PDA

View Full Version : Get your tickets to Jacksonville, Super Bowl here we come!

Halbert
08-04-2004, 03:17 PM
Bills win the Super Bowl! Bills win the Super Bowl!

http://www.nflreport.com/preseason_predictions.htm

hurls
08-04-2004, 03:22 PM
Wow, I can't believe it. They actually pick us to win it also.

casdhf
08-04-2004, 03:42 PM
That's nuts. I think we're good, but not THAT good.

ryjam282
08-04-2004, 03:52 PM
Hey just go with it. It has been awhile since we have seen something like this around here.

Halbert
It could happen, and I hope it does, but I wouldn't pick the Bills.

I think it will be Philly & Denver.

BAM
:bravo:

:gobills:

Ebenezer
08-04-2004, 03:55 PM
my crystal ball says NE and Philly

Patrick76777
08-04-2004, 03:56 PM
Any team in the AFC could go this year. I think NE will fall back to the pack and Indy and KC don't have the D.

A couple breaks, Strong D and a nice running game, who knows.

Patrick76777
08-04-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
my crystal ball says NE and Philly

Don't go out on the limb there Nostradamus

Halbert
08-04-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
Any team in the AFC could go this year.
San Diego fans will be very relieved to hear that.

btw, I feel really bad for LT. Just like OJ often was, best RB in the league on the crappiest team in the league.

Patrick76777
08-04-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Halbert
San Diego fans will be very relieved to hear that.

btw, I feel really bad for LT. Just like OJ often was, best RB in the league on the crappiest team in the league.

Yeah, SD may be exception.

hurls
08-04-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Halbert

For every LT to feel sorry for, there's a Ricky to wanna beat the tar outta

Halbert
08-04-2004, 04:01 PM
I think picking NE is going out on a limb. Tons of good teams in the AFC, plus everybody will be gunning for them, plus the inevitable let down after winning it, plus the bad vibes from Law. They probably won't even make the playoffs.

Patrick76777
08-04-2004, 04:02 PM
I agree but almost everybody I've seen so far is picking NE vs. Philly.

Ebenezer
08-04-2004, 04:03 PM

:idunno: hey, everybody kept waiting for the breakdown last year and imo, they only made themselves stronger with the addition of Dillon and Wilfork.

ShadowHawk7
08-04-2004, 05:07 PM
Don't get your hope TOO far up guys, remember the August issue of ESPn the Mag? Predicted us in the the Super Bowl w/ the Rams? They weren't too far off with the Rams, but yeah, you know what happened on the other side. I still believe we were a playoff team with good coaching last year. With the talent we had, 10-6 should of been our record at least. We lost 4 games under 4 points in a row that year, good coaching would of won at least 3 of them.

Yeah, still, it is very enjoyable to get some well deserved national respect.

HAMMER
08-04-2004, 05:52 PM
Last year we were not as good as we showed early and not as bad as we showed late. With Moulds injury our offense came crashing to earth. We have all seen teams turn things around very quickly the last five or so seasons. Buffalo is absolutely a team that can do that. Especially with the defense we have!

I have enough faith that two months ago I bought myself what I like to call a little insurance policy. 75$ at 20-1 odds that we win the AFC. That will pay for my old lady and I to fly down for the game and get a room. Then 75$ at 45-1 odds that we win the SB, that will pay for the rest of the trip and tickets, if not I pay for the tickets out of my pocket. I thought it wise to do it before training camp came and the rest of the world got a look at our backfield and dropped the odds. Let's Go Buffa-lo.

Halbert
08-04-2004, 09:10 PM
I have no idea who this guy is and what credibility he has, but this link to his 2002 predictions is surprisingly accurate:

http://web.archive.org/web/20021220083825/http://www.nflreport.com/preseason_predictions.htm

The only ones he missed were Chicago (tanked), NYGiants (did better), Atlanta (just mised playoffs), St.Louis (Warner imploded).

Bill Brasky
08-04-2004, 10:14 PM
Though I still expect them to make the playoffs, I don't see NE making it to the Super Bowl again, esp. in this era of the NFL where repeating is extremely difficult.

I don't like Philly this year either. They've blown 3 chances, they've proven they can't win AT HOME, and signing TO doesn't bring them an NFL title like everyone thinks it will.

I think the NFC is really up in the air this year. If teams like Seattle, Minn., or New Orleans play to their potential they could be dangerous, but the whole Conference is difficult to predict.

northernbillfan
08-05-2004, 01:31 AM
Let's hope this isn't like the infamous Sports Illustraded "curse" Appear anywhere near the cover of SI, and you can kiss the season goodbye.

Throne Logic
08-05-2004, 01:46 AM
NFC
I'm thinking that the Seahawks and Vikings are the teams to watch in the NFC. These two teams have been together now for a couple of years, only improving themselves in the process. I'm going to pick Seattle over Minn because of coaching and the running game.

Yes there's a whole lot of potential others, like Philly and Washington, etc. etc.
Philly doesn't have a defense.
Washington has to adapt a whole new system and a bunch of new players.
Tuna just doesn't have the weapons yet in Dallas.
Rams are on the decline.
Tampa's a mess.
Carolina's schedule is tougher and they've lost the element of surprise.
Mike Vick and company are still widely unproven in regards to long haul success.

AFC
Now this is a troublesome prediction. NE has to be the favorite because they have improved their roster and they have a head coach who is capable of keeping this team even keel and mentally strong. They've already experienced what the "let down" after a superbowl win feels like. They are the team to beat.

That said, Buffalo is going to be nipping at NE's heels all season. Furthemore, I believe that Buffalo represents the AFC's biggest wildcard going into this season. This is a team that had the talent last year and has improved upon that roster going into this year. Despite the head coaching change, the strong Defense stays pretty much the same, including those Defensive coaches. If the Offense can be molded into a consistent unit, then Buffalo could easily become a deep playoff caliber team.

Kansas City will roll on offense. We all know that. Unfortunately, for KC, everyone also knows that their defense is unchanged from the horrid unit fielded last year. Playoffs with an early exit.

Ah, the Colts. They'll be right up there in the mix contending for the AFC trophy. But, just like last year, I see them dropping the proverbial ball sometime in the latter rounds of the playoffs. Whether it's Payton tossing 4 INT's or the defense giving up big plays, it just doesn't matter.

Titan's have been loosing too many players for too long. It's going to catch up to them sometime. They'll be close to the mix because of Steve McNair.

Jacksonville isn't ready. They will be soon, but not quite yet. Flashes of brilliance and a run at a Wildcard spot.

Denver is Done. Mike Shannahan will be lucky to be in Denver in 2005. Although he could wind up with a Holmgren type situation and be reduced to HC only.

Raiders are in decline. Between age and Free Agency. They'll improve over last year but not by enough to truly compete.

The unfortunate news for some decent AFC team heading into the last couple weeks of the Playoff Race is that the AFC North gets to send their Division winner into the postseason, regardless of their record. We've seen it before. We'll see it again this year. Some poor 9-7 or even 10-6 team is going to sit home watching an 8-8 AFC North team in the AFC Wild Card. This division is a mess. Baltimore has a fantastic Defense, but if they loose Jamal, they'll need that defense to score if they ever hope to win. Pittsburgh is in bad shape. There are holes everywhere on that team. The defense is bad and the offense is confused. Cleveland has Jeff "My Aching Back" Garcia and unproven Kellen "No Money Is Enough" Winslow, Jr. I'm going to go with Baltimore, only because their defense is amazing and I'm fairly certain that Jamal will be able to use his Pro-Athlete "Get Out Of Jail Free" card.

Superbowl Predictions: Seattle looses to , sigh, NE.

(God I hope I'm wrong)

EM Bills Fan 80
08-05-2004, 02:20 AM
Indy vs. Minnesota

Indy Champs

don137
08-05-2004, 06:52 AM
I wouldn't give this guy too much credibility. He calls Carolina's coach Mike Fox and not John Fox...Maybe this guy is Pete Prisco's little brother...

Hemlepp53
08-05-2004, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by slruh
Wow, I can't believe it. They actually pick us to win it also.

Originally posted by ryjam282
Hey just go with it. It has been awhile since we have seen something like this around here.

Originally posted by BAM
:bravo:

:gobills:

Any team in the AFC could go this year. I think NE will fall back to the pack and Indy and KC don't have the D.

A couple breaks, Strong D and a nice running game, who knows.

Good Points Made Fellas... I perdict a Playoff Showing.. But In The Playoffs Strange Things Happen.. So No One Knows Really.. But Its Always Fun To Perdict..

ShadowHawk7
08-05-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by jfreeman
Though I still expect them to make the playoffs, I don't see NE making it to the Super Bowl again, esp. in this era of the NFL where repeating is extremely difficult.

I don't like Philly this year either. They've blown 3 chances, they've proven they can't win AT HOME, and signing TO doesn't bring them an NFL title like everyone thinks it will.

I think the NFC is really up in the air this year. If teams like Seattle, Minn., or New Orleans play to their potential they could be dangerous, but the whole Conference is difficult to predict.

Good point Jfree, agreed.

tampabay25690
08-05-2004, 11:53 AM
I like KC vs Phili in the SB!!!!!

ANd I dont think Denver is done at all.

The Spaz
08-05-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by tampabay25690
I like KC vs Phili in the SB!!!!!

ANd I dont think Denver is done at all.

KC is very good on offense bu their D I'm suspect about hence all the points they gave up in the playoffs.