PDA

View Full Version : Will Big Mike be another 1st round bust?

Mr. Cynical
08-04-2004, 01:40 AM
Looking for predictions....

mypoorfriendme
08-04-2004, 01:56 AM
i would have said there was still hope because hes only been here for two years but after the last few days, im beginning to expect the worse.

i can easily see this escalating into a trade demand or something bad for our team.

as a third overall pick he has been a dissappointment, but like i said, its only been two years and he still has a chance to be atleast a solid starter.

Halbert
08-04-2004, 04:11 AM
No

The Spaz
08-04-2004, 06:19 AM
What do you by another?

Jan Reimers
08-04-2004, 07:39 AM
I think Big Mike should extract his head from his butt very quickly, get over his personal problems - which we all face, everyday - and get back to practice. Otherwise, he's headed for Eric Flowers-ville.

Novacane
08-04-2004, 08:30 AM
To early to tell.

lordofgun
08-04-2004, 08:32 AM
Nope. He needs to work on his pass-blocking, but I think Villarial will help him immensely. He's a very good run blocker.

LtBillsFan66
08-04-2004, 08:33 AM
Maybe he won't be as great as a 4th pick should be, but already he's NOT a bust.

TedMock
08-04-2004, 08:37 AM
It's way too early to even have an idea. He's a very good run blocker, but his pass blocking has been suspect to say the least. Some of that's obviously his fault, some of it was due to poor QB pocket presence, some of it was because the guard next to him got beat so badly, so regularly. OL are taught to "check inside first." When the inside is collapsing, it's hard to catch up with the DE. Do you all remember Howard Ballard? Dominant run blocker, but a swival of a pass blocker for two seasons. He got Kelly knocked out of a couple games, and Kelly used to freak out on him because of it....hence, the "Bickering Bills." He's going into year 3, where he SHOULD start coming into his own as a player, he has a solid guard playing next to him, and he has the best line coach helping him. We'll see this year if he's a bust. Right now I can't realistically call him one. Hopefully he gets on some meds and this depression thing doesn't last.

Mr. Cynical
08-04-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
I think Big Mike should extract his head from his butt very quickly, get over his personal problems - which we all face, everyday - and get back to practice. Otherwise, he's headed for Eric Flowers-ville.

That's what I'm thinking as well...