PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Interested In Joining A Keeper League?

R. Rich
08-04-2004, 11:29 AM
For those who are interested in joining the keeper league's first year, I will need your $25 entry fee mailed in to me by August 13. I can also set it up for PayPal, if you don't want to send a check or money order. Send me a PM for further details.

Some league details

The setup for this league will be very similar to, BUT NOT EXACTLY LIKE, the setup for the free Yahoo! league, which is:

Draft Type: Live Draft

Max Teams: 10

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Max Moves: No maximum

Max Trades: No maximum

Trade Reject Time: 2

Trade End Date: November 19, 2004

Trade Review: League Votes

Waiver Time: 2 days

Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules

Playoffs: Week 15 and 16 (4 teams)

Roster Positions: QB, WR, RB, TE, WR/RB, WR/RB, WR/RB, K, D, DB, DL, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Stat Categories: Completions (1)
Passing Yards (50 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-2)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Receptions (1)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Yards (25 yards per point)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Tackle Solo (1)
Sack (3)
Interception (2)
Fumble Force (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Pass Defended (1)
Block Kick (2)

Fractional Points: No

Negative Points: Yes

Novacane
08-06-2004, 04:16 PM
Is it a new league? If not, how do you decide on your keeper for new people? How many keepers per team? What is the payout breakdown?

R. Rich
08-06-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Is it a new league? If not, how do you decide on your keeper for new people? How many keepers per team? What is the payout breakdown?

This will be the first year. The league will be on CBS Sportsline. We plan on having a winner-take-all cash prize of $100, covered in the entry fee. I'll have to check with CBS to see if there's a payout for placing, but I don't think there is. I've wanted to start a keeper league for the past couple of years, so hopefully we can get enough people. As of now, we don't have but a few. If enough people don't respond, I'll have to just refund the fees I've been sent and try to do one next year.

Novacane
08-07-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by R. Rich
This will be the first year. The league will be on CBS Sportsline. We plan on having a winner-take-all cash prize of $100, covered in the entry fee. I'll have to check with CBS to see if there's a payout for placing, but I don't think there is. I've wanted to start a keeper league for the past couple of years, so hopefully we can get enough people. As of now, we don't have but a few. If enough people don't respond, I'll have to just refund the fees I've been sent and try to do one next year.

So you get to keep 1 player each year? I'll play. PM me your address and I'll send you a check.

R. Rich
08-07-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
So you get to keep 1 player each year? I'll play. PM me your address and I'll send you a check.

More than likely, it will be 3 or 4 players by each team designated as 'keepers'. I'm sending you a PM in a few minutes.

B-DON
08-10-2004, 12:56 AM
im very interested but how does the winner only get 100 dollars when there are ten teams and its 25 a piece?

Gunzlingr
08-10-2004, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by B-DON
im very interested but how does the winner only get 100 dollars when there are ten teams and its 25 a piece?

I imagine the rest goes to CBS Sportslines as registration fees.

R. Rich
08-10-2004, 07:52 AM

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
I imagine the rest goes to CBS Sportslines as registration fees.

Yep. The league will cost anywhere from $130 to $150, depending on how long it takes to get everyone registered. Right now, we need about 4 or 5 more people to send in their fee. If I can get all the fees in time, it will save us $20.

R. Rich
08-10-2004, 01:49 PM
Counting those who have already paid and those who have said they are sending in their payments, that makes 9. We still need 1 more player.

Novacane
08-10-2004, 02:08 PM
would'nt it be better to go with one of the free sites like yahoo so there is more winnings to go around?

B-DON
08-10-2004, 02:33 PM
thats what i was thinking and can i still get in? we should use yahoo so we can win more money or at least give cash prizes for 2nd and 3rd place winners

R. Rich
08-10-2004, 03:00 PM
thats what i was thinking and can i still get in? we should use yahoo so we can win more money or at least give cash prizes for 2nd and 3rd place winners

Sure, you can join. Putting the league over on Yahoo! might not be a bad idea. If we do that, we will have prizes for runnerups also.

Novacane
08-10-2004, 03:14 PM
I'll get my check out tomorrow RR. I've been busy

B-DON
08-10-2004, 03:43 PM
how should i pay u and i think the yahoo league would be our best bet, when will we be drafting?

R. Rich
08-10-2004, 07:22 PM
how should i pay u and i think the yahoo league would be our best bet, when will we be drafting?

Check or money order will be okay. I have a PayPal account too, if you want to go that route.

I'll set the league up tonight and post the details.

R. Rich
08-10-2004, 09:08 PM
[Posted over at Two Bills Drive also]

UPDATE!!!!!

The keeper league has been moved over to Yahoo! The fee to join the league is $25, payable by check or money order (payable to me) or PayPal. Please note as there have been a few items changed. Here's the details:

League Name: Buffalo Bills Keeper League
Password: [revealed upon payment]
Draft Type: Live Draft
Draft Time: Sat Sep 4 12:00pm EDT [ Add to My Calendar ]
Max Teams: 10
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: November 19, 2004
Trade Review: League Votes
Waiver Time: 2 days
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Playoffs: Week 15 and 16 (4 teams)
Roster Positions: QB, WR, RB, TE, WR/TE, WR/RB, WR/RB, K, D, D, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
Stat Categories: Passing Yards (25 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-2)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Receptions (1)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Tackle Solo (1)
Sack (3)
Interception (2)
Fumble Force (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Pass Defended (1)
Block Kick (2)
Fractional Points: No
Negative Points: Yes

CASH Payouts To Placewinners:

1st place: $100.00
2nd place: $75.00
3rd place: $50.00
4th place: $25.00

Feel free to contact me if there are any questions, comments, or concerns about the league. We're still looking for at least one more player also.