PDA

View Full Version : Mike is back

nolimit
08-04-2004, 07:41 AM
even showed up early this morning! Per wgr!

The Spaz
08-04-2004, 07:42 AM
Nice!!!!:up:

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-04-2004, 07:43 AM
Man I don't know which Williams I am getting more sick of hearing about.

nolimit
08-04-2004, 07:44 AM
welcome back good buddy!

Jan Reimers
08-04-2004, 07:48 AM
Nice of him to condescend to practice with the team. I hope it's not too emotionally draining for him.

Voltron
08-04-2004, 08:23 AM
Wow some of you seem to have no compassion for these millionaires skipping out on the one time in the year they are expected to work their hardest! :snicker:

Go buy yourself a new Car or Plasma screen and get over it! When my Grandma Died I had to be back to work 2 days latter! It's been 2 months Big Mike time to move on with your life and win some football games!!!!!! :idunno:

Tatonka
08-04-2004, 08:25 AM
wow.. you mean the sky is not falling and the season is not ruined?

Earthquake Enyart
08-04-2004, 08:25 AM
Chill guys. It was one day. BFD.

Jan Reimers
08-04-2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Voltron
Wow some of you seem to have no compassion for these millionaires skipping out on the one time in the year they are expected to work their hardest! :snicker:

Go buy yourself a new Car or Plasma screen and get over it! When my Grandma Died I had to be back to work 2 days latter! It's been 2 months Big Mike time to move on with your life and win some football games!!!!!! :idunno:

Totally agree. We ALL have problems in our lives. Most of us soldier on, however, meeting our responsibilities and obligations, rather than sitting around feeling sorry for ourselves.

The Spaz
08-04-2004, 08:34 AM
Offensive tackle Mike Williams joined his teammates on the practice field Wednesday morning. Williams had missed the team’s last two practices. Stay close to Buffalobills.com for post-practice comments and video. The Bills will hold the first of two scheduled night practices this evening. The session runs from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. and will once again feature an autograph session involving the entire team following practice. Shuttle service will begin at 4:45 p.m., gates will open at 5:00 p.m.

justasportsfan
08-04-2004, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Voltron
When my Grandma Died I had to be back to work 2 days latter! It's been 2 months Big Mike time to move on with your life and win some football games!!!!!! :idunno: Some of us were raised by grandma and played the role of mom's in our life. We don't know how close they were.

Earthquake Enyart
08-04-2004, 08:43 AM
We don't know the whole story period. Rather get this over with now, than blow up like Ruben during the season.

TedMock
08-04-2004, 08:46 AM
I chalk it up as some people don't handle losing a loved one as well as others. I lost many relatives, including a parent whom I was very close to. Within the week I was back to every day life. My brother (who's twice my size) still isn't the same. That was 10 years ago. People call him a big wimp, softie, etc. until his big butt smacks them in the head. He just never learned how to handle things. We grew up in the same house, so I don't know why we're so different in that respect. It's definitely frustrating to watch people sulk.

ryjam282
08-04-2004, 08:59 AM
Thank god he is back. Now he can concentrate on whooping some ass.

Morgoth
08-04-2004, 09:07 AM
Can we go back to making fun of Ricky now?

Tatonka
08-04-2004, 09:08 AM
absolutely!
Originally posted by Morgoth
Can we go back to making fun of Ricky now?

colin
08-04-2004, 09:22 AM
i think this dude's grandma was like his mother to him, if you mom died all of a sudden, and you knew your job had to be performed at the absolutely highest level, don't you think there is a chance you might miss a couple days, especialy considering that the days you miss don't "count" like the later ones do?

Tatonka
08-04-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by colin
i think this dude's grandma was like his mother to him, if you mom died all of a sudden, and you knew your job had to be performed at the absolutely highest level, don't you think there is a chance you might miss a couple days, especialy considering that the days you miss don't "count" like the later ones do?

i would understand if his grandma died yesterday.. but she died 2 months ago.. and it already caused him to miss all the OTAs...

if i dont show up for work for a couple day, 2 months after my mother died.. unexcused.. i get fired.. not fined.. fired. period.

Shiny Chicken
08-04-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i would understand if his grandma died yesterday.. but she died 2 months ago.. and it already caused him to miss all the OTAs...

if i dont show up for work for a couple day, 2 months after my mother died.. unexcused.. i get fired.. not fined.. fired. period.

On a counterpoint, T... this is the first time he's been put back in his day to day routine since she died... it's probably the first time since she died that he's had to deal with life as usual... and I can understand, when all of the sudden you're back to work after two months of mourning... it could all come back to you very suddenly.

BigZ
08-04-2004, 11:00 AM
Give the guy a break. As many said, we don't know the relationship between him and his grandmother.

I, personally, wish that he'd dedicate the season to her memory and really kick some tail but we all cope differently.

Let's go back to Rickey (and phin) bashing!

BAM
08-04-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Chill guys. It was one day. BFD.

I know man, really!!!

ShadowHawk7
08-04-2004, 03:48 PM
Hopefully Big Mike will be able to take all that emotion he has, and use it positively on the field, ala Brett Farve. :beer: