PDA

View Full Version : Forecast for the night scrimmage:

lordofgun
08-04-2004, 09:55 AM
Looks like Rain!

I hope it's not cancelled. Anyone know if they practice in the rain?

Michael82
08-04-2004, 09:58 AM
Yeah they do. Just pray for no thunder and lightning. also, when I worked at training camp with Wegmans a few years ago, it rained during the night session and the people went inside the merchandise tent, but came back out when it stopped. It didn't last long. However, if there is lightning or thunder...game over! :(

ZacGriffi~82
08-04-2004, 09:59 AM
The whole area is under a flood watch for tonight

clumping platelets
08-04-2004, 10:01 AM
It's only water :shakeno:

Pride
08-04-2004, 10:08 AM
I used to play in torrential rains in HS... if they cancel due to just rain... shame on them! Personally, it is very hard to practice for a game that is played in the rain, this woudl be a perfect opportunity to practice with a wet ball, adverse ball handling situations, and loss of foot traction.

ZacGriffi~82
08-04-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Pride
I used to play in torrential rains in HS... if they cancel due to just rain... shame on them! Personally, it is very hard to practice for a game that is played in the rain, this woudl be a perfect opportunity to practice with a wet ball, adverse ball handling situations, and loss of foot traction.

Broken bones, pulled mucles, twisted knees...

:D Just playing devil's advocate

Pride
08-04-2004, 10:44 AM
On the contrary.. with wet grass comes the ability for the cleet to NOT dig in and cause a twisted knee =D

More give on wet ground.