buffalo Bills, and for the first time with a different team in his nine-year career. Wearing number 58, Villarrial went right to work making blocks and learning an entirely new offensive system.

"I picked up the playbook fairly quickly," Villarrial said. "I feel very comfortable already. We're going to be a physical team this year under (offensive line) Coach McNally and we've got something to prove."

Villarrial was a work horse for the Bears in his eight seasons in Chicago. He started 109 of 116 games in the Windy City, but said he was ready for a change.

"It's exciting to get a fresh start," Villarrial said. "I'm looking forward to the opportunity of taking this team to the next level."

The Bills offensive line allowed 49 sacks in 2003 and Villarrial was signed to help protect quarterback Drew Bledsoe. He brings veteran leadership to a fairly young line and a high work ethic which should rub off to his teammates.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=2633

Mr. Cynical
08-04-2004, 01:17 AM
Originally from Hershey, Pennsylvania, Villarrial graduated from Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) in 1996, the same college that Bills President and General Manager Tom Donahoe attended.

ANOTHER TD connection? Geeesh!

:jk:

The Spaz
08-04-2004, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
Originally from Hershey, Pennsylvania, Villarrial graduated from Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) in 1996, the same college that Bills President and General Manager Tom Donahoe attended.

I beleive Tom Modrak went there as well.

Earthquake Enyart
08-04-2004, 06:26 AM
Jim Haslett went there too. :eek:

nolimit
08-05-2004, 11:12 AM
i go there too!:eek:

helmetguy
08-05-2004, 11:25 AM
There's quite a bit of untapped talent in Division II including the PSAC (Notable Alumni-Villarial, John Mobley, Andre Reed).

G. Host
08-05-2004, 11:30 AM

Anybody know where the dead horse smile is?
Can not find it with site on Lawyer Malloy diet .....

BAM
08-05-2004, 11:49 AM
I.U.P. is fun times

I didn't know Villarial was from Hershey.. cool :up:

Mr. Miyagi
08-05-2004, 12:23 PM
WTF is this Indiana University of Pennsylvania anyways??? Is there like a Wisconsin University of New York, or North Carolina University of South Carolina? :scratch:

NC-BILLS44
08-05-2004, 12:46 PM
Isn't Indiana an actual city in Pennsylvania?

ShadowHawk7
08-05-2004, 01:36 PM
I don't get the whole Miami (ohio) thing either.. :eek:

The_Philster
08-05-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
WTF is this Indiana University of Pennsylvania anyways??? Is there like a Wisconsin University of New York, or North Carolina University of South Carolina? :scratch:
No...But there's a California University of PA

Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
Isn't Indiana an actual city in Pennsylvania?
Yep..East-northeast of Pittsburgh

helmetguy
08-05-2004, 04:58 PM
Along with a Mansfield University of PA

and a West Chester University of PA, and an Edinboro University of PA, and an East Stroudsburg University of PA, and a Kutztown University of PA...